PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Disgrace

Pages : [1] 2

seagulls nest
24/06/2005, 11:48 PM
never in my life of going to bray wanderers games have i seen such S-H-I-T-E, we were terrible 2nite, and UCD werent even that great a side either. Things need to be changed and it has to start with Pat Devlin, he has to step down and let someone new come on board. Also theres too many players producing the same crap week in week out and still playing ie( Tresson,wes,james and o'hanolan) ......Whats wrong with the club????? And if any1 else out there thinks im being harsh then they arnt real supporters! Everything im saying is fact. For too many years this club has been in decline and its time it stopped here. and might i add what was the purpose of gormley coming on, if thats what we are relying on to win/change a game then we may give up. Cant belive i spend €12 in to watch that......should have stayed in and got a dvd! what a joke for suporters to travel to watch their team and for them to put that infront of us!!!

Rocky Rules
25/06/2005, 5:37 AM
I paid €15! 1st two subs when something needed - Eddie Gormley, arising from the tomb, and the young lad who hasnt even played for the 21s yet and looked well off the pace and physical demands of the EL. No, UCD not great, their defence nearly as poor, but Harps win again.... :eek:

lowflyingseagul
25/06/2005, 11:06 AM
we're going down, totally inept in every way, long ball ****e. devo out out out

Lonely Wanderer
25/06/2005, 11:29 AM
Lads we're on a slide no doubt but all teams go through bad patches. How many of you were calling for Devos head after our great start to the season? None.
We were never expected to stay up in the first place and while that doesnt mean we should accept goin down you's have to understand that there are many teams in this league who are better than us, full stop.
I still believe we can stay up, we're currently going through a bad patch but if we start getting the ball down and playing football rather than playing route one football in every match I think we will start to see the real Bray.
There is undoubted talent in the squad (Jody, Chopper, Eamonn to name a few) and it's definately not too late to turn the season round.

Poor Student
25/06/2005, 11:36 AM
I'm not a Bray fan and I've not been to any of your games including the one last week but what exactly did you expect from this season? I'd consider you doing well. If Kildare had a bit of cop on last season you may still be in the 1st Division but yet you are here holding your own in the Premier well above Harps who finished well ahead of you last season and up there with us. A lot of people would have had you dead certs for relegation. With the state of Rovers and Waterford I'd say you're safe. It's a tight league. Any couple of wins or defeats will send you flying up or down.

superfrank
25/06/2005, 12:07 PM
Also theres too many players producing the same crap week in week out and still playing ie( Tresson,wes,james and o'hanolan) ......Whats wrong with the club?????Everything im saying is fact.
O'Hanlon's barely been playing this season and he didn't play a minute last night. When he does play he's done well.

Wes has had a chest infection for the past few weeks so I'd like to see you doing better.

Collie James played well last night and he, also, hasn't been playing all the time.

For too many years this club has been in decline and its time it stopped here.
How can the club be in decline? For the past few years we've been down in the First Division and now we are back up. And many of us seem to forget that earlier this season we were punching above our weight and if we do go down the media's hardly going to say: "Oh, that was a surprise" or "That's dissapointing for such a big club"

However last night's match was really bad from our point of view. He should drop Hugh Davey. That guy can't chase the ball.

Rocky Rules
25/06/2005, 1:03 PM
U-21s beaten 3-1 at home by a far slicker St Pats. sub Kevin Grogan got a fine goal (at 3-0) but otherwise a mess to complete a bad weekend

Schumi
25/06/2005, 1:08 PM
Wes has had a chest infection for the past few weeks so I'd like to see you doing better.
Have to say, I thought Wes Charles did quite well last night. :confused:

fan_1
25/06/2005, 6:17 PM
thought we were on top for the first 60mins then we just stopped playin. tresson and wes were caught for the goals.thought he took off our best 2 players and bringin on gormley????. dont agree about o hanlon dont think he is good enough

Lonely Wanderer
25/06/2005, 6:50 PM
Chopper was out for almost a year before coming back into the team and has done well at right back and centre half, and has also recently been moved into midfield, a far tougher position, yet he has done just as well. Wes has also played well most of the time.
Superfrank your post was dead right about everything. People at gettin on the players and Devo's backs after a few bad performances, for a team that scraped through promotion in the first place I think we're doing quite well.

