PDA

View Full Version : Wide astro boots

dahamsta
11/05/2021, 10:00 AM
Can anyone recommend good low-top astro boots for wide feet? I bought a pair of Nike Phantom Venom last year but started walking daily in January and I think my feet have flattened out or something, they were pretty tight before but now they're painful to wear.

Not really a player, more an assistant coach for my mini team, so I need to keep the budget low, under €100 and ideally closer to €50 or €60.

Yes, this is dahamsta asking about football boots. No, I'm not ill.

dahamsta
13/05/2021, 1:44 AM
C'mon, help a fat b'stard out!

jbyrne
13/05/2021, 6:55 AM
Can anyone recommend good low-top astro boots for wide feet? I bought a pair of Nike Phantom Venom last year but started walking daily in January and I think my feet have flattened out or something, they were pretty tight before but now they're painful to wear.

Not really a player, more an assistant coach for my mini team, so I need to keep the budget low, under €100 and ideally closer to €50 or €60.

Yes, this is dahamsta asking about football boots. No, I'm not ill.

i always have to go up a half size in astro boots if that's any help.

Eminence Grise
13/05/2021, 7:57 AM
Can't help you with boots, but if your feet are giving you gip have you thought about orthotics? I wear customised ones (got from a physio) all the time and often have to buy shoes a half size larger or with a removable insole.

nigel-harps1954
13/05/2021, 8:34 AM
I'd stay away from Nike to be honest. They aren't good boots for the broad feet. I generally go for whatever cheap Umbro boots I can get my hands on. I find them to be the best brand for broad feet. Like both have suggested too, I normally go up a size in boots as well to allow for a thicker sock.

CraftyToePoke
13/05/2021, 10:31 AM
I wear Adidas Mundial, wide feet & they work for me.
Your arches may have fallen from all the stepping and could lead to more discomfort & pain, it happened to me, ended up hobbling. Get it looked at or get arch support insoles from a shoe shop or outdoor pursuits shop, they really helped me.