PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Best 11.

feo123
01/07/2005, 8:02 PM
Who do you thyink should be starting for the rovers?? post wat you think should be our starting line up.! :) :ball:

garykelly
01/07/2005, 8:25 PM
O'Hara

Cretaro Burns McNamara Low

O'Donnell O'Grady Curran Kudozovic

McTiernan, Flannery

roversforever
01/07/2005, 8:42 PM
O'Hara

Cretaro Burns McNamara Low

O'Donnell O'Grady Curran Kudozovic

McTiernan, Flannery
same as that but i wouldn't have gary curran in.don't get me wrong i think he is an absolutely terrific player and the brightest young player at the club.i rate him so highely i think he will go on to become one of the sligo rovers greats.however he is only 17 and i think he should be protected and used sparingly.i think sean is doing a great job with him.giving him just the odd run out is the way to go.

garykelly
01/07/2005, 8:52 PM
i've him in becuase he's the only other central midfielder to work like O'grady. maybe feeney cud be done. hasnt done anything wrong and played well. curran is a classy player. good enough is old enough but i agree, not to be used all the time for fear of burn out..it's best 11 so he's there. havent see murtagh yet but he is described as box to box midfielder so we'll see if he can get into the 11

Petmuller
01/07/2005, 10:37 PM
O'Hara

A.N.Other Burns McNamara Low

Cretaro O'Grady A.N.Other Kudozovic

McTiernan, Flannery

sligoman
01/07/2005, 11:08 PM
This has been done so many times:rolleyes:. Maybe we should make this one a sticky so it will stop been asked? :D

feo123
02/07/2005, 11:56 AM
Mine would be:
o'hara
Raf Burnsy Mac Kaps

O' donnell O' Grady feeney faz

paul flannery ;)

red metal
02/07/2005, 2:37 PM
O Hara/

Ryan O D/ Mc Namara/ Burns/ Lowe

Raf/ O Grady/ Fenney/ Faz

Sean and Paul

I really thought young curran made a big impact on the game when he came on last weekened.and i thought Steve Fenney was class last week apart from the miss

Rory H
04/07/2005, 9:49 AM
the reason we have one of these threads is cos it changes every week...our squad is full of quality...

The Stars
04/07/2005, 10:23 AM
the quality of our squad can be seen when we score 4 without mctiernan in the stadium....
BTW Stephen O'donnell isnt scoring this season but he is certainly making up for it with all his assists(another 2 against Monaghan)

gustavo
04/07/2005, 11:15 AM
ok i cant resist!
o hara
raf burns mcnamara low

mcdonnell conor feeney faz

mct flannery

no great shocks there!

ali2005
04/07/2005, 3:51 PM
[QUOTE=red metal]O Hara/

Ryan O D/ Mc Namara/ Burns/ Lowe

Raf/ O Grady/ Fenney/ Faz

Sean and Paul

I really thought young curran made a big impact on the game when he came on last weekened.and i thought Steve Fenney was class last week apart from the miss[/QUOTE/]

I agree with everything apart from sean flannery up front, id put alvarez instead of flannery

Da Real Rover
04/07/2005, 5:48 PM
Same as gustavo.

roversforever
05/07/2005, 10:59 PM
sligoman i want your opinion on this topic!you spent enough time telling us how useless sean flannery is....i would like to see if he's in your team now.i don't think you can deny he's proven you wrong!

sligoman
05/07/2005, 11:04 PM
sligoman i want your opinion on this topic!you spent enough time telling us how useless sean flannery is....i would like to see if he's in your team now.i don't think you can deny he's proven you wrong!

Oh yes I can. This is my opinion, agree/disagree then fair enough but I shouldn't be criticised for my own opinion. I think Flannery is terrible, fair enough his goal against Mons was unbelievable and is a contender for goal of the season but apart from that I think he is a waste. He would not be in my best eleven and I hope, if we sign Browne, that he wont be in Sean Connor's either ;) .