KR's Post
26/06/2005, 1:42 PM
Wait and see... All you critics on here are going to be proved very wrong. Bray will survive, no question about it! Stop getting on the backs of the players and manager(s). You's weren't saying anything at the start of the season....

lowflyingseagul
26/06/2005, 6:44 PM
we haven't played good football in about 3 seasons. midfielders and defenders hoofing the ball, it's fvcking rubbish, i,ve had enough and will not be in drogheda next friday. this is not good enough. the squad of players we have is not that bad but the tactics suck. ucd when they got the ball tried to play it around which is what you want to see, not long ball ****e. when gormley came of the bench, if that's not a sign of a manager losing it big style then i dont know what is.

Rocky Rules
26/06/2005, 8:24 PM
OK, I've heard the complaints re hoofing & missing out midfield. No denying the subs were odd (first two) and silly (what's Barry McGrory meant to change in 90 secs?).

Given the squad,as u say,how to change it? Different players to play what theyre playing now or a different style (eg play on ground through midfield,passing & using width?). If latter which players? :confused:

Rocky Rules
26/06/2005, 8:26 PM
OK, I've heard the complaints re hoofing & missing out midfield. No denying the subs were odd (first two) and silly (what's Barry McGrory meant to change in 90 secs?).

Given the squad,as u say,how to change it? Different players to play what theyre playing now or a different style (eg play on ground through midfield,passing & using width?). If latter which players? :confused:
"He's had a bang on the head boss - doesn't know who he is":- "Tell him he's f***in' Pele & send him back out!"

lowflyingseagul
26/06/2005, 10:51 PM
mc grory for tarzan, chopper right back, never play longer again.stop playing defenders in the midfield(chopper, o'reilly), stop changing players positions every 10 mins, let full backs go forward instead of them looking over at the bench and being told to stay where they are. but mainly stop the long ball crap

Roo69
27/06/2005, 8:50 AM
never in my life of going to bray wanderers games have i seen such S-H-I-T-E, we were terrible 2nite, and UCD werent even that great a side either. Things need to be changed and it has to start with Pat Devlin, he has to step down and let someone new come on board. Also theres too many players producing the same crap week in week out and still playing ie( Tresson,wes,james and o'hanolan) ......Whats wrong with the club????? And if any1 else out there thinks im being harsh then they arnt real supporters! Everything im saying is fact. For too many years this club has been in decline and its time it stopped here. and might i add what was the purpose of gormley coming on, if thats what we are relying on to win/change a game then we may give up. Cant belive i spend €12 in to watch that......should have stayed in and got a dvd! what a joke for suporters to travel to watch their team and for them to put that infront of us!!!

Chopper was'nt even playing !

Jesus i must have been at a different match because from the 15th minute UCD were not in the game until mid way through the 2nd half. We were quite unlucky not to take the lead as well when Foxy's looping shot came back off the bar. UCD took the lead from VERY poor defending and goalkeeping, but we got back into it and were the better side. Eamo missed 2 golden chances at the end of the 1st half, very poor finishing. We started the 2nd half were we left off, on the attack, UCD were not in the game, a couple of half chances missed. Great finish for Eamo to give us a fully deserved lead, he should have added another on shortly after as well. Now the problems begin ! College equalise from tip off. Another howler from our defence. The game was every even then until guess what another present from the Bray defence !

Personally over the 90 minutes of play i thought we were better but you can't have an complaints when you gift goals like that. The officals had pretty good games as well so can't look at the for excuses.

Weso and Jody had very solid games, they won everything in the air and on the ground, the damage was done on the flanks ! Davy had a poor game, lost count of the number of times he was caught out ! Pip was working for both of them. O'Reilly had a very good game comsidering it was he's first game in quite some time as did Foxy and James, they worked well in the centre together, like Tony Mac for UCD, who is normally there best player by a long way, was kept quite all night.

