PDA

View Full Version : UCD 1 Cork City 5

Pages : [1] 2

kevincronin2000
25/06/2005, 10:06 PM
I know its not the most attractive away fixture in the leauge but this game is the most important game of the season to date. Come on lets out number the home support, it should not be that difficult.

Where is the away section in belfield, It would be good if we were located in the "covered stand" as i felt we were a bit lost up in bray out in the open

RedX
26/06/2005, 12:35 AM
I know its not the most attractive away fixture in the leauge but this game is the most important game of the season to date. Come on lets out number the home support, it should not be that difficult.

Where is the away section in belfield, It would be good if we were located in the "covered stand" as i felt we were a bit lost up in bray out in the open

I thought the away section in Belfield was the whole ground..do they have fans up there?... ;)

kevincronin2000
26/06/2005, 9:08 AM
I thought the away section in Belfield was the whole ground..do they have fans up there?... ;)

thats the job can everyone go to the stand so we can generate more noise,

pete
26/06/2005, 10:51 AM
City fans always go in to the stand but are usually spread around one half of it.

Any type of win in Belfield would be good as were have a history of struggling to score there.

UCD are on good run of form recently too.

kevincronin2000
26/06/2005, 11:11 AM
john o'flynn will have nightmares about going back there, the last time he left belfield was in an ambulance.

pineapple stu
26/06/2005, 1:56 PM
Where is the away section in belfield
:p

Don't we have to reserve 5% of the ground for you? That's 45 seats so!

Away fans usually go down the far end of the stand.

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 4:57 PM
john o'flynn will have nightmares about going back there, the last time he left belfield was in an ambulance.

A reprise can always be arranged if he wants :D

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 4:58 PM

Let's see now 2004 F.A.I. Cup tie it was in let me see now Belfield... did ye manage to outnumber us? In a word NO. In fact it was one of the poorest attendances at Belfield against a Premier Division team last season :p

RedX
26/06/2005, 5:00 PM
Its a pity we did not beat Longford Friday night as then a draw would not have been the worst result in Belfield..so now we should really be trying hard to get 3 points..UCD are playing well lately and it will be very tough as always up there...

RedX
26/06/2005, 5:05 PM
Let's see now 2004 F.A.I. Cup tie it was in let me see now Belfield... did ye manage to outnumber us? In a word NO. In fact it was one of the poorest attendances at Belfield against a Premier Division team last season :p

Maybe that is because playing UCD in Dublin is not the most attractive fixture on City fans minds considering the amount of times we have to travel to Dublin..I think UCD have a decent team and always play good football but if the league was full of teams like them nobody would bother supporting Irish football.. ;)

ccfcgirl
26/06/2005, 5:20 PM
I was at that game Very dead game .
I think next Friday night wont have the same travelling support as usual .(EUROPEAN GAME ON THERE MINDS)

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 5:28 PM
I was at that game Very dead game .
I think next Friday night wont have the same travelling support as usual .(EUROPEAN AME ON THERE MINDS)

Ah yes but will YOU be there CCFCgirl? :D

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 5:30 PM

Sure don't we outnumber the travelling Longford support to the Cross 2:1 ? :D

ccfcgirl
26/06/2005, 5:35 PM
[QUOTE=CollegeTillIDie]Ah yes but will YOU be there CCFCgirl? :D[/QUOTE
Im in two minds about this game .

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 5:39 PM
[QUOTE=CollegeTillIDie]Ah yes but will YOU be there CCFCgirl? :D[/QUOTE
Im in two minds about this game .

Ah go on ccfcgirl... sure Rico's Rebel Army won't be half as effective without you ;)

kevincronin2000
26/06/2005, 5:39 PM

ya it was in between our european ties we brought 508 to nantes, i'm sure belfield didnt seem as attractive. Still i am sure we will have a bigger support than this time last year. :rolleyes:

kevincronin2000
26/06/2005, 5:40 PM
how many premier division teams did ye play last year?

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 5:41 PM
ya it was in between our european ties we brought 508 to nantes, i'm sure belfield didnt seem as attractive. Still i am sure we will have a bigger support than this time last year. :rolleyes:

So what you are saying is that there is no excuse for our ground not being stuffed with highly vocal Langers then ? :D

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 5:43 PM
how many premier division teams did ye play last year?

