PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to the Oval

Stanley Chan
25/06/2005, 6:35 PM
Lads, as a glenman and part of the Internet Glentoran Supporters Club, a few of us would be up for a drink and maybe a bite to eat before the game at the Oval for the Champs League Qualifying

I know its a few weeks away, but after reading some reservations a few of you'se had about coming up here around the 12th Id like to quash them. The 13th July is a public holiday and is a very quiet day, a lot recovering from the day before. Myself and a few mates were talking about this today, we are all die in the wool glenmen and may even be in Tolka on Friday vs Derry. We'd like to meet a few of you, bit of crack and then we'll head to the ground.

We normally meet in the Park Avenue Hotel, about 5 minutes walk from the ground. Its a friendly well maintained hotel and is a top spot for a bite to eat and few beers before the games. You will also not get any hassle in here!

If anyone is interested, in coming up give me a bell.

Hopefully some of you will take us up on the offer!

Lux Interior
25/06/2005, 6:43 PM
I put something like this on the main EL forum, SC.

Obviously I was "one of the lads" talking with you about this today. :D

But - yeah - would be good to get a few beers in and talk local football.

Dee75
01/07/2005, 2:14 PM
Did any Shels fan take you up on the offer?

Are you going to Tolka tonight?

Stanley Chan
01/07/2005, 9:01 PM
None so far!!

No unfortunatley Lux Interiors car failed its MOT, so it didnt come off :(

Lux Interior
01/07/2005, 10:14 PM
None so far!!

No unfortunatley Lux Interiors car failed its MOT, so it didnt come off :(

Bloody pedants!!! :mad:

Slash/ED
01/07/2005, 10:54 PM
Nobody will be able to take you up on the offer, the buses are going straight to the game and leaving right away and you have to travel on the buses to get a ticket. Same as the Setanta Cup.

EnDai
05/07/2005, 7:51 PM
And besides, we'll probably be late! Is there a bar int he stadium? How about a chipper? We could get pints in plastic cups and chips! :D

Gerrit
05/07/2005, 8:25 PM
Maybe... I could be moving to Belfast the day before so in that case it won't be a problem, though if I'm the only Shels fan in there it may be best to put my scarf under my shirt ?

Slash/ED
05/07/2005, 8:40 PM
Gerrit you'll have to ring Shels and tell them about the fact you're moving to Belfast and so wont be traveling on the bus to get to the match, as atm the only way you can get tickets is to travel on the bus. They should make an exception for you if you're going to be living there.

So have you been to your last Shels home game now Gerrit if you're moving?

Forza Glentoran
06/07/2005, 1:02 AM
Maybe... I could be moving to Belfast the day before so in that case it won't be a problem, though if I'm the only Shels fan in there it may be best to put my scarf under my shirt ?

I wouldn't worry about your scarf. You should be fine, and more than welcome.

Gerrit
09/07/2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the invitation lads :)

@ Slash/ED: no, I will still be seeing Shelbourne. Changing job, changing city of habitat, NOT changing team ! I hope to come over to Dublin on very regular basis. To make it every single game may be difficult but with friends in Dublin offering me to stay overnight when I want to come over, it should not be a problem to still see enough Shels action.