PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Grant set for City?

jorge
25/06/2005, 10:33 PM
Just wondering what youse Cork lads think?Is he good enough?

Cityfeen
25/06/2005, 11:15 PM
Maybe but not a player ill be gettin too excited about to be honest

RedX
26/06/2005, 12:22 AM
Cityfeen..from your reply i dont even think you know who the guy is so why reply?...

jorge..on your question i and many other City fans think Stephen Grant would be a fabulous signing..anytime i have seen the guy over the last few years he has looked very good..he was mostly playing maybe left sided midfield when i seen him but i think Rico might want him as a striker..have you seen him play up front??..anyway he is due to give Rico an answer this week so fingers crossed he will sign on..how did the Rovers fans rate the guy??

Cityfeen
26/06/2005, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=RedX]Cityfeen..from your reply i dont even think you know who the guy is so why reply?...
QUOTE]
What part of my reply made u think that? :confused: I said i wouldnt be excited at him coming to city.And i replied cos that is my opinion on him! :rolleyes:

RedX
26/06/2005, 12:33 AM
I will tell you what part made me think that....the part when you said that you would not be excited that one of the best winger/strikers in the league would be joining us.. :eek:

What do you expect seriously?

Cityfeen
26/06/2005, 12:44 AM
Well first of all I expect someone that can fill doyles boots.Secondly Grant isnt as good as Flynny,Kearney,O'Donovan or Fenn so whether city wanna use him on the wings or up front he wont be 1st choice.And finally how can u say he's one of the best strikers/wingers in the league when he hasnt played this season?

RedX
26/06/2005, 12:49 AM
Well first of all I expect someone that can fill doyles boots.Secondly Grant isnt as good as Flynny,Kearney,O'Donovan or Fenn so whether city wanna use him on the wings or up front he wont be 1st choice.And finally how can u say he's one of the best strikers/wingers in the league when he hasnt played this season?

If he signs give the guy a chance..if you think all the other lads are so great why do you think Rico feels the need to sign someone..maybe to score?.. :rolleyes:

He took a break from football at the end of last season..he is still classed as an eircom league player by me and i am sure he is still registered here..so therefore he is one of the best winger/strikers in the league.. ;)

Cityfeen
26/06/2005, 12:59 AM
If he signs of course i'll give him a chance or two.But city have been scoring fine btw we had the most goals in the league before last nite.

RedX
26/06/2005, 1:08 AM
If he signs of course i'll give him a chance or two.But city have been scoring fine btw we had the most goals in the league before last nite.

But remember Kevin Doyle has scored some of those and he is no longer here..remember its Rico signing him and not me.. :D

Anyway i am going to come back and slag you when he signs and scores 15 goals between now and end of season.. ;)

Cityfeen
26/06/2005, 2:58 PM
Anyway i am going to come back and slag you when he signs and scores 15 goals between now and end of season.. ;)
Well i hope so :cool: