PDA

View Full Version : RESIGN! - FAI BUFFOONS; Call for Protests this weekend

RamblersWeb
20/03/2002, 2:01 PM
The situation regarding the governing of the eircom league has progressed far beyond a joke this season.All those associated with the administration of the league should hang their heads in shame. For years we have tolerated inadequacy, incapacity, cronyism, etc at the top, NO MORE!

I am calling for all concerned to resign before the FAI AGM. If this does not happen, I would call for Cobh Ramblers and all other league clubs to threaten to resign from the league. We must act before soccer in Ireland is damaged beyond repair.

If this doesn't work perhaps something even more drastic like lobbying eircom to threaten to withdraw their eL sponsorship should be considered as a tool to force change.

Right now there is hope... we have what are effectively the rights to 3 european football franchises, including 1 to the Champions League. This is a strong point in our league, and should be sold as a reason for investing in the eL. For a 22 club league compared to 92 in England... we have a good deal here. Europe is where the money is.... bloody well SELL IT TO INVESTERS! This is the sort of initiative the FAI should be showing. Look at what we are getting instead???

I'd be interested in hearing othe eL and Ramblers fans views.... I know we are not directly involved, but it does effect the Ramblers. The docking of 3 points from Waterford United was a disgraceful decision, particularly in light of
1. The earlier treatment of St Pats
2. The granting of permission by the FAI to play Noel Hunt

Please post any views in the Forum...Further, I would call for all fans to demonstrate their views on the matter at this weekends games. I have turned over the front page of the 'Ramblers Web' website to demonstrate how seriously we, the fans, perceive this to be.

RAMBLERS WEB SAYS RESIGN!
http://www.isfa.com/server/web/cobh/index.html

Éanna
20/03/2002, 2:15 PM
agreed. they've cöcked up once too often

Pablo
20/03/2002, 2:18 PM
The League is a joke at this stage...they should break away and form their own league á lá The premiership.......completely separate from the FAI.....

Éanna
20/03/2002, 3:09 PM
yeah, people have suggested that before pablo and I think it's the only solution now. The fai's motto is "we care about irish football" , they left out the "as long as it's played abroad or in landsdowne road" bit. THEY ARE FOOLS!
better off without them.

HYLAND DOONEY AND ALL THE GREEN BLAZERS OUT NOW!

Schumi
20/03/2002, 4:07 PM
Would we still have European places for the league if it split from the FAI? UEFA said that they'd only accept teams from recognised associations into Euro competitions.

dahamsta
20/03/2002, 5:55 PM
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=91456&messageid=1016635027

adam

Jaime
20/03/2002, 6:30 PM
Call me a sad *******, but Dooney resigning wont change much. i dont think he should be sacked as
1) He has plans to re-draw the rule book, will his possible successor be as pro-active?
2) Its my bet that if Dooney goes, so will the post. That is to say they will look upon the commissioner job as being useless, when in reality he has liaised well with clubs and fans, he just needs a bit more spine...
The job is an important one to everybody involved with the league, and if Dooney goes, it could be the end of the job altogether. This would make the whole situation worse.

A face
21/03/2002, 12:47 AM
with Jaime

If he is drawing up a new rule book, then leave him in the position, he of all people knows what must be done. and if he is gotten rid of then it will be another case of get rid before we see the full potential first.

Éanna
21/03/2002, 12:45 PM
yeah you have a point Jaime. But this has to be his last c0ck-up. I don't blame him personally, Hyland and the others who've been festering in merrion square for years are the really guilty ones here.

pete
21/03/2002, 1:31 PM
Dooney has publically said month ago he was writting up a much simplified version of the rule book & would present before the clubs for them to vote on before the new season.

from what i;ve heard the existing rule book is too scarey to show to u-12's ;)

Éanna
21/03/2002, 1:49 PM
I know he's been doing that, but he should still have implemented the old rules until the new ones came into effect.

Jaime
22/03/2002, 9:21 AM
Yeah, its obviously true that he should have implemented the old rules before drawing up the new ones (or at the very least not have participated in a cover up!), but if he goes he wil lbe taking the flak for Hyland as well, which none of us want to see happen...

pete
22/03/2002, 9:53 AM
I think if Dooney resigned now he would be taking the cowards way out.

If he does think of resigning it shouldn't be until the end of the season.

Éanna
22/03/2002, 1:19 PM
It's not Dooney I'm most concerned about- it's Hyland and the rest of those bloody con-men up there, sitting on their Italia 90 tickets and filling their back pockets every chance they get.

RamblersWeb
22/03/2002, 4:32 PM
It's not Dooney I'm most concerned about- it's Hyland and the rest of those bloody con-men up there, sitting on their Italia 90 tickets and filling their back pockets every chance they get.

Hear, hear.

Glen