PDA

View Full Version : poll

soccerhead
18/06/2001, 12:02 AM
With a one nil deficit going into the secong leg, how will Cork manage?

A face
18/06/2001, 12:44 AM
it will be a scrap alright, but at least they know what to expect, I think City were just as good as them ... it just didn't go our way, but to be honest, Hartigans game was crap, he is skillful at times but for the most part he ain't switched on, with the 4-5-1 being played he should be more active, looking for balls and if not drawing players away from play, he really doesn't seem to look at his positioning at all, unless he is totally aware and doesn't need to look, somehow i doubt that. I dont know if any of you agree with me but a striker should be greedy and be screaming for the ball, giving defenders a nightmare, i know it has been said before but tynan would have done well, experience and his lack of ability to stay upright when tackled are not in his favour but going down out the box for a free kick is good, he does move about and he does take on defenders ... far more that hartigan, some said earlier the guy marking him got most of the high balls, this is typical, he should be blowing him out of it and winning the balls, and get those legs in any where he can, he really just kinda hangs around waiting for it, which is fine if you dont lose the ball under your feet. we'll wait and see.

James
18/06/2001, 9:21 AM
still trying to organise going over but me reckons give the astute footballing brain that is gunther a 1-0 win to city @ full time with us then either going through AET or on penos..now wheres that bottle of whiskey and my rosary beads gone:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Leonard
18/06/2001, 10:39 AM
What about the option "City sit back and try not to get injured for the Celtic match"?

James
18/06/2001, 12:36 PM
ok so i'm changing my vote to that!
hell lets just send the reverses over there, or why not just concede the tie. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

soccerhead
18/06/2001, 4:19 PM
Dont be so pessimistic James! Cork showed that the could match them. Just look at Bohemians away leg against Kaiserslautern. Just give them your support thats all you fans can do!

joe
18/06/2001, 5:00 PM
sorry to say it but i can't see them doing it

James
18/06/2001, 5:01 PM
i'll give you pesemism!

I'm one of about 4 city supporters from what i can make out traveling via 4or 5 shagging countries to support my club. we miss one connection (and there are a few dodgy ones) and we get stranded/deported or whatever..
why i am igoing oh cause i'm soo pesimistic that i think we will win and we will qualify..

City for Europe

btw what irish side do you support soccerhead....$eltic or liverpool or is leeds?

Éanna
18/06/2001, 5:50 PM
JAMES, I do believe you're edging ever closer to strike 1! We're gonna win 2-2 (away goals), we're gonna win 2-2!

soccerhead
18/06/2001, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by James
i'll give you pesemism!

I'm one of about 4 city supporters from what i can make out traveling via 4or 5 shagging countries to support my club. we miss one connection (and there are a few dodgy ones) and we get stranded/deported or whatever..
why i am igoing oh cause i'm soo pesimistic that i think we will win and we will qualify..

City for Europe

btw what irish side do you support soccerhead....$eltic or liverpool or is leeds?

Fare play to ya!!! but one thing! i wasnt talkin to ya!!!!!! i was talkin to Leonard!

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:32 AM
Definitley a strike 1 for James so.

James
19/06/2001, 10:01 AM
Dont be so pessimistic James!

did you or did you not post that ?
Cause to the rest of the world it looks like you were talking to me

dahamsta
19/06/2001, 10:30 AM
I agree. The use of James' name was a dead giveaway...

adam

Jim Smith
19/06/2001, 12:02 PM
...he was 'talkin to me' and decided to be formal :D

Éanna
19/06/2001, 5:30 PM
LOL!:D

soccerhead
20/06/2001, 10:42 PM
I agree with James formally known as Jim. you see! I was really talking to user name Jim not you user name James.

ps: Thanks Jim. You saved me