PDA

View Full Version : All Blacks 48 Lions 18

Clifford
29/06/2005, 10:30 AM
Happy with that? Delighted for DOC.

Donncha O'Callaghan in one of seven changes that Clive Woodward has made to the Lions side for the second Test in Wellington on Saturday.
O'Connell will partner his Munster colleague Paul O'Connell in a pack whose changes include Steve Thompson for Shane Byrne and an entire new rack-row of Simon Easterby, Lewis Moody and Ryan Jones.

In the back-line, Gareth Thomas and Gavin Henson form the midfield partnership with Jonny Wilkinson Wilkinson at out-half.

British & Irish Lions: Josh Lewsey; Jason Robinson, Gareth Thomas (captain,), Gavin Henson, Shane Williams; Jonny Wilkinson, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Steve Thompson, Julian White; Paul O'Connell, Donncha O'Callaghan; Simon Easterby, Lewis Moody, Ryan Jones.

Replacements: Shane Byrne, Graham Rowntree, Martin Corry, Martyn Williams, Matt Dawson, Stephen Jones, Shane Horgan.

swinfordfc
29/06/2005, 10:51 AM
Its better team apart from williams and robinson should not be playing robinson has a very poor season no form yet he make the lions team - how come and williams no disrespect to him but he too small out here he wont get a chance - actually he might pick up a serious injury in this match :eek:

Macy
29/06/2005, 10:53 AM
Harsh enough on Byrne, as it was the last minute changes of calls that really caused the problem. I suppose at least he still made the bench.

joeSoap
29/06/2005, 11:22 AM
Its a much better side, far more balanced, and the inclusion of Easterby, Jones and Moody give the Lions three better lineout options at the back ahead of Hill, Back and Corry in the last test.That should make the terrible thrower Thompsons job a little easier, and he is far more effective around the park than The Mullett. Jonny should be more at home at out half, and Thomas and Pretty Boy should go well in the centre as they've played together quite a lot.

We'll probably get beat, but at least not by 18 points again........... :eek:

pete
29/06/2005, 11:40 AM
Still don't understand how Robinson getting in the team. Didn't exactly set the ground alight against poor opposition yesterday.

Very surprised to see so many changes. If include positional changes the only players to stay are Peel, Jenkins, White, O'Connell.

Clifford
29/06/2005, 3:50 PM
Still don't understand how Robinson getting in the team. Didn't exactly set the ground alight against poor opposition yesterday.

Very surprised to see so many changes. If include positional changes the only players to stay are Peel, Jenkins, White, O'Connell.

Can't believe Jones getting shafted for an unfit jonny, as you say the Robinson one is a baffler also.

Happy enough that SCW "backtracked" and as good as admitted last week was spoiled by his folly. HOpe it's not too late to salvage some pride.

pete
29/06/2005, 3:54 PM
I'll wish the irish lads particularily the Munster lads well but kinda hope New Zealand win especially if play like did last week.

drinkfeckarse
29/06/2005, 4:38 PM
Glad to Woodward eat humble pie and admit he got it wrong for the 1st test. I'm happy enough with the team because at least he's put the form players in. Robinson is a surprise but I suppose we can't have everything!

Superhoops
29/06/2005, 7:03 PM
Still don't understand how Robinson getting in the team
Reckon he must have something on Woodward! 3 or 4 wingers on better form who should be in team ahead of him.

13/2 Blacks to win 6-10 points is the value bet IMHO.

pete
01/07/2005, 12:05 AM

Handicap at Lions +14.5 looks good.

Superhoops
01/07/2005, 7:32 AM
Handicap at Lions +14.5 looks good.
At odds of 10/11 for a +15 handicap, it is probably a 'comfort zone ' bet, but I dont believe it is value.

Conor H
01/07/2005, 12:07 PM
Hopefully they can get a win it would be nice to gain revenge for such a shocking tackle on O Driscoll.

finn
01/07/2005, 12:46 PM
Reckon he must have something on Woodward! 3 or 4 wingers on better form who should be in team ahead of him.

Robinson is in because Smith is injured.

Apparently had Smith been fit to play Centre, he would have done, and Thomas would have played on the wing.

I still would play cueto but there is no point having 2 attacking wingers and little defense - at least robinson will put in a couple of touch tackles.

Pete

Clifford
01/07/2005, 5:04 PM
Well - the time is nigh, come all yee heros and lions to the fore and whip the a** of the All Black thugs.

This time tomorrow they will all be legends or failures.......tick tock tick tock..

jorge
01/07/2005, 11:30 PM
Delighted for O'Callaghan,i hope the Irish lads play to their potential then i think the Lions should win.

Clifford
02/07/2005, 10:33 AM
Walloped by a team so superior it stopped being a contest after 46 mins. No answers left and three nil overall series win is a cert. Shame.

swinfordfc
02/07/2005, 11:28 AM
Woodward is a joke worst than gramham henry was four years earlier lions little better than first test and still got hammered!!!! :mad:

pete
02/07/2005, 12:04 PM
Awesome display by the All Blacks. Considering thew Lions were 10-0 up at one stage means All Blacks won the rest of the 48-8!

Some of the running & offloading in the tackle was staggering. All Blacks almost had no dropped ball.

As i said before Lions would have lost by same score last week but were saved by the rain.

No doubt Lions have good players but when they haven't played together in same positions are on hiding to nothing. Woodward will get slatted in the press. All Blacks will thrash them by same score next week.

jorge
02/07/2005, 1:26 PM
The All Blacks were outstanding but they're very smart,they got away with alot of foul play,no other country does this fair play to them.

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2005, 3:09 PM
Seeing as the so-called British and Irish Lions have lost yet another series, the time has come for a radical review of the process. It should either be scrapped as an anachronism or else overhauled along the lines the Ryder Cup golf was some years ago.

The fact remains is that the Lions forwards were outmuscled upfront and the backs were manhandled assaulted and overpowered sometimes even within the laws of the game by the All Blacks.

I think the time has come for a Lions of Europe to be sent on these tours replete with French , Italian, Romanian and Spaniard players ( when the latter two countries produce sufficiently talented players of course.
The Italians have some big strong forwards as do the French who also have backs that are the pick of the Northern Hemisphere. And if the New Zealanders want to goon in the manner of Ice Hockey teams in the North American NHL then the Italian and French forwards I am sure can equally goon on behalf of Europe.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying