PDA

View Full Version : New signings

JohnD
28/06/2005, 11:03 AM
Hi there:

With Waaaaterforrd in financial trouble I think it it will only be a matter of days before Paddy Purcell is back with us :) . hint hint !!. Always said he is a great player :p

Also heard today the Eoin Keating is back with us.

So 2 Good players who will help to shore up the centre of defence and add steel to midfield respectively. This shows ambition in de club and means we can push on now. The league is there for the taking. Some of our performances ahve being good, but some very poor and we are still in contention. This says a lot about the quality of the Leagues.If we could get a run going there will be no stopping us.

All the best

JohnD

dutchie
28/06/2005, 12:28 PM
The only players we can attract in the transfer window would be waterford or cork and maybe galway.Purcell would be a great signing,it is sad to see waterford in trouble but every cloud has a silver lining so here,s hoping for good news on the 1st of july and after.It is also great to see Eoin Keating back,badly need a bit of steel in midfield. :)

Éanna
28/06/2005, 12:32 PM
The Sun has a quote from NOC saying Keats is back. Apparently he fractured his collar bone, which means he can't play GAAAAA, but he can play football. Back training with ye already according to the report

Nempton
28/06/2005, 1:10 PM
Its good to have Keats back, hopefully his injury jinx will be over. How long did he last with us last season? Two or three games :confused:
It was in the Star today about how Waterford will be selling their players in the tranfer window. There was about seven names including Frost and Mulcahy, both of which to be honset will stay at the club. But the names that interested me were Purcell, Heffernan and Yelverton. With Purcell he could go to another premier team so until I see him in a Limerick FC jersey I'll remain sceptical. As for the other two players if we were to sign them it would be a great coup for the club.
I think its important to try and sign players especially as Sligo are looking to bring in new faces. We need to strengthen the squad with quality.

LFC in Exile
28/06/2005, 2:18 PM
But the names that interested me were Purcell, Heffernan and Yelverton.

Two of those three, with Eoin Keating, would be great additions. It is just what we need really. They would be fine signings in positions where something is needed. If we got Yelverton, Heffernan, Keating and Sweeney for July they should just give us the trophy then. :)

gael353
28/06/2005, 2:30 PM
Two of those three, with Eoin Keating, would be great additions. It is just what we need really. They would be fine signings in positions where something is needed. If we got Yelverton, Heffernan, Keating and Sweeney for July they should just give us the trophy then. :)

It would be great to get even some of those players. Lets hope none from Cork City come our way :cool: We have a good under 21 striker too who can be added in time. First lets start with our prob areas a right sided central defender (Purcell) and another mid fielder (Sweeney) id be happy with that.

LFC in Exile
28/06/2005, 2:46 PM
It would be great to get even some of those players. Lets hope none from Cork City come our way :cool: We have a good under 21 striker too who can be added in time. First lets start with our prob areas a right sided central defender (Purcell) and another mid fielder (Sweeney) id be happy with that.

Getting Eoin now is like signing a new midfielder. The only thing is that if and when Eoin starts it means Carthy goes back to the bench. :rolleyes:

4tothefloor
28/06/2005, 7:01 PM
They should go for Heffernan and Purcell, no doubt about that. Sweeney would be a great addition as well. Keating was always coming back to us, it just depended on how far the bogballers got in the championship. Beaten by Kerry, they'll do well to beat Carlow and that'll be their lot i'd say, so no surprise to see Keating back really.

dutchie
29/06/2005, 9:03 AM
Looks like purcell is a definate,heffernan is a amaybe,yellverton looks on his way back to cobh,so far so good. :o

LFC in Exile
29/06/2005, 9:26 AM
I'd hate the Blaa's to think we are vultures circling. I really feel for Waterford fans - if anyone can relate to their situation we can. I was away when teh game was played but I read that Waterford didn't have any players on the bench for the Harps game. Is that right? Its terrible that the club has got into the situation it is in - the outlook was so bright just last season.