The weather should have helped and promoted a passing game because of the slick surface but we stook to our normal game, which was causing the College defence problems, a lot of balls over the top which eamo picked up, for example his goal.

Synnott has the potential to become an excellent player, his touch is very good and passing is quality for someone so young his positioning is great, but he needs a few games with the 21's to get up to speed with the eircom League.

At the end of the day EVERYONE involved with Bray, from Devo to the fans to the board members said that they would be very happy that if we could aviod relegation this season, that was and still is our main aim. Do you honestly think that we we start to play more football with the ball on the ground that we can challange for the title of even a european spot ? noncience ! We got off to a great start and frightened a lot of teams, they did'nt know what to expect but they have now. We are by no means the worst team in the league and we will not be relegated.

KK77
27/06/2005, 8:52 AM
Wait and see... All you critics on here are going to be proved very wrong. Bray will survive, no question about it! Stop getting on the backs of the players and manager(s). You's weren't saying anything at the start of the season....

Yes we will stay up but only just same old same old its been obvious for a long time now change is needed Devo must go and soon as we will never move forward with him at the helm ok we will survive but is that all you want for Bray???? How can he criticise the performance on friday when in May he was off in the Carribean with Duff helping him launch some housing scheme and then off in Spain at Ryaners wedding last week now thats not the way to manage a team. We have been in trouble since May surely he should be out on the training ground trying to put things right not heading off here, there and everywhere its becoming a joke him in charge now it really is. Every other manager in the league seems to be abel to get out on the training pitch and work with their teams why not Devo????

KK77
27/06/2005, 9:05 AM
Chopper was'nt even playing !

Jesus i must have been at a different match because from the 15th minute UCD were not in the game until mid way through the 2nd half. We were quite unlucky not to take the lead as well when Foxy's looping shot came back off the bar. UCD took the lead from VERY poor defending and goalkeeping, but we got back into it and were the better side. Eamo missed 2 golden chances at the end of the 1st half, very poor finishing. We started the 2nd half were we left off, on the attack, UCD were not in the game, a couple of half chances missed. Great finish for Eamo to give us a fully deserved lead, he should have added another on shortly after as well. Now the problems begin ! College equalise from tip off. Another howler from our defence. The game was every even then until guess what another present from the Bray defence !

Personally over the 90 minutes of play i thought we were better but you can't have an complaints when you gift goals like that. The officals had pretty good games as well so can't look at the for excuses.

Weso and Jody had very solid games, they won everything in the air and on the ground, the damage was done on the flanks ! Davy had a poor game, lost count of the number of times he was caught out ! Pip was working for both of them. O'Reilly had a very good game comsidering it was he's first game in quite some time as did Foxy and James, they worked well in the centre together, like Tony Mac for UCD, who is normally there best player by a long way, was kept quite all night.

The weather should have helped and promoted a passing game because of the slick surface but we stook to our normal game, which was causing the College defence problems, a lot of balls over the top which eamo picked up, for example his goal.

Synnott has the potential to become an excellent player, his touch is very good and passing is quality for someone so young his positioning is great, but he needs a few games with the 21's to get up to speed with the eircom League.

At the end of the day EVERYONE involved with Bray, from Devo to the fans to the board members said that they would be very happy that if we could aviod relegation this season, that was and still is our main aim. Do you honestly think that we we start to play more football with the ball on the ground that we can challange for the title of even a european spot ? noncience ! We got off to a great start and frightened a lot of teams, they did'nt know what to expect but they have now. We are by no means the worst team in the league and we will not be relegated.

Are you going out with "WESO"????
We have lost seven out of the last eight league games are "YOU" going to keep on blaming refs etc just out interest???
Also Devo said it was the worst performance in years and you said we played well of the two of you who was at the game????

BrayZil
27/06/2005, 9:36 AM
I think that was a game we should have easily won. We didn't play well. A lot of our senior players have let us down this season with bad performances. If everyone played with the commitment Pip Keogh did on Friday we would have picked up a few more points along the way. IMO a lot of the Bray players aren't showing enough commitment to both the fans and the manager.

