PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most you have ever spent on a Ireland Match ticket

Green Army Girl
29/06/2005, 2:41 PM
Mine was the Holland match where McAteer scored. €140 and 10 minutes into the game i only realised i was wearing the wrong jeans my other jeans had the ticket in it and there was no way i would have made it home to get the ticket.

Well at least it was a great match.

Ash
29/06/2005, 2:48 PM
Thankfully I've never had to get a ticket off a tout, so mine have all been
face value.

I did get a ticket for the Yugoslavia game (Kennedys cracking goal) for free
through a mates boss!

pete
29/06/2005, 2:49 PM
€32 for bucket seat.

Never paid for stand ticket.

elroy
29/06/2005, 2:57 PM
Thankfully I've never had to get a ticket off a tout, so mine have all been
face value.

I did get a ticket for the Yugoslavia game (Kennedys cracking goal) for free
through a mates boss!

That still remains the best ever home game I was at. (wasnt at the dutch game) What a finish by Kennedy, little did we know then the heartbreak that was to follow.

Have never had to pay over the odds for a ticket, however I have a feeling that will change for the France and Swiss games this year

Green Army Girl
29/06/2005, 3:04 PM
Is it true the English FA are giving fans tickets for the world cup qualifiers if they go to the away friendlies (if thats how you spell that)

Schlooooomp
29/06/2005, 3:18 PM
Is it true the English FA are giving fans tickets for the world cup qualifiers if they go to the away friendlies (if thats how you spell that)

Don't know about that but they did give away a load of tickets to school children in Azerbaijan because they thought it would be hostile for any fans to travel there. The school children then promptly sold them back to english fans, I had to laugh at that one...

Green Army Girl
29/06/2005, 3:21 PM
Clever kids ..

ccfcgirl
29/06/2005, 7:13 PM
250 and it wasnt even a full house.(Ireland/Spanish game in Korea)

loudy macloud
29/06/2005, 7:18 PM
well i have only managed to get tickets for the last 2 years
and i get them from friends so i pay face value, but the most expensive was the €40 for the faroes away match

tetsujin1979
30/06/2005, 9:19 AM
The Canada game when Andy Reid made his debut, I was in the East Stand Lower just beside the half way line. Think it set me back about €40

aidz1
30/06/2005, 9:33 AM
€50

anyone who pays over face value for a ticket is adding to the problem of additional touting appearing. i cant stand lads saying they'd pay x amount over for a ticket. shouldnt be allowed.
as for "real" fans to tout, that is a disgrace.
for the holland game a match go-er approached me offering a ticket for ir£300!!!!!. told him to feck off......should have done what me mate done though.....
in the last qualifiers, he was asked £200IR for a £20 portugal ticket. fair balls to him though, he threw him 20 quid, grabbed the ticket and walked off. a small scuffle developed, cop was on the scene quick but took the side of me mate and not the tout...

Schlooooomp
30/06/2005, 10:34 AM
Whatever was the face value for Ireland's quarter final appearance in the World Cup 2002, I got most of it back though when we failed to progress... :(

Back to aidz1's comment, I think that there are always going to be touts! I don't hold it against anybody that is willing to pay over the odds unless they are jonny-come-latelys that only want to attend the big games. There are a lot of real fans that can't get tickets through normal channels and have to resort to touts for any hope of seeing a game. The real issue is how do the touts actually manage to get their scum infested mits on the tickets in the first place?

elroy
30/06/2005, 10:58 AM
€50

anyone who pays over face value for a ticket is adding to the problem of additional touting appearing. i cant stand lads saying they'd pay x amount over for a ticket. shouldnt be allowed.
as for "real" fans to tout, that is a disgrace.
for the holland game a match go-er approached me offering a ticket for ir£300!!!!!. told him to feck off......should have done what me mate done though.....
in the last qualifiers, he was asked £200IR for a £20 portugal ticket. fair balls to him though, he threw him 20 quid, grabbed the ticket and walked off. a small scuffle developed, cop was on the scene quick but took the side of me mate and not the tout...

Its easier said than done, especially if its a massive game you dont wanna miss. I hate watching home games on tv when you know that you should be there. Im on the block booking waiting list and our club only get a few tickets so im not guaranted one for every game. Being helped out by lads here a few times(all at face value I may add). Anytime Ive sold on tickets its at face value, what goes around comes around etc. Although for the french game you just know the touts will be out in force and theres gonna be a good lot of us dying for tickets.

Green Army Girl
30/06/2005, 11:17 AM
I understand that it does add to the tout problem but i go to every friendly match and away games (as many as i can) and home games(where i can manage to get tickets). I am on the block booking waiting list and have been for nearly the last 2 years. The atmosphere at friendlies these days are brutual and i would pay over the odds for an important match like the match against France etc because your never get the atmosphere like a match you pay your €20.00 like playing against someone like China, its sad but its true.

Ash
30/06/2005, 11:44 AM
I I hate watching home games on tv when you know that you should be there.

I hate watching games on tv full stop. Cant get into them at all. :(

Crappy and all as some of the friendlies Id rather be there watching the
games against China/Canada et al then watching a bigger game on the box!

Green Army Girl
30/06/2005, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=Ash]I hate watching games on tv full stop. Cant get into them at all. :(

Ahh if i ever get two tickets ill bring you Ash.

