PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

pineapple stu
28/06/2005, 12:52 PM
Anyone use/know anything about this? Was checking their website and it seems to be free - I presume they take a percentage commission though or something? Does it pay straight into a bank account then? Setting up a UCD Supporters' Club website and want to have the option of selling scarves, keyrings, fanzines, etc. through the site - is this a good option?

Any advice appreciated!

Peadar
28/06/2005, 12:58 PM
Anyone use/know anything about this?

I only use it for buying stuff and setup an account in a few minutes.
It was developed by the guys on ebay to facilitate online auction sales, as far as I know.
I've never had a problem with it and neither has my bank.
Millions of people use it so you'd have heard if it was dodgy.
Good luck with the merchandising.

Eire06
28/06/2005, 1:07 PM
I use it a good bit for internet shopping very easy to use and very safe as far as I can see..
I haven't recieved in money from it just paying other people for things..

E-Bay use it a lot so it must be good

Macy
28/06/2005, 1:11 PM
Apparently 4% charge on transactions. Well FC United were asking that people paying up on their pledges kept it in mind anyway.

Drumcondra Red
28/06/2005, 1:41 PM
There are anti-paypal sites out there, but I've never had a problem with it! Again only paying, not recieving!

Gareth
28/06/2005, 1:45 PM
Good luck with the shop.....

atfconline
28/06/2005, 1:47 PM
I use it on athlonetownfc.com, never had any problems with it. You set it up with your bank account. Whenever you receive a payment it goes to your Paypal account first. To transfer it to your bank account is easy - they charge €1 if it is less than €100, transfer is free if it's over €100. Sending money is free, to receive it you pay 3.4% plus 30 cent or something like that - so if it's a big payment they make their money on the 3.4%, if it's a small payment, they make it on the 30 cent.

hamish
28/06/2005, 4:29 PM
Use it too but some record sellars won't touch it - they prefer bidpay. Great for e Bay allright.
Just reminded me Ray - must get some of those Town polo shirts I saw in the club shop - the one's I have are from Billy Bretts days.

pineapple stu
28/06/2005, 5:55 PM
Cheers for that! Good to see it works for what I would imagine are small-volume websites too (Athlone one). Setting up the site at the moment - if you like STIG, you'll love this! - and will post the link up when the site's operational.

Gareth
29/06/2005, 11:14 AM
What is STIG. As a fellow webby, I bid you good luck :)

Peadar
29/06/2005, 11:23 AM
What is STIG.

Student Til I Graduate?

pineapple stu
29/06/2005, 12:34 PM
Yep!

More issues than any Irish fanzine ever. :) (Damn Shels for not making us the longest-running ever... :mad: :p )