I think our weakest link is Skippy. He is not a good goalkeeper. Very poor with the first goal and he looks shaky every time the ball comes near him, although he did pull off some excellent saves home and away against Cork. Wes needs to be dropped, hes having a nightmare lately.

We always expected to be in the bottom 4 or 5 battling against relegation this year. Every Bray fan including myself would love us to be challenging for Europe. Realistically that's not going to happen. Bray just don't have the money to spend on quality players. Pat Devlin resigning would not make a difference to our league position. I can't see anyone that would do a better job than him. He has very limited resources.

It is very frustrating being a Wanderers fan at times and we do seem to get all the bad luck but we must keep the faith and continue to cheer on the lads if we are to avoid relegation

Roo69
27/06/2005, 9:44 AM
Are you going out with "WESO"????
We have lost seven out of the last eight league games are "YOU" going to keep on blaming refs etc just out interest???
Also Devo said it was the worst performance in years and you said we played well of the two of you who was at the game????

Read what i said again Rafa! Where once did i blame the ref, you even bothered reading it you would see that i said that we had no one else to blame but ourselves because the officals had good games. Get your facts right b4 trying to be somone sort of smart arse.

Am i going out with Weso ? what sort of question is that ? What has that got to do with what i posted above ? Wes played well on Friday night, a College fan even said he did.

Well in my opnion, Devo would be wrong to say it was our worst preformance in years. The game down in Longford was MUCH worse than that, and the worst i've ever seen us play was at the start of LAST season vs. ucd in the carlisle.

Rocky Rules
27/06/2005, 10:06 AM
Point re keeper is well made. Doesnt look thrilled under crosses and is fairly quiet by gk standards (anyone heard Pat Hannigan in action?)

Comes down to it, Roo may be right - you can have entertainment or prem survival, poss not both. Still think Gormley (not fit enough/bit long in tooth) or Sinnott (needs experience) not answer on bench. Presumably a few will get a chance v Hearts?

Wanderers to stay up. Rovers and free-falling Waterford for chop

KK77
27/06/2005, 10:23 AM
Read what i said again Rafa! Where once did i blame the ref, you even bothered reading it you would see that i said that we had no one else to blame but ourselves because the officals had good games. Get your facts right b4 trying to be somone sort of smart arse.

Am i going out with Weso ? what sort of question is that ? What has that got to do with what i posted above ? Wes played well on Friday night, a College fan even said he did.

Well in my opnion, Devo would be wrong to say it was our worst preformance in years. The game down in Longford was MUCH worse than that, and the worst i've ever seen us play was at the start of LAST season vs. ucd in the carlisle.

No i know you didn't blame the ref which is "UNUSUAL" for you!!!!
In your eyes "WESO" always seems to play well even when we lose and lose well so was just wondering are you going out with him or a very close to him?
If Devo was wrong with what he said maybe he's not spending enough time with the team????

BrayZil
27/06/2005, 10:24 AM
Haven't heard much about Hanningan. As far as I know he’s now registered and hopefully we'll get to see him in action soon. Skippy needs to be kept on his toes so a bit of competition won't do him any harm.

I don't understand why he did put Gormley on. Maybe he just wanted someone to make a few tackles and liven up the game a bit. Sinnott looks a good prospect but I do agree he needs a bit more experience. Anyone know what the story is with Robbie Dunne? Is he injured?

Roo69
27/06/2005, 10:39 AM
Haven't heard much about Hanningan. As far as I know he’s now registered and hopefully we'll get to see him in action soon. Skippy needs to be kept on his toes so a bit of competition won't do him any harm.

I don't understand why he did put Gormley on. Maybe he just wanted someone to make a few tackles and liven up the game a bit. Sinnott looks a good prospect but I do agree he needs a bit more experience. Anyone know what the story is with Robbie Dunne? Is he injured?

No, he was on the bench on Friday night, ya might not have noticed him with his new hair cut ! his flowing locks are no more !

He played for the U21's on Saturday morning Vs. Pats, Had a right oul battle with Vinny Perth on the middle of the park, thought it was going to kick off at one stage, Perth should have walked in the 1st half for about 5 or 6 very late challanges ! dirty b@stard all game. Pat's 2nd goal was absolutey brilliant.

