PDA

View Full Version : Reid on his way from Spurs

drummerboy
01/07/2005, 1:56 PM
Spurs have just had a bid for Downing of Middlesboro turned down. There was a row at Spurs last year between Martin Jol and Director of Football Frank Arneson. Jol didn't want to play Reid and Arneson insisted on Reid being played. Arneson has just left for Chelsea. Jol has just made a bid for Downing. If I was Andy Reid I would certainly be concerned.

Reality Bites
01/07/2005, 2:16 PM
Rubbish

drummerboy
01/07/2005, 2:22 PM
Why did they bid for Stewart Downing if they already have Reid and Ziegler in that position? Despite what people have said here about Andy Reid, he hasn't really set the world on fire at Spurs.

Fergie's Son
01/07/2005, 3:09 PM
It seems a little sudden though. Reid has had less than a half-season at Spure. That said, it is a little odd that they bid for Downing. I personally don't rate Downing that highly but it would certainly seem that he would be in direct competition to Reid. Perhaps Spurs are thinking of going the 2 winger route a la Chelsea?

drummerboy
01/07/2005, 3:25 PM
They have also signed Wayne Routledge from Crystal Palace. So Reid will have plenty of competition, that is, if he is still there.

SaucyJack
01/07/2005, 3:39 PM
They have also signed Wayne Routledge from Crystal Palace. So Reid will have plenty of competition, that is, if he is still there.

and Aaron Lennon from Leeds

zinedineontour
02/07/2005, 10:44 AM
stupid thread im sure jol has his own mind .. and reid was spurs best attacking option in midfield last season so doubt it ...

zinedineontour
02/07/2005, 10:45 AM
Why did they bid for Stewart Downing if they already have Reid and Ziegler in that position? Despite what people have said here about Andy Reid, he hasn't really set the world on fire at Spurs.

he has been excellent at spurs dont know what games you have seen him in ...

carnstien
02/07/2005, 11:16 AM
Routledge plays on the right does he not?

Think Reid could play in the centre anyway if Downing was signed...

jorge
02/07/2005, 12:48 PM
He's not going anywhere.Spurs are just buying for the sake of buying.

saints alive
02/07/2005, 2:10 PM
If spurs bought half the players they were linked with they would have more players than chelsea. Andy reid is one of ourbetter players, hes going no where . I hope.

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2005, 2:29 PM
I may be alone in this, but is Andy Reid in danger of becoming the next Liam Miller.... i.e. the most overrated Irish player of all time? :eek:

Poor Student
02/07/2005, 2:43 PM
I may be alone in this, but is Andy Reid in danger of becoming the next Liam Miller.... i.e. the most overrated Irish player of all time? :eek:

He's already fulfilled far more potential than Liam Miller. By his age Liam Miller had made only a handful of appearances for Celtic.

Spurs have given up on Downing btw.

tetsujin1979
03/07/2005, 12:58 AM
Andy's played consistently well for Forest for more than 2 seasons and was constantly linked with moves to the Premiership. Miller barely had 6 months in the first team with Celtic before signing the contract with United and spent the majority of the following 4 months out with a knee injury.

tricky_colour
03/07/2005, 9:08 PM

Don't underrate the pass he laid on for Keane to score against Israel,
I wouldn't say he is overrated.

drummerboy
04/07/2005, 9:04 AM
I hope Reid makes it. Not convinced he has the all-round atlecism needed for top-level football. I hope he doesn't overdo it in the summer.

dynamo kerry
04/07/2005, 10:35 AM
this thread is appalling. belongs in a tabloid.

Donal81
04/07/2005, 12:31 PM
this thread is appalling. belongs in a tabloid.

Spot on.

tricky_colour
04/07/2005, 2:39 PM
I hope Reid makes it. Not convinced he has the all-round atlecism needed for top-level football. I hope he doesn't overdo it in the summer.

He is very good at spelling apparently ;)

drummerboy
05/07/2005, 8:42 AM
Chill out Turf Paddy. Football is all about opinions. The thread was started because Spurs were actively trying to sign an England international who happens to play in Reids position. He has done OK for Spurs so far. The new season will be a huge one for him. I genuinely hope the guy fulfills his potential.