PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Charles

Rocky Rules
30/06/2005, 7:24 AM
Reports in this mornings papers that wes is off July 1st to Rostov, in the Russian Premier Division. Devo quoted in the "Mirror" thanking Wes for his great service and sayong that he would not stand in the way of Wes advancing his career (!)

Is it April 1st, or does this deal sound "done & dusted" with the calm acceptance of the manager? Am I missing something obvious? :confused:

KK77
30/06/2005, 7:57 AM
no seems a done deal by all accounts though i am sure his main "man" Roo could confirm this????

BrayZil
30/06/2005, 8:15 AM
Yea its definately a done deal. I'm sure it will be up on the website at some stage today.

BrayZil
30/06/2005, 9:35 AM
Taken from the Bray Wanderers website:

Bray central defender and St Vincent & The Grenadines international Wesley Charles has gone on loan to FC Rostov, in the Russian Premier League, for the remainder of the season.

The big centre-half, who played 128 games and scored five times in four and a half years (covering six seasons) for the Seagulls, said he would miss Bray - but as usual, he has wound up by the seaside: Rostov-on-Don is on the shores of the Black Sea!

Roo69
30/06/2005, 9:54 AM
Yeah Weso has signed for Rostov on a 6 month loan deal alright (he's in the airport as i write this !) he's been a great servant to the club over the years and will be missed by the Wanderers and the people of Bray. Best of luck mate.

Anyone know Russian (http://www.fc-rostov.ru/) ?

Few roumers of new signings coming in....watch this space

KK77
30/06/2005, 9:57 AM
Huge blow to us especially the way things are at the moment big big blow. How do you feel Roo?? Did you drive him to the airport??

BrayZil
30/06/2005, 10:00 AM
He will definately be missed. Lovely chap! He's been an excellent signing for Bray and I wish him all the best. Hopefully we'll have him back next season. I'm sure the Wes deal will bring in a few players. We need a central defender and a striker. Wonder if theres anyone in the Waterford and Rovers clear out we could have??

Roo69
30/06/2005, 10:07 AM
He will definately be missed. Lovely chap! He's been an excellent signing for Bray and I wish him all the best. Hopefully we'll have him back next season. I'm sure the Wes deal will bring in a few players. We need a central defender and a striker. Wonder if theres anyone in the Waterford and Rovers clear out we could have??

Yeah Weso is a top man, good mate of mine, as you say best of look to him, hopefully we'll see him again some day wearing the green and white.

BrayZil
30/06/2005, 10:18 AM
As you say he'll be missed not on the pitch but around the town. I reckon he'll come back. Most Bray players that move on seem to come back to us in the end. I'm still holding out hope that Jason Byrne will come back to us in a few years. (I can only dream!)

superfrank
30/06/2005, 10:31 AM
On loan? I can't believe that. Good luck to him though, he is one of the best defenders in the country.

Troy.McClure
30/06/2005, 11:00 AM
This is the strangest deal Ive ever heard of in the eL! :eek:

What money are Bray getting out of this? Does Devo have his agents hat on again? :confused: Id be gutted if I were a seagul :o

Roo69
30/06/2005, 11:03 AM
This is the strangest deal Ive ever heard of in the eL! :eek:

What money are Bray getting out of this? Does Devo have his agents hat on again? :confused: Id be gutted if I were a seagul :o

Yeah IMO i think we are really going to miss Wes, but hopefully with him moving on this will free up more funds for a few more signings to strengthen the over-all squad, which is more important than one player, especially if it means us staying in the premier.

I don't think Devo had anything to do with this

lowflyingseagul
30/06/2005, 11:06 AM
the girls in koo will be gutted, great player hope he does well

Sheridan
30/06/2005, 11:09 AM
I don't think Devo had anything to do with this
Zayed was linked with Dinamo Moscow before he went to Crewe...

Judging from what I've seen of him this season, Wes has been well shy of his usual standard, but good luck to him out there. His sojourn at Bray will go some way towards helping him acclimatize to the weather, at any rate!

Roo69
30/06/2005, 11:12 AM

lol.........thats very true ! :D

drinkfeckarse
30/06/2005, 12:28 PM
Surely Bray received a fee even for a loan deal?? Seems common practice these days.

KR's Post
30/06/2005, 4:33 PM
Ha ha ha ha!!! True... I am so upset that he has gone. Apparently the players only found out last night at training. I was hoping to at least say good bye and thanks but he has gone already with his flight being this morning. So sad, what a player and he is a great character on and off the pitch. I will sorely miss him and will sing his name very loud tomorrow night.

centre mid
01/07/2005, 8:01 AM
Sad to see Wes go, has been fantastic for the club, kids ( and big sisters :p ) loved him, he may have left his best form behind him this season but wish him all the best

:ball: