Risteard
01/07/2005, 11:53 AM
Red Fm
2 year deal :)

oops sorry. Merge

Ruairi
01/07/2005, 11:56 AM
let's keep em together lads yeah??

Best news i've heard all week. Helped cure my hangover a bit anyhow!

Risteard
01/07/2005, 12:01 PM
Proof that loyalty exists.

wws
01/07/2005, 12:13 PM
proof that Lennox's pockets are a fair bit lighter this morning!

will restrict your ability to buy in now - worth the price?

paudie
01/07/2005, 12:21 PM
proof that Lennox's pockets are a fair bit lighter this morning!

will restrict your ability to buy in now - worth the price?

Depends on the wages I suppose.

However to have lost Doyle and georgie within a month while we're top of the table would have been devastating for the club and supporters.

Peadar
01/07/2005, 12:49 PM
will restrict your ability to buy in now

Do we need to buy?
Lets see whats going free first.

pete
01/07/2005, 1:02 PM
Finally an end to the speculation. Hopefully Drogs will feck off now & get back to mid table struggle.

Lennox has proven to be shrewd negotiator of contracts (Doyle aside by that was different) so i trust he has paid George what he can afford.

higgins
01/07/2005, 1:05 PM
Considering George had said he wants another go at cross channel I wouldnt be at all surprised if their is another get out clause in the contract if a club outside of EL comes in for him.

You may have paid over the odds for him in wages because of the Drogheda interest and still lose him for next to nothing ?

Lets hope so :p

Dricky
01/07/2005, 1:20 PM
Considering George had said he wants another go at cross channel I wouldnt be at all surprised if their is another get out clause in the contract if a club outside of EL comes in for him.

You may have paid over the odds for him in wages because of the Drogheda interest and still lose him for next to nothing ?

Could of been worse could of signed some bohs rejects :D

I hope it is preformanced based (as well as a basic) as if he helps win the title he should be rewarded as should all the team

Cosmo
01/07/2005, 1:22 PM
Has he defo signed or what? Who has confirmed it?

Tbh I couldn't be bothered if we signed him as we are pretty well covered in midfield (though could see it being a massive advantage to us, shels, bohs and derry if ye did lose him seen as hes so important to ye)

patsh
01/07/2005, 1:25 PM

How's your main cheat, St Owen, getting on?

Still paranoid over the roasting we gave him last time?
Georgie is INSIDE his head.......:p

Peadar
01/07/2005, 1:39 PM
Georgie is INSIDE his head...

:D :D :D :D

That cracks me up everytime I read it. :D

Troy.McClure
01/07/2005, 2:10 PM
Best news Ive heard all year :) :ball:

PS

Who needs Abromovich?
Brian sells lots of chips!

:) :) :)

Peadar
01/07/2005, 2:25 PM
Best news Ive heard all year :) :ball:

Certainly, even better than Dolan leaving. :D

niamh
01/07/2005, 2:36 PM
You can say that again Peadar!!
Great news.
IMO George talking about wanting to play cross channel was a contract ploy.

Dricky
01/07/2005, 2:46 PM
Certainly, even better than Dolan leaving. :D

It's get's better and better, Fair dues George, football has been reinvented in you over the past few seasons, great to see tha passion could not be bought.

Ali-G
01/07/2005, 4:39 PM
We just re-signed the best player in Ireland. Happy days
:D

patsh
01/07/2005, 4:55 PM
We have our chant now for the next $h€l$ game...to the tune of "Oops upside your head"

"Who's inside your head, say who's inside your head"....:D

SÓC
01/07/2005, 5:51 PM
We have our chant now for the next $h€l$ game...to the tune of "Oops upside your head"

"Who's inside your head, say who's inside your head"....:D

or to the tune of Zombie by the Cranberries

In Your Heads, In Your Heads,
Georgie, Georgie, Geoooorggiieeee

Counting Crow
01/07/2005, 11:05 PM
One very important thing about this is that this now more or less guarantees he stays with us for the rest of his career.

Think about it.

He's 25 now.

He has just signed a 2 year extension to his current contract keeping him with us to the end of 2007.

He will then be nearly 28.

Certainly no club in England will want him and he won't sign for another Irish Club.

George is a true Rebel. ;)

So important to us and playing out of his skin at the moment. Player of the season IMO.

Let's pray he doesn't get injured :rolleyes:

kevincronin2000
01/07/2005, 11:58 PM
well going on tonights performance brian kerr would do well to have a look at him.

Fair_play_boy
02/07/2005, 1:47 AM
well going on tonights performance brian kerr would do well to have a look at him.Ssssshhhhhh! Keep your voice down! Way too many deep-pocket clubs watch Kerr's selections.

higgins
02/07/2005, 1:49 AM
I hope it is preformanced based (as well as a basic) as if he helps win the title he should be rewarded as should all the team

Ah but sure when you tell the rovers and bohs lads that its mainly based on winning things like we have tried to tell them about our recent signings they will just tell you that your wrong and your forking out 5K a week on him :p

patsh
02/07/2005, 9:08 AM
Ah but sure when you tell the rovers and bohs lads that its mainly based on winning things like we have tried to tell them about our recent signings they will just tell you that your wrong and your forking out 5K a week on him :p
It's quite simple: they don't believe you, because you are telling lies!
:D

EnDai
04/07/2005, 12:54 PM
Meanwhile, Cork midfielder George O'Callaghan has yet to sign the two year extension on offer at Turner's Cross. O'Callaghan - who is being pursued by Drogheda United - has been told to sign up or leave in the July transfer window.

I hope, for your sake, it's bull!

Éanna
04/07/2005, 1:28 PM
you have to remember that everything written in the star stands a good chance of being influenced by that **** dolan.

AFAIK, he hasn't ACTUALLY signed the contract yet, but has given his word that he will.

EnDai
04/07/2005, 4:17 PM
True, I can't imagine any team over here telling Georgie to leave! :eek:

kevincronin2000
05/07/2005, 11:29 AM
according to todays star :rolleyes: O'flynn will leave at the end of the season to go back to england :(

patsh
05/07/2005, 11:55 AM
according to todays star :rolleyes: O'flynn will leave at the end of the season to go back to england :(
Which is why he is having contract talks with Rico at the moment.....:rolleyes:

Anyway, what is he going to do? Head over to England trying to get trials with clubs?
Surely some club has to come in for him before he goes?
He simply can't just go over there and hope for the best.....

EnDai
05/07/2005, 12:08 PM
Sure he'd be able to fix something up, Dolan'd get him sorted! :D :D :eek: !!!!

He hinted at it being his last year as he wants to play in a more competitive league!

tiktok
05/07/2005, 3:21 PM

He said that way back when he signed the contract extension.
Seems like Georgie isn't the only player with 'contacts' in that red top rag to help hold the club to ransom :rolleyes:

pete
05/07/2005, 3:53 PM
SHe hinted at it being his last year as he wants to play in a more competitive league!

Yeah shels aren't putting up a fight anymore. Just too easy.