Shamrock Rovers in the League Cup
Cork City and Drogheda United in the F.A.I. Cup as far as I can recall.

kevincronin2000
26/06/2005, 5:44 PM
So what you are saying is that there is no excuse for our ground not being stuffed with highly vocal Langers then ? :D

what i'm saying if someone has two days off work in a week I think they would prefer to spend them in Nantes rather than belfield, doing both is not possible for the working class, but it may be different for students who get the whole fcukin summer off.

patsh
26/06/2005, 6:39 PM
This is going to be a hell of a tough game for us.
I would be happy enough with a draw......

kevincronin2000
26/06/2005, 6:57 PM
under normal cirumstances i would have to agree with you patsh, but after having dropped two points last week and if really are to be serious contenders for the leauge i think 3 points is a must, saying all that i have bad feelings about this maybe because its ucd. Lets hope rico can change our fortunes and lay the bogie to rest.

CollegeTillIDie
26/06/2005, 7:37 PM
what i'm saying if someone has two days off work in a week I think they would prefer to spend them in Nantes rather than belfield, doing both is not possible for the working class, but it may be different for students who get the whole fcukin summer off.
I graduated more than 20 years ago so I don't have the whole farqing summer off ! But I take your point about Nantes being more exotic than D4.

Rebal Boy
26/06/2005, 7:49 PM

Na Patsh. This is a MUST win game for City. City droped 2 vital points on Friday. :mad: IMO we just have to win this game. Its going to be very tough, but I think City will just sneak it 2-1.

Éanna
27/06/2005, 11:06 AM
wouldn't be surprised if this was a draw, but I think we'll sneak it by a goal- 1-0 or 2-1

wws
27/06/2005, 11:07 AM

is that the limit of your ambition????!?!? a draw!???? ;)

patsh
27/06/2005, 11:20 AM
is that the limit of your ambition????!?!? a draw!???? ;)
What are you "twáting" on about?
What kind of "dribbling" is this?

:D

wws
27/06/2005, 11:32 AM
.....you'd probably take a nil nil as well......

Peadar
27/06/2005, 11:36 AM
.....you'd probably take a nil nil as well......

Better than losing 0-2 at home to Drogheda! :rolleyes:

We should beat UCD.
0-2

wws
27/06/2005, 11:39 AM
it was the anti Inchicore conspiracy - what do you expect with a Dublin ref??? just for once will the fai get off their holes and appoint an inchicore ref for pats fixtures????

no that would be to much like fuppin common sense

everyones against us - oh and drogheda deliberately played for a 2-0 win - what chance have we if teams come to richmond and set their stall out like that????

we can hardly be to blame in the circumstances!

patsh
27/06/2005, 11:48 AM
it was the anti Inchicore conspiracy - what do you expect with a Dublin ref??? just for once will the fai get off their holes and appoint an inchicore ref for pats fixtures????

everyones against us - oh and drogheda deliberately played for a 2-0 win - what chance have we if teams come to richmond and set their stall out like that????

Nah, you lot are just utter sh*te.....:D

Éanna
27/06/2005, 11:48 AM

:D :D Is Dolan back with ye or something?

ccfcgirl
01/07/2005, 8:07 PM
3-1to City so far (Kearney and Flynn2 )

patsh
01/07/2005, 8:26 PM
City 5 - 1 UCd

Flynnie is back - HAT TRICK!

ccfcgirl
01/07/2005, 8:29 PM
5-1 City on top of the league .Ifeel on top of the world. :D :) :D

patsh
01/07/2005, 9:03 PM
$h€l$ players, especially Heery, losing it again on the pitch after the Derry game.

Heery, WHO's inside your head?....:D :D

daveh
01/07/2005, 9:05 PM
i can barely remember the last time we scored 5,and shels losing aswell,and georgies new contract!!!!!

What a day!!

Anto McC
01/07/2005, 10:06 PM
Fair play lads,good result tonight.without admitting defeat,I have to say it looks like the title is yours for the taking,Derry aren't good enough.

jorge
01/07/2005, 10:39 PM
Well if Derry arent good enough...anyway well done lads.You's deserve it but keep it going.

pineapple stu
02/07/2005, 12:44 AM
:mad:

Worst performance EVER.

