PDA

View Full Version : Rovers close in on striker

sligoman
25/06/2005, 11:55 PM
Sligo Rovers manager Sean Connor has admitted that as soon as the transfer window opens on July 1st, he will be adding to his squad with Limavady United striker Paul Brown on his way to the Showgrounds.

Connor is confident that a deal can be done with the Irish League side, even though he has not been given permission to talk to the player. Rovers have already made a bid for Brown, but have yet to receive a reply from United.

"I am anxious to add a few fresh faces to my panel and Paul Brown is certainly in my sights," said Connor. "I believe the offer now on the table is a realistic one.

"Paul Brown no longer wants to stay at the club and I further believe that if he does speak to me I can convince him that Sligo Rovers is the place for him."

The Rovers’ manager is keen to strengthen the squad as they continue their push for promotion.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/sligorovers/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17885

sligoman
25/06/2005, 11:57 PM
Former Hearts and Northern Ireland Under-21 international Conal Murtagh has been told that he won’t be able to make his debut for the club until next month.

Murtagh has been registered as a Sligo Rovers player for some time now, but as he signed for the club when the transfer window was closed, he must wait until July 1st before lining out for the Bit O’Red.

Rovers’ manager Sean Connor revealed that Murtagh could play, but the club have been advised not to use the player until the transfer window opens next Friday.

"Technically, the F.A.I could let him play, but we have been told we have to wait until the transfer window opens before that happens," said Connor.

"Conal is another good player. I have seen him in action, but at the moment, I am the only person in Sligo who knows what he is capable of. He will just have to wait a little while longer, but could be involved in the next away match against Monaghan United."

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/sligorovers/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17886

Redzer
27/06/2005, 9:44 AM
It makes sense to wait until July before we play Murtagh, we cant risk a points deduction. But you would imagine that the FAI should know their own rules. Its simple, we either can or cant play him. How can there be a grey area? :mad:
Of coarse, silly me. It is the FAI we are talking about :rolleyes:

gustavo
27/06/2005, 9:49 AM
only a few days to go anyway so its not that important but still its smacks of amateurism. where will murtagh fit in ? he sounds very similar to ogrady