Colie
25/06/2005, 1:47 AM
Anyone else on here on that wave~~~~~~~~~~

Neish
25/06/2005, 11:46 AM
Don't know if I'd say best ever, but their certainly up in the top 5-10

Plastic Paddy
25/06/2005, 11:57 AM
Both of you need to stop drinking white cider, remove whatever it is that has been plugging your ears for the last ten years and listen to some decent music! :p Pearl Jam?!? :eek: I thought they'd gone down with the Titanic. One half-decent album ("Ten"? I gave it five) does not a great band make.

:ball: PP

gustavo
25/06/2005, 12:01 PM
decent band , black and jeremy are nice . but they stopped being relevant the day kurt cobain.

tetsujin1979
27/06/2005, 9:01 AM
Yield is the last decent album they released, Binaural and Riot Act were rubbish

Lionel Ritchie
27/06/2005, 9:51 AM
Less than half a dozen decent songs does not a best band ever make.

Oh ....and they should have shot their bass player early on in the 'Ten' sessions when he refused to turn off that sad, annoying tube compressor effect -or told him to fcuk off and join Sade's backing band.

Oh ...and their singer's a tit who needs to get over himself.

ThatGuy
01/07/2005, 4:10 PM
Anyone who starts a discussion by claiming that any band other than the Beatles is the greatest ever is just trying to start a row.

the 12 th man
01/07/2005, 4:13 PM
Anyone who starts a discussion by claiming that any band other than the Beatles is the greatest ever is just trying to start a row.

are you the tea pot or the kettle then ? :D ;)

Drumcondra Red
01/07/2005, 4:26 PM
Imho, the Beatles weren't even the greatest band to come out of Liverpool.You're right, because thats where Atomic kitten came from too???

Colie
02/07/2005, 2:46 PM
You just gotta know guys......

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2005, 3:25 PM
Some great bands from Liverpool other than the obvious one.

The Teardrop Explodes, Big In Japan, Wah, Echo and The Bunnymen, Cook Da Books, Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark.......

One great band from Birkenhead... Half Man Half Biscuit :D

Peadar
04/07/2005, 8:00 AM
They had one great album, Ten.
That's the extent of their greatness!

TonyD
07/07/2005, 10:29 PM
Some great bands from Liverpool other than the obvious one.

The Teardrop Explodes, Big In Japan, Wah, Echo and The Bunnymen, Cook Da Books, Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark.......

One great band from Birkenhead... Half Man Half Biscuit :D

Ah, HMHB, Great Song titles, "All I Want for Christmas is a Dukla Prauge Away Kit" "The Trumpton Riots" and Their album "Back In The DHSS" :)

CollegeTillIDie
08/07/2005, 7:35 AM
Ah, HMHB, Great Song titles, "All I Want for Christmas is a Dukla Prauge Away Kit" "The Trumpton Riots" and Their album "Back In The DHSS" :)

"Dead Men Don't Need Season Tickets" :D

Lionel Ritchie
08/07/2005, 10:14 AM

Still going strong. Mrs. Ritchie and me are heading over to see them in Leeds Cockpit at the end of the month.

One of my all time favourite bands ... first band I was in was actually called 'The Trumpton Riots' :)

I e-mailed their managment once and asked about the possibility of getting them over here to do a few shows -was told as it was ouside a 50 mile radius of Birkenhead it wasn't likely but he'd "stick it in with the usual pile of Scottish and Welsh requests" :D They could probably spit and hit Wales.

though they are doing two dates down near Penzance in july (last night and tonight actually) as well so i can only guess they're going on a camping holiday and decided to factor in a couple of "earners".

http://www.hmhb.co.uk/