Take nothing away from Cork - I've never seen them play as well as that - but I don't know how many goals (a) we handed them on a plate or (b) they could have had handed on a plate if they'd taken all their chances. Suppose it was just one of those days - and rather it's against Cork than Harps or Bray. Doesn't make it any better though... :(

Counting Crow
02/07/2005, 8:59 AM
:mad:

Worst performance EVER.

Take nothing away from Cork - I've never seen them play as well as that - but I don't know how many goals (a) we handed them on a plate or (b) they could have had handed on a plate if they'd taken all their chances. Suppose it was just one of those days - and rather it's against Cork than Harps or Bray. Doesn't make it any better though... :(

Funny, but loads of teams seem to be "handing things to us on plates" this year......!

....now where's that ironic smilie...... ;) :D

ccfcgirl
02/07/2005, 10:11 AM
What was the Attendence like?

(top of the league, Im on top of the world)

pete
02/07/2005, 10:19 AM
UCD say 500 odd. About 50-70 city fans.

One of the most powerful & skillfull attacking performances in years. I hope the tv pictures do justice to the goals.

UCD had some good attacking at 0-0 but the 2 goals in 2 moinutes really killed them. George, Fenn & Kearney were dancing around midfield, some great one-twos, flicks & passes to feet. Then had the pace of O'Flynn & Roy.

Most impressive area of performance was the agressiveness & drive from City. Gamble & George stole the ball off midfielder numerous times. Played game at great pace & never let up even when game was over at 3-1.

O'Fynn rounded the keeper & had shot clearer off the line. George fecked up an open goal header by trying to place too much. Roy paniced when through on goal & passed instead of shooting.

23 points from last 27 whereas shels have got only 11.

Poor Student
02/07/2005, 10:33 AM
I don't know what to say. We defended very very bad. Whitmarsh was awful aswell which blunted us. I think your first goal had a lot of luck in it to be fair and perhaps that was the catalyst as I felt we were doing grand up to then considering our league positions. The second goal was ridiculous. O'Callaghan just walked right through us. The penalty I honestly have no idea about. Can City lads clarify as it was in line with your end? I felt we were in with a shout up until that. But following the penalty it all went to hell for whatever reason. O'Callaghan walked right through us a fair few times that night. With all due respect to him it had more to do with our poorness than his brilliance. Fair play to Cork they had the clinicalness to take advatage of our collapse but the annoying thing was it wasn't as if you were very hungry for it or anything, it just happened. Your fans made a decent amount of noise, nothing close to Derry but more than any of our Dublin rivals.

pete
02/07/2005, 10:45 AM
Goal 1 - Kearney was lucky as just hit him but thats was becuase O'Flynn missed the header.
Goal 2 - Great passing throughout the team.
Goal 3 - Kearney fell over defenders outstretched leg but was definitely insdie the box. Think looked bad as he was heading towards the corner flag.
Goal 4 & 5 - City rampant at that stage with poor defending but clinical finishing.

I disagree about the hunger as City employed high pressure tactic closing down defenders & midfielders even when ahead whereas recently we'd have sit back at 3-1. I think team learnt leasson from Bray where totally dominated but almost lost it in dying minutes.

I was surprised to win so well as UCD been on good run recently. However our away form has been staggering this season with no fluke wins.

Counting Crow
02/07/2005, 11:30 AM
Fantastic to hear we dominated so much in midfield as the commentators said that UCD played with 5 in the center for the second half.

One other thing that impresses me is that we are not letting teams back level when they pull goals back - eg; Bray, UCD, etc

Schumi
02/07/2005, 12:14 PM
Well done to Cork, best performance I've seen from an EL team in a long time. We were hopeless, especially after going 3-1 down, but Cork didn't give us a chance to get back into the game at that stage. Had Whitmarsh put away that chance at 2-1 though we might have got something as we were putting Cork under some pressure at that stage, at least the final score might have been a bit closer!

kevincronin2000
02/07/2005, 3:14 PM
lads still amazed by last nights performance, i woke up this morning with a hor^ thinking about it. :)

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2005, 3:30 PM
kevincronin2000

Without wishing to take anything away from City's peformance... that is too much information :o

Counting Crow
02/07/2005, 3:43 PM
lads still amazed by last nights performance, i woke up this morning with a hor^ thinking about it. :)

:D :D