Rory H
27/06/2005, 10:40 AM
ye just got promoted...everyone said bray would be guaranteed to finish bottom..i think your manager is doing a good job

BrayZil
27/06/2005, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Roo69]No, he was on the bench on Friday night, ya might not have noticed him with his new hair cut ! his flowing locks are no more !

Ah thats why I probably didn't notice him!! I think Robbie Dunne is a good player. Shows a lot of passion and doesn't give up. Great worker.

superfrank
27/06/2005, 1:05 PM
Anyone whose saying they wont go to another Bray game and wants Devo out might as well change their avatar and their name if it has seagull or wanderer in it because yez clearly dont care bout the club as much as the rest of us. :mad:

KK77
27/06/2005, 2:22 PM
Would never stop supporting my team just because i think the manager should be no longer. I think what most are getting at now and in the past is that we will never go any further under Devo which lets be honest is the truth. It's easy to say we have no money etc but thats a lame excuse.
People pay their hard earned money to see the team managed properly not to see their manager heading off for two weeks during May then another week just gone. Then we have people on here saying managers don't train theteams anymore well why do Fenlon, Farrelly, Kenny, Mahon, Doolin etc all get their boots dirty on the training ground???? We have lost 7 out of the last 8 games surely Devo should be out on the pitch trying to sort things in training instead of swanning off with Damien Duff to the Caribean etc sure he's not his "AGENT" he's only his advisor! Amazing how Devo is available for interviews on the tv yet can't train the team. Anyway sick of going about this but with too many yes men in Bray nothing will ever change yeah we will stay up but sure that's all we have been doing for years staying up or going down and it will always be that way once hitler is still in charge.

lowflyingseagul
27/06/2005, 2:49 PM
absolutely spot on. it's a yes men club unfortuately, 'pat devlins green and white army'. my main point about the club is that if the football is not attractive, new supporters will not come in to the club. as is defenitly the case with bray. bray is a large catchment area but yet we have a very small support

Roo69
27/06/2005, 2:56 PM
For me the main reason why people don't come and support us week in week out is because of the facilities, which in turn comes back to the whole money thing.

It's a vicious circle, if he had money we could buy top class players and build a stadium which in turn would bring people to the Carlisle in there droves, therefor making more money for the club. Without any money to spend on these things it will stay the same.

Your man Wallace from Wexford is fairly minted, he has been at out last 2 games to watch young Synnott play, It has been mentioned in the past that he was looking to invest in the eL, gives me an idea............ ;)

Seagull
27/06/2005, 6:26 PM
What's the story with Kevin Grogan? He played very well on Sat. with the 21's but isn't making the first team squad. Is he carrying an injury? Surely he's a better bet than McGrory up front? Best chant of the night in Belfield was 'Is he Rhona in disguise' to the lino after a dubious call! :D

Bray Head
27/06/2005, 8:29 PM
mc grory for tarzan, chopper right back, never play longer again.stop playing defenders in the midfield(chopper, o'reilly), stop changing players positions every 10 mins, let full backs go forward instead of them looking over at the bench and being told to stay where they are. but mainly stop the long ball crap

Agree with you. Devo keeps moving players around too often in games. O'Reilly is not a midfielder, he's a good full back. Tresson runs out of steam when he plays in midfield. Davey had his worst game on Friday and does'nt look fully fit. We need to stop this long ball stuff. Our best football against Cork two weeks ago came when we played the ball on the ground.

Stevo Da Gull
27/06/2005, 8:33 PM
I think we are goin through a bad run at the mo (obviously) and a bad run was kinda expected as soon as we came back down to earth after our great start. Pip Keogh was the player with the only good performance worth noting -v- UCD. Players that are badly off form should be dropped and others should be given a chance (especially hard workers like Robbie Dunne, that attitude is what we need to get through this. that and a bitto composure like what Eamo and Tarzan showed in front of goal -v- UCD which was lacking in our defence). At the beginning of the season I would have been happy with any finish bar bottom, I wont be putting the boot in on any1 now, seems to much like kicking our team when theyr'e down. :ball:

EDIT: forgot to note that Hugh Davey was shocking -v- UCD, anybody else want to see Keith Long back in the team? I dont want Pip back at left back because he's a real threat going forward but Hugh looks a bit off the boil and Longer was doin alrite earlier on this season.