Ash
30/06/2005, 12:26 PM
Ahh cheers, your a star :)

Luckily Athlone Town arent exactly a regular fixture on the
telly and even if they were Id be at the game anyway

loudy macloud
30/06/2005, 1:09 PM
with you on that one ash, since i have started going to the matches, i cant watch a game on tv, you know me ash
i was renowned for heading out on a saturday morning and watch any game that came on tv, but then by 9.00 i would be in a heap

it is all about being at the game, even though sometimes you miss a good bit and there is no replay
or you get soaked standing in the north bucket watching china or someone
still would not swap it, sure hell we have been going to town matches for years in worse conditions and we still get excited and nervous at the prospect of watching them on a friday evening :D

aidz1
30/06/2005, 1:32 PM
I understand that it does add to the tout problem but i go to every friendly match and away games (as many as i can) and home games(where i can manage to get tickets). I am on the block booking waiting list and have been for nearly the last 2 years. The atmosphere at friendlies these days are brutual and i would pay over the odds for an important match like the match against France etc because your never get the atmosphere like a match you pay your €20.00 like playing against someone like China, its sad but its true.

see there lies the problem..
ok...it is idealistic, but if all ordinary fans were to stop paying "over the odds" for match tickets, then there wouldnt be the same market out there for touts. and granted, the big game cameo supporters may fill that void for the touts but i still cant understand real supporters paying over the odds. i know i dont (couldnt afford it either)
the amount of money in this celtic tiger economy floating about probably doesnt help the case, everyone one in on the action.

if all else fails, travel up to the game, saviour the atmosphere around and attempt to bunk into the ground.

Colie
07/07/2005, 5:06 PM
€120 for Russia at home. Gave my Nth Bucket ticket away to my uncle who was home from Canada for a couple of weeks & hadn't seen the Boys in Green in years.

supasparx
07/07/2005, 9:53 PM
It's Friday and I'm in a good mood, so here's a story to warm the heart . . . . out of the despair of missing out on the Faroes (a very expensive fiasco I might add) there came a lovely little silver lining.
A man I had never met before, who also happened to be in the same boat as Peadar and myself, stuck at Dublin Airport, promptly offered me one of his tickets for the France match.
I was both surprised and delighted. Face value, needless to say - and he has met me once.
For every scumbag tout out there, there are a hundred decent Ireland fans.
:D

I'll give you E200 for it! :D

Feech
08/07/2005, 4:50 PM
see there lies the problem..

if all else fails, travel up to the game, saviour the atmosphere around and attempt to bunk into the ground.

Yes, just like in Hillsborough....

Kingdom
14/07/2005, 5:23 PM
I paid €400 to a steward in Basle to let us into the ground. Money well spent.
P.s. Basle 03. :(

Colie
18/07/2005, 5:54 PM
I paid €400 to a steward in Basle to let us into the ground. Money well spent.
P.s. Basle 03. :(
Bribed your way in. Class, good effort mate.

Kingdom
19/07/2005, 7:27 AM
Bribed your way in. Class, good effort mate.

Unsure as to whether you're being sarcastic, a=it is 08.24 after all. It's a true story. Had bought two tickets from Euroteam(yes, those shower of backstards) and Jan didn't show up. Was frantically looking for tickets around the ground. This steward came up and said he could get us in for €600 each. Haggled down to €400 for the two. Probably could have done more but game had kicked off. Got to our standing seat right in time for Yakin to score. Terrible result, but a crazy fcuking day/

jimbob117
19/07/2005, 2:19 PM
I work in an unnamed financial institute and manage to get the friendly tickets for nothing,and have so far managed to get to all the home competitive games for face value.(for the last 3 yrs,since i started.) I was obviously very worried this yr though when i heard it would be harder to get tickets for the isreal,french and swiss games. So i got talking to a customer of ours... he gets a few tickets to all the home games and has done for decades now, but doesnt have a big interest anymore.(more of a gaa man:)) So he's told me i can take 2 of his tickets for all the home games in future(which started at the isreal game) and he's bringing the french ones into me next week. Whats more he wont even take any money from me!! What a gem eh!

Don Vito
27/07/2005, 7:58 AM
I work in an unnamed financial institute and manage to get the friendly tickets for nothing,and have so far managed to get to all the home competitive games for face value.(for the last 3 yrs,since i started.) I was obviously very worried this yr though when i heard it would be harder to get tickets for the isreal,french and swiss games. So i got talking to a customer of ours... he gets a few tickets to all the home games and has done for decades now, but doesnt have a big interest anymore.(more of a gaa man:)) So he's told me i can take 2 of his tickets for all the home games in future(which started at the isreal game) and he's bringing the french ones into me next week. Whats more he wont even take any money from me!! What a gem eh!

Let me guess Jimbob-AIB.

Tony Montana
03/08/2005, 4:22 PM
Ill have a guess at AIB as well.... :p

Junior
04/08/2005, 1:43 PM
Well Jimbo you won't ever want to leave that job!!!!!

For me the most expensive ticket was V Spain (S Korea) £165 stg (235euros) Face Value!!!!! These were the second grade tickets, couldn't get the cheap ones behind the goal!!!!

Imagine if we had won and got South Korea in the next round, those tickets would have been like rocking horse s**t!!!

Got 2 off ebay for the Swiss game in 03 for way over the odds (think it was around £150 stg each) but we got 8 tickets in total from various sources and we averaged out the price between us, so it wasn't that bad.

Got ripped off by a local scroat in Bucharest back in '97. Didn't have tickets and was chatting to this guy in a bar who said he'd get them for us. The locals were paying about 20 pence per ticket, the ireland fans paid something silly like £3 per ticket and this 'tout' mugged us for a £5 a piece :D :D :D