Aaron GUFC
06/07/2005, 3:08 PM
O'hara
cretaro Burns Mc Namara Low
Mc donnel O'Grady Kudoviz mcCartney
McTiernan Alavarez :cool:

Ihave to say i agree and im not being biased Alvarez is a fantastic player and he is a great addition to your squad : ( also mccarthney is an excellent prospect to have : ( O'Grady is one of the best too but is Cretaro not better off in midfield???

gustavo
06/07/2005, 3:27 PM
He probably is but we dont have a better right back option at the moment .

gustavo
06/07/2005, 4:01 PM
hehe the operative word there is better!
gallaghers useless
mcnamara probably would be good but he is a centreback and doing very well there
purcell is a good player not sure why he hasnt broken through more.
if u want more options u could have emlyn mulligan.

Darco Ooragnak
06/07/2005, 4:42 PM
O'Hara

Purcell Burns McNamara

Cretaro O`Grady Curran/Murtagh Feeney Low

Kudozovic

McTiernan

sligoman
06/07/2005, 8:06 PM
O'Hara

Purcell Burns McNamara

Cretaro O`Grady Curran/Murtagh Feeney Low

Kudozovic

McTiernan

No Flannery?:confused:. You must not be a true fan Darco :rolleyes: :D

roversforever
06/07/2005, 8:09 PM
purcell is a good player not sure why he hasnt broken through more.
sean is a good mate and i can confirm that he has been struggling with injury all season.he tried to make a comback in an U-21 game but broke down again.

sligoman
06/07/2005, 11:21 PM
to anyone who doesn't have flannery in der best 11: specsavers are opeing soon in the quayside shopping centre&the showgrounds is located on church hill which is 50 yards from the train station

:rolleyes:, thanks for the tip, I must go and get you a pair :p :D

ali2005
09/07/2005, 8:50 AM
:rolleyes:, thanks for the tip, I must go and get you a pair :p :D

:D :D

red metal
09/07/2005, 10:18 AM
I hope young curran gets a run tonight.He might get his chance if steve fenney is still injured.But we will see that muppet garth gorman id say.

Rory H
09/07/2005, 10:29 AM
he cant play him!the shed will eat him alive if he plays....then curran will come on...hopefully feeney is fit though

madjack
12/07/2005, 10:20 PM
Faz and Raff combined brilliantly at times against Athlone, they have to be played in those positions from hereon in surely... only problem was getting in quality crosses... the one that was real quality became the game's only goal thanks to a great Flannery header.

New signings looked good too, O' Donnell made a real difference when he came on and made the winner.

All in all, bar one or 2 iffy performances that was a team that really ground out a result.

TopOfTheLeague
23/07/2005, 9:30 PM
GK: :ball: hara
RB: Cretaro
LB: Low
CB: Burns
CB: Mc namara
LM: Mc carthney
RM: Faz
CM: :ball: Grady
CM: Curran
CF: Flannery
CF: Mc Tiernan

give Browne a few games and see what hes like, maybe put him in 4 Flannery

sligoman
26/08/2005, 2:20 PM
---------------O'Hara

Cretaro----Burns----McNamara----McCann

Kuduzovic----O'Grady----Feeney*----Low

---------McTiernan---------Brown

*It's between Feeney and Foley for this one, depending on form, the manager should switch them about. ;)

gustavo
29/08/2005, 1:07 PM
looks like sean agrees with you pretty much except with seanie for paul brown :)

i imagine now that ian rossiter will come in for the next game after his great performance against pats probably at the expense of mc cann.

sligoman
29/08/2005, 1:12 PM
i imagine now that ian rossiter will come in for the next game after his great performance against pats probably at the expense of mc cann.Probably. Any news on his injury after coming off against Pat's? :confused:

Redtop
10/09/2005, 4:56 PM
O Hara
Raf
Burns
Mc Namara
Low
Curran
O Grady
Feeney
Faz
St. Paul