Roo69
28/06/2005, 2:16 PM
I think we are goin through a bad run at the mo (obviously) and a bad run was kinda expected as soon as we came back down to earth after our great start. Pip Keogh was the player with the only good performance worth noting -v- UCD. Players that are badly off form should be dropped and others should be given a chance (especially hard workers like Robbie Dunne, that attitude is what we need to get through this. that and a bitto composure like what Eamo and Tarzan showed in front of goal -v- UCD which was lacking in our defence). At the beginning of the season I would have been happy with any finish bar bottom, I wont be putting the boot in on any1 now, seems to much like kicking our team when theyr'e down. :ball:

EDIT: forgot to note that Hugh Davey was shocking -v- UCD, anybody else want to see Keith Long back in the team? I dont want Pip back at left back because he's a real threat going forward but Hugh looks a bit off the boil and Longer was doin alrite earlier on this season.

Longer was doing very well at the start of the season until he got injuried, not sure if he has recovered yet ? Maybe you are right though, dropping a few player might make the realise that there not just at the club for fun. We have a big enough squad so why not utilise it. We have some excellent players with the 21's.........

GK: O'Connor / Hannigan (21's keeper)

RB: Daz / Giffy / Ivory (21's right full)
CB: Weso / O'Reilly
CB: Jody / Chopper
LB: Davey / Longer / Murphy (21's left full)

RM: Dunne / Keltch
CM: McGuinness / James / McGee (21's midfielder)
CM: Foxy
LM: Pip / Zambra (21's midfielder) / Dunne (21's midfielder/striker)

ST: Zayed
ST: Grogan / Tarzan / McGrory / Lacey (21's striker)

KR's Post
28/06/2005, 4:25 PM
Best chant of the night in Belfield was 'Is he Rhona in disguise' to the lino after a dubious call! :D
I started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

KR's Post
28/06/2005, 4:29 PM
F-ucking sick of p'pl on here criticising the team when their going through a bad patch. Criticising Devo week in-week out.... For fu-ck sake lads ya's have got to realise that if devo GO'S, Bray Wanderers GO!!!! Get behind your team and any of you on here that are not regulars in the shed or sing at away games, START!!!! We really need all the support we can get at the moment to lift the team out of this rut!! See you's in Drogheda on friday ;)

lowflyingseagul
28/06/2005, 8:06 PM
balls, i get behind the team, i've supported them since day 1(league cup against dundalk) but i just feel the club is not moving on anywhere and the club has gone stale and i'm sick to death of watching a team lumping the ball with no real shape or clue of what they should be doing. bray are my team and always will be but should i grin and bear it, not a fvcking chance

seagulls nest
28/06/2005, 8:32 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE....is the only word i can use to describe some of the replies iv seen, how can anyone possibly have anyone justify our performances of late, and keep trying to defend a manager that keeps playing and paying the same players week in week out regardless of how they play. its like a case of the S-H-I-T-T-E-R you play the previous week the more chance you have of playing the following week, things have gone too stale,same players have been there for too long, a complete overhaul is needed, for example there is an excellent youth system in the club, but rarely are players brought through,we could have given players a chance in the last 8 games in which we lost,and i think they would have done better,why not have tried it? they couldnt have done any worse ! Friday night will be my last away match i travel to unless i see a big improvement in players application on the pitch and the managements tactics.