If the former Limerick players want out that is understandable I suppose - but I remember we were pis sed off when clubs starting sniffing around our players when we were in trouble - I guess its the nature of the business - but it would be better if they were coming without a crisis in Waterford. I'd like to see a strong Waterford United.

Rory H
29/06/2005, 10:47 AM
ah crap...purcell and heffernan!....well we will strenghten too....

heff will be good signing though...class player....thats why he left ye to join us

LFC in Exile
29/06/2005, 11:34 AM
heff will be good signing though...class player....thats why he left ye to join us

Yeah, and I suppose that applies to Foley too. :) :D

sadloserkid
30/06/2005, 9:03 AM
To add to this signings lark and speculation let's give a run down on the current rumours and speculation that we have to ponder.

Pat Purcell (Waterford to Limerick) Hurrah, take that JohnD! ;)

Colm Heffernan (Waterford to Limerick) Oh please, please, please let this be true and we can put Jamie Nolan out of his misery (or at least give him half a chance up front!) However I'm sure that Nolan will retain his place and we'll see at least one of Donnellan, Young and Cosgrove pushed towards the exit instead...

Steve Yelverton (Waterford to Cobh/Limerick) Come on Stevie, follow the yellow brick road right up to Hogan Park... you know it makes sense!

Jimmy Fyffe (unattached to Waterford) Good move for both player and club if it does come off. Not of direct interest here I suppose but whatever...

Frank Browne & Keith Hartnett (Limerick to unattached) Disappointing that Keith in particular never got a run but I suppose if some are coming in some will have to go.

Wes Charles (Bray Wanderers to some Russian Premier League team) Of no interest to anybody here but myself possibly. :)

JohnD
30/06/2005, 9:38 AM
"Pat Purcell (Waterford to Limerick) Hurrah, take that JohnD! "

I know I know I am taking it like a man :) . Listen if we are get up it's obvious to me that this is the time to do it. In fairness to Paddy, The year we got to the playoffs, he made a huge contribution with Paul at the back.

Lets go for it, The club need to step up now, keep up with Sligo. It is ours if we want it and and if we pick the best starting 11. :confused:

Agree , though, it would be a shame to see some of the other lads go.

JohnD

4tothefloor
30/06/2005, 10:24 PM
Will John D prove how fickle football fans are by chanting 'Uh uh uh uh Paddy Purcell, uh uh uh uh Paddy Purcell' in the coming weeks? I think that is the million dollar question really :D

gael353
30/06/2005, 10:31 PM
Ok so we have Keating but other then that ive heard nothing from officail Limerick sources so untill i see Paddy or Heff or any mentioned player in a Limerick Kit im assuming nothing.

JohnD
01/07/2005, 8:45 AM
Fickle is my Middle name. I change opinions like the weather !!!
Keeps everyone on their toes :)

Seriously though Not sure about the signing yet

JohnD (An oldie not a newbie)

sadloserkid
01/07/2005, 12:18 PM
Ok so we have Keating but other then that ive heard nothing from officail Limerick sources so untill i see Paddy or Heff or any mentioned player in a Limerick Kit im assuming nothing.

To be honest given the lies that even the 'good' members of the administration have told us all I wouldn't put too much in the fact that they're keeping schtum. Whatever about Colm Heffernan, Limerick are tyring to sign Pat Purcell regardless of what their official line may be. And if not, the obvious question would be why not?

dutchie
02/07/2005, 3:58 PM
Whoever ye are we need ye fast;;; :ball:

fc hammer
03/07/2005, 1:18 PM
CP and Nolan have to go its as simple that!new signings have to be brought in before the season starts to fall apart.I think we'v been lucky so far but at this stage of the season with other teams getting stronger we'll be shown up for the lack of experance that there is in the team the team selection and timing of changes if a player (CP,Nolan) is not playing well!!up to now we'v gotten away with it but you cant ride your luck all the time,i know there's a plan for the next cupple of years but if the club is so neer the top why not spend some money while we can and bring in some experiance before its to late.if results go bad its only a matter of time before attendances will as well,i think its starting to happen already with a cupple of p***ks booing the team on Friday night!!