PDA

View Full Version : Treaty United v Limerick FC

LFC Blue
10/07/2021, 5:50 AM
Just trying to gauge support for the new entity before (hopefully) larger crowds get the green light. Will the loss of the name deter many diehards getting behind the club. Is the lack of traffic on this particular message board a bad sign.

sadloserkid
10/07/2021, 11:09 AM
I'd sooner give up on football completely than give another cent or second of my money and time to anything being organised by the previous buffoon. I think most people are delighted at the opportunity to follow a club without the stench of lunatic, amoral nonsense hanging off. People were treated appallingly by a vainglorious moron who did a fairly convincing job of hiding his nastier side behind a wall of clownish stupidity and inane publicity stunts. I reckon Treaty will be fine to be honest*. The lack of traffic here doesn't mean a thing. It's not like there's any traffic as such on the Shamrock Rovers or Dundalk forum here either and most of the old LFC heads on these boards vanished when the Limerick FC forum was disappeared for quite some time.

*By fine I mean they'll probably trudge along for 5-8 years and then, in time honoured LOI tradition, implode and the cycle will begin anew.

blueblood
10/07/2021, 1:10 PM
I'll watch Treaty when fans are allowed back (more something to do than being a fan).
A few issues I have are:
POS and LFC are not the same thing, there's been plenty of interesting chairmen over the years that I haven't liked.
Limerick FC have not gone away (they could be back in senior football without POS).
TU haven't really appealed to me as a "Limerick Club" (ie stupid name & not playing in blue).
TU seem to have branded itself as a Mid West club as apposed to a Limerick club.
If TU are really a shiny brand new club with no attachment to previous club/regime's then stop using Limerick FC/City/Utd/AFC/ 37 history/success as your own. You're a new club so you don't need an official "historian".
Make your mind up Treaty are you a Limerick club or a brand new Mid West franchise based in Limerick, you can't just cherry pick your past

sadloserkid
10/07/2021, 3:24 PM
I'd agree with a lot of what you said there blueblood but the colours don't bother me at all really. Red and white were the original colours anyway. Limerick FC absolutely branded themselves as 'the pride of midwest' and similar at times too.

Lim till i die
11/07/2021, 12:08 PM
Thought this was going to be about the u15 game today :D

2 o clock Hogan Park for anyone interested

blueblood
12/07/2021, 9:45 AM
Thought this was going to be about the u15 game today :D

2 o clock Hogan Park for anyone interested
Was there any riots there?

blueblood
12/07/2021, 9:49 AM
I'd agree with a lot of what you said there blueblood but the colours don't bother me at all really. Red and white were the original colours anyway. Limerick FC absolutely branded themselves as 'the pride of midwest' and similar at times too.
I agree to an extent but Treaty United seem much less "Limerick " for some reason. I'm still undecided 😕

Lim till i die
12/07/2021, 6:39 PM
Was there any riots there?

Tea and coffee were available.

Treaty won one nil

It was actually a very good game of ball, you would have expected treaty with their phalanx of coaches of first pick of all the players to have destroyed Limerick but there you go

On the general jist of the thread whether people like it or not Treaty = Good, Limerick = Evil is way too simplistic for anyone paying attention. There's more people involved in Treaty now that were involved with Limerick FC last year than there are people who are involved with Limerick FC now. There's some sound, decent, hard working, fellas there (as there still is at Limerick FC) and there's also some people there from the previous regime that I personally wouldn't have in the way. People who were Pat O'Sullivans best friends and stood over everything Pat O'Sullivan did (up to and including not paying for Sean Russell's surgery) until the exact moment Pat O'Sullivan didn't have any more money.

And then he became evil.

Treaty is less a new club than it is a lifeboat for those departing the holed below the water line Limerick FC.

And more power to them. Pats Limerick was a lifeboat from Jack's Limerick which was a lifeboat from Gers Limerick which was a lifeboat from Danny's Limerick which I believe was a hovercraft of some kind.

But it does look like they've made more of a concious effort to distance themselves and it wouldn't really wash with me personally.

On a side note at the shels game Friday got feedback from a steward that the language at the Galway game was very bad and could it be toned down and this came from the event controller. So Treaty still haven't weeded out absolute cretins like that event controller.

On the pitch results have been great, great credit due to the team, don't get me wrong injury time winners and equalisers against shels are standard fare, but there's many the much more expensive Limerick the than them that did nothing in turners cross or terryland besides turn up and get hammered. There is a great spirit there and they are all giving it a go. Having said all that they are a really, really, hard watch.

Off the pitch get rid of the stupid name, change the colours to what they should be (if Pat O'Sullivan actually owns the colour blue why is the away kit blue?!), remember you're a football club and not an all inclusive community jamboree and itll be all enthusiasm everywhere for a tilt at the first division next year when a few players come back.