KK77
29/06/2005, 8:19 AM
F-ucking sick of p'pl on here criticising the team when their going through a bad patch. Criticising Devo week in-week out.... For fu-ck sake lads ya's have got to realise that if devo GO'S, Bray Wanderers GO!!!! Get behind your team and any of you on here that are not regulars in the shed or sing at away games, START!!!! We really need all the support we can get at the moment to lift the team out of this rut!! See you's in Drogheda on friday ;)

The team has shown no real sign of improvement at all in the last few seasons i just feel as a fan of Bray after 20 odd years on and off Devo can not take us any further ok we will more than likely stay up but no more we need a fresh out look for the good of the team, fans and club in general. I think by saying if Devo goes Bray go sums it up perfectly thats the way it shouldn't be Bray is Bray not Bray is Devo. Also just because people knock Devo does not mean that are not getting behind the team they are just expressing their views which surely they are entitled to do as paying fans.

Roo69
29/06/2005, 8:52 AM
The team has shown no real sign of improvement at all in the last few seasons i just feel as a fan of Bray after 20 odd years on and off Devo can not take us any further ok we will more than likely stay up but no more we need a fresh out look for the good of the team, fans and club in general. I think by saying if Devo goes Bray go sums it up perfectly thats the way it shouldn't be Bray is Bray not Bray is Devo. Also just because people knock Devo does not mean that are not getting behind the team they are just expressing their views which surely they are entitled to do as paying fans.

:eek:

Who else out there do people think could do a better job with the funding that Devo has at his disposal ? honestly, do you think anyone else would want the job with no money to spend on players etc.........

I really can't think of anyone who could do a better job in the circumstances, that's being honest, But O'Connor from Limerick is going to be a TOP manager, if anything was to happen i'd love to see him come in.

KK77
29/06/2005, 9:23 AM
:eek:

Who else out there do people think could do a better job with the funding that Devo has at his disposal ? honestly, do you think anyone else would want the job with no money to spend on players etc.........

I really can't think of anyone who could do a better job in the circumstances, that's being honest, But O'Connor from Limerick is going to be a TOP manager, if anything was to happen i'd love to see him come in.

Devo took over Bray in 1985 now it's 2005 so on and off =?????

Roo69
29/06/2005, 9:36 AM
Devo took over Bray in 1985 now it's 2005 so on and off =?????

Kind of reads like You have been a fan for 20 years on and off

KK77
29/06/2005, 9:47 AM
Kind of reads like You have been a fan for 20 years on and off

Ok fair enough but did mean Devo being manager. I think to say there's no one out there to replace him is heads in sand stuff really as when Devo took the Bray job in 1985 were did the club pluck him from?????? TEK Utd and back then he was an up and coming young manager so why not go after the Wayside manager???? if we can't get anyone from within the league who wants big money. Why not go for the Wayside manager he's young and could bring fresh ideas. Ok he has no experience at LOI level but nor did Devo. The young managers are out there it's just a matter of the club looking.

Roo69
29/06/2005, 9:51 AM
Ok fair enough but did mean Devo being manager. I think to say there's no one out there to replace him is heads in sand stuff really as when Devo took the Bray job in 1985 were did the club pluck him from?????? TEK Utd and back then he was an up and coming young manager so why not go after the Wayside manager???? if we can't get anyone from within the league who wants big money. Why not go for the Wayside manager he's young and could bring fresh ideas. Ok he has no experience at LOI level but nor did Devo. The young managers are out there it's just a matter of the club looking.

The Bray job is virtually full time, do you reckon he'd give his normal job up and do the Bray one for free ?

KK77
29/06/2005, 10:04 AM
The Bray job is virtually full time, do you reckon he'd give his normal job up and do the Bray one for free ?

1. Devo is doing it for free coz he has made his money if he needed the money he would not do it for free.

2. If it's full time how come Devo was in Spain for Ryaner's wedding for a week and away for two weeks with Damien Duff in May sorting out some Carribean place he was buying while we were getting beat left, right and centre.

3. How come he doesn't train a part-time team if he is a full-time manager yet the backroom staff who have day jobs do train them doesn't make sense if Devo is full tiem manager.

4. So are you saying that we couldn't afford to pay a manager since Devo doesn't need the money yet could pay him for many years before he didn't need it.

