PDA

View Full Version : Would Any Rovers Player Get Near Our Squad?

Peadar
30/06/2005, 2:26 PM
With Rovers putting all their players up for sale today, is there any that you think could add to our squad?

Yer man McCourt, perhaps?

Troy.McClure
30/06/2005, 2:38 PM
Molloy might be ok to have on the bench, Payne as reserve keeper, other than that no, except for McCourt like you said.

Comic Book Guy
30/06/2005, 2:44 PM
I think McCourt is too similar to George O'C (McCourt's goal against Harps was something else :eek: ). Could your team afford to have two v. skilful, v.similar players in the same XI?
I know Danny Blanchflower once said that it's the unskillful players are the luxury not the skillful ones, but you know what I'm getting at here, if McCourt signed it might upset the balance of your team. Good player though.

Peadar
30/06/2005, 2:45 PM
Molloy might be ok to have on the bench.

I would seriously have to consider my position as a Cork City FC supporter if that individual was employed by my club! :mad:

Schumi
30/06/2005, 2:51 PM
Payne as reserve keeper
Payne is hopeless, wouldn't go near him.

Dricky
30/06/2005, 2:57 PM
How much for Shoddy roddy??

pineapple stu
30/06/2005, 3:04 PM
Technically not even a Rovers player for the past couple of weeks either.

Cosmo
30/06/2005, 3:27 PM
'Molloy might be ok to have on the bench'

Come on, Molloy is far better than fenn or behan - hes one of the best in the league

Roo69
30/06/2005, 3:31 PM
'Molloy might be ok to have on the bench'

Come on, Molloy is far better than fenn or behan - hes one of the best in the league

I'd have to agree, i think Molloy would be a massive assit to ANY eL team, great player and has seemed to calm down a lot over the past couple of seasons.

dancinpants
30/06/2005, 3:45 PM

Payne is back in the states. He left Rovers a couple of weeks ago.

Éanna
30/06/2005, 6:13 PM
McCourt is a very good player, would happily take him. Apart from that not really. Its not like we need many players anyway

patsh
30/06/2005, 6:30 PM
I would seriously have to consider my position as a Cork City FC supporter if that individual was employed by my club! :mad:
DITTO !

FlyingColumnist
30/06/2005, 10:44 PM
McCourt definately, most exciting player in the league, but he's off to Motherwell apparently

dcnags
30/06/2005, 10:46 PM
I have heard people say McCourt has gone to Motherwell in Scotland and that its a done deal. I thought last week was his last game for Rovers? Mccourt would be a huge signing for the club, he is a class player.

patsh
01/07/2005, 6:50 AM
There are reports that McCourt might be persuaded to go to Derry. Motherwell is not a done deal yet.

Peadar
01/07/2005, 8:19 AM
Come on, Molloy is far better than fenn or behan

Behan is good now and has bags of potential.
When he recovers from the broken cheek which has kept him out for the past couple of weeks, you'll see him up there with the top scorers.
Molloy is past it and more trouble than he's worth.

Troy.McClure
01/07/2005, 11:02 AM

Im just saying like! :o If he could score a few important goals for us Im sure everyone would like him then ;) I wouldnt be rushing out to get him or anything, but he's not a bad player. (He's still my number 2 'hate' player though, after Olli€ Ca$hil ) :D

Cosmo
01/07/2005, 11:06 AM
'after Olli€ Ca$hil'

I know its a bit off topic but on that, why is cahill a judas because he left for more money - though if poncy george leaves for more money he is not a judas :confused: ?

Peadar
01/07/2005, 11:11 AM
why is cahill a judas because he left for more money - though if poncy george leaves for more money he is not a judas :confused: ?

Georgie is from Cork so he's being ambitious.
Ollie is from Tip so he's just being greedy. :D

Cosmo
01/07/2005, 11:12 AM
Georgie is from Cork so he's being ambitious.
Ollie is from Tip so he's just being greedy. :D

Still doesnt answer the question :rolleyes:

patsh
01/07/2005, 11:44 AM
'after Olli€ Ca$hil'

I know its a bit off topic but on that, why is cahill a judas because he left for more money - though if poncy george leaves for more money he is not a judas :confused: ?
If the "ponce" you are talking about is the one your club is prepared to almost bankrupt itself over, I would consider him a Judas if he had left for Drogheda. But he has some cop-on, and relaised that ridiculous amounts of money are not everything!...:p

Troy.McClure
01/07/2005, 2:21 PM
'after Olli€ Ca$hil'

Well if he went to $h€l$ after being offered a reasonable contract from us, then yes he would be. However Georgie is more like Jesus than Judas and he's staying at the X now :)

Counting Crow
01/07/2005, 11:24 PM
How much for Shoddy roddy??

I think he'd be a good buy.

With the crowds increasing at The Cross we need new people to man the extra turnstiles :D

There is no way Ollie Byrne would even think of trying to get past him after Roddy's "right hook" decked him at Tolka a few weeks ago!! :rolleyes:

Mind you, someone would have to be employed to check the takings with that toe-rag on the gate. :D

Peadar
26/07/2005, 9:49 AM
From what I saw on Friday night, the simple answer is "No!"
Rovers have nothing to offer on the field.
Even when they're being given away for free, I couldn't see any Rovers player making it into our squad.

Schumi
26/07/2005, 11:42 AM
Their keeper would make your bench surely.

YoungHoop
26/07/2005, 11:53 AM
i have never heard so much pants in al lmy life..

McCourt would walk into your team, Molloy would be a good addition, gavin the centre half would also.
Mooney up front is a huge prospest and i have him marked out as one for the future . same goes for benni
only a young lad far better things to come from him also. You have to look at the big picture our team is very young...
like sevie gough is a seinor player at 24!!!! panye is gone murphy is in, and from what i have seen from him he is the 2nd best keeper
i have seen todate with dan connors being the only one who is better.

But please dont take any of our players...... we needs them if they stay they might take a wage cut and then next season take it from their.
If we can keep all the young lads together we will deffo have a good squad of players in 2 - 3 years and who knows what will happen then

patsh
26/07/2005, 11:55 AM
Their keeper would make your bench surely.
Definitely, he kept them from getting a complete tanking the other night, and seems to have done the same in other games too.
He is definitely the best young keeper in the eL at the moment, but McNulty has immense talent too.
I suppose most people would say McCourt as well, but ,tbh, from what I've seen of him, he isn't great. Totally out of the game, especially when he was being relied on to do something.....

wws
26/07/2005, 12:06 PM
I've always been a bit sceptical of the McCourt hype - Roddy was on newstalk again pumping out more BS on McCourt - 'best player by a mile'

I have to say its sounds like patentend Roddy Spin to these ears

Éanna
26/07/2005, 12:32 PM
Keeper is excellent, would be good for our bench and McCourt would get in the squad as well- dunno would he get in the team though. Apart from that, not really.

tiktok
26/07/2005, 12:42 PM
Murphy, Mooney and McCourt would all be decent additions to our squad, if not directly onto the first team. IMO anyway.

radar
27/07/2005, 12:12 AM
With a name like Barry Murphy surely the goalie would fit in! Seriously he has been impressive from all reports this season. Mind you i was in the St Annes end for the second half and he gave the finger behind his back as he kicked out the ball after the Woods penalty claim. Stupid carry on to a gang of kids. He should leave that crap to Dan Connor.