PDA

View Full Version : easy 3-0 win.....league could be ours!

wws
19/03/2002, 10:56 PM
easy 3-0 win against derry ....... in truth ger mccarthy could easily had 3 more himself such was the amount of chances we missed

bodes well for the run-in.....I think we'll win the most points on the pitch and more than likely win any new court battle if Shels want a re-match of the pasting we gave them in the High Court

be afraid Ollie.......this club will NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
20/03/2002, 9:00 AM
pats fans have to step back quickly and take stock of themselves.A lot of people are still angry over the marney affair and you lot have gone from taunting shels (which i can understand) to such a level of completely belligerent pride in your club that a lot of people are starting to get fed up. In short, if you want to keep bitching about shels, stop sounding more and more like them every week.

patsh
20/03/2002, 9:04 AM
$hels are champs, you bunch of w*nkers.
Ye cannot even fill out a couple of forms properly.
Professional setup me arse!......... :(

wws
20/03/2002, 9:57 AM
yeah, the moral majority are getting milk bottles down they're trousers cause ollie found a few forms incorrectly filled in..........u'll never understand football fandom with that attitude.....of bloody course I'm proud of our players this season.....you lot really havent a clue about football!

Éanna
20/03/2002, 10:04 AM
come on peter, don't push it. I never said I agreed with the rule- i don't. I think deducting points is a stupid idea, but rules are rules, and we all gotta live with them whether we like them or not. Like I said, Pats fans are doing a great job of destroying any sympathy anyone has for them.

wws
20/03/2002, 10:25 AM
i dont speak for any1 bar me!

ure putting 2 and 2 together and gettin 22

my personal view is that the league must be won by the team that wins the most points and that the "registration" of two non banger players is a f.uck up of an issue that has gotten out of hand cause of pats poor office work and ollies wierd obsessiveness

I'm a football fan Eanna, plain and simple....and if pats win all der remainin games and shels are awarded the league it will not be a win in my view...nothing will CHANGE my mind on that

i accept your reading of it but i disagree with it cause im only interested in football

marney and babaz wore the red n white with distinction this season, technically they may not have been registered correctly....but r u honestly sayin that pats gained a material advantage over anyone on the pitch because of a red tape **** up????

as a football fan i cant bring myself to see one club celebrating a red tape error as if they are the best team in ireland....it may not make "sense" to you and the "rules are rules brigade" but football fandom doesnt make sense its pure heart and what is more of a footballing contribution to a champions season?.....a young player like babaz coming to ireland from africa and scoring great goals or an old fart like ollie byrne going through the files of another club like a third rate sun journo?

sorry i have to back the saints team if not the joke of a club and its not my concern if you cant see why

Éanna
20/03/2002, 10:32 AM
Peter I understand exactly where you're coming from, but if you get stopped speeding, you can't tell the garda that he doesn't understand how much fun driving quickly is and he shouldn't punish you, because you're capable of driving quickly and safely!

Like I said, I have a sympathy for Pats in this, but this mess has to stop somewhere and there's no time like the present. Shels vindictive behaviour has been reprehensible, but Pats are clinging to moral high ground that has long since crumbled beneath them.

pete
20/03/2002, 10:58 AM
Ah another controversy to extent the season but I don't think its what dolan was looking for.

Theres only 2 possible outcomes to this:

a) Ollie is stirring the s*** & theres no truth to & in this case he should be severly fined & suspended by the league.

b) What Ollie says is true & Pats will miraculously produce another 'cert of postage' from their friendly PO down the road.

The Marney Affair has already set a precedent for breaking the rules but avoiding a points deduction sanction on the basis that you didn't mean to deliberately break the rules.

This league just continues to give its opponents ammo to beat them with.

Does anyone give a toss who "wins" the league now?

:(

hayser
20/03/2002, 11:09 AM
i give a toss pete. btw i think we`ll win it and ill be in longford regardless.

patsh
20/03/2002, 11:21 AM
I think football should win out in any season, and am not happy that $hels will win the league because of St. Pat's adminstration f*ckups.
However, they are Pat's own f*ckups. Dolan shouts and screams constantly about professionalism in the eL. Well registering your players properly is all part of the work of any club, never mind the club which claims to be the most professional. All the work the players did on the field has been messed up by Pat's themselves, not Ollie B*llix.
Believe that Pat's are the real champions if you want, but the fact is ye are NOT, and ye f*cked that up yourselves, no one else did it to ye.

wws
22/03/2002, 12:10 PM
bohs claim to be the only full time professional football club in ireland, shels say they will be "practically" full time next season.....whatever that means

and pats are unquestionably a part time set up with a few full time players on the books