5. Why not try and get the Wayside manager you don't ask you won't know?

6. First i have heard that Devo gave up his full-time job all those years ago to manage Bray.

BrayZil
29/06/2005, 10:07 AM
I agree with Roo I don't think anyone else could do a better job with the budget and facilities Devo has. I think he's an excellent manager and does the best he can. However, I don't always agree with his tactics. I think he knows himself that there’s a couple of problems and I’m sure he'll address them immediately. I think we'll definitely see an improvement in our performance this Friday.

BrayZil
29/06/2005, 10:16 AM
1. Devo is doing it for free coz he has made his money if he needed the money he would not do it for free.

2. If it's full time how come Devo was in Spain for Ryaner's wedding for a week and away for two weeks with Damien Duff in May sorting out some Carribean place he was buying while we were getting beat left, right and centre.

3. How come he doesn't train a part-time team if he is a full-time manager yet the backroom staff who have day jobs do train them doesn't make sense if Devo is full tiem manager.

4. So are you saying that we couldn't afford to pay a manager since Devo doesn't need the money yet could pay him for many years before he didn't need it.

5. Why not try and get the Wayside manager you don't ask you won't know?

6. First i have heard that Devo gave up his full-time job all those years ago to manage Bray.

Just in relation to your points:

1. Fair point but he does it for the love of the club.

2. Manager or not he's entitled to have a break. You probably don't realise the amount of work he does behind the scenes.

3. Devo has taken a back seat the last 2 years. He's not going to be there forever and is passing some of his responsibilities onto Tony.

4. We're not saying we can’t afford to pay a manager. It's just an added bonus that he doesn’t take any money from the club.

5. We don't want the Wayside manager! We have a perfectly good manager that’s doing the very best he can.

6. Not sure how true that actually is so I’m not commenting on it.

KK77
29/06/2005, 10:31 AM
Just in relation to your points:

1. Fair point but he does it for the love of the club.

2. Manager or not he's entitled to have a break. You probably don't realise the amount of work he does behind the scenes.

3. Devo has taken a back seat the last 2 years. He's not going to be there forever and is passing some of his responsibilities onto Tony.

4. We're not saying we can’t afford to pay a manager. It's just an added bonus that he doesn’t take any money from the club.

5. We don't want the Wayside manager! We have a perfectly good manager that’s doing the very best he can.

6. Not sure how true that actually is so I’m not commenting on it.

Not getting into a long slanging match but first i have heard of a manager taking three weeks off during a season towhile his team are being beaten its beyond me to be honest it really is it's just not the way to manage a team then again i'd prob do the same if DD was bank rolling me anway i'll bow to all your superior knowledge of the game in general. You said he's taking a back seat but a back seat from what???? If you manage a team surely there can be no half measures? I agree he loves the club but why not do it for free all those years ago if he loves the club so much? Anyway i am behind the team regardless.

BrayZil
29/06/2005, 11:19 AM
Not getting into a long slanging match but first i have heard of a manager taking three weeks off during a season towhile his team are being beaten its beyond me to be honest it really is it's just not the way to manage a team then again i'd prob do the same if DD was bank rolling me anway i'll bow to all your superior knowledge of the game in general. You said he's taking a back seat but a back seat from what???? If you manage a team surely there can be no half measures? I agree he loves the club but why not do it for free all those years ago if he loves the club so much? Anyway i am behind the team regardless.

I don't want to get into a slagging match either and I respect your opinion. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think (IMO) that he seems to be giving Tony a bit more responsibility on the managerial side of things, which will do no harm. Maybe he needed the money all those years ago, don't really know. Devo does frustrate me at times with some things he does but overall him stepping down wouldn’t be the answer. Glad to hear your keeping behind the team, we all need to. Hopefully we can turn things around in the next few weeks with a bit of luck.

KK77
29/06/2005, 11:32 AM
I don't want to get into a slagging match either and I respect your opinion. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think (IMO) that he seems to be giving Tony a bit more responsibility on the managerial side of things, which will do no harm. Maybe he needed the money all those years ago, don't really know. Devo does frustrate me at times with some things he does but overall him stepping down wouldn’t be the answer. Glad to hear your keeping behind the team, we all need to. Hopefully we can turn things around in the next few weeks with a bit of luck.

Amen!!!