PDA

View Full Version : glastonbury

the 12 th man
24/06/2005, 10:15 PM
just watching "the killers" ,great sound,would have liked to hear more of "Doves".its live now on BBC 2--------------White Stripes

jofyisgod
25/06/2005, 7:13 PM
I loved Bloc Party yesterday, and Kaiser Chiefs earlier on. Babyshambles were damn good too. Can't wait for Coldplay tonight and Rufus Wainwright tomorrow night now... :)

pete
25/06/2005, 7:19 PM
Live on BBC3 all tonight.

the 12 th man
25/06/2005, 7:39 PM
Live on BBC3 all tonight.

have to rely on ordinary bbc :(

Kowalski
25/06/2005, 8:58 PM
Check out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/glastonbury2005/watchandlisten/

They are webcasting four sets every night, ive just missed Interpol but I think I can watch it back later.
Seen them during the week in Marlay Park & the were excelent, get to watch Coldplay again tonight aswell, which should be good to see what their light show is like because they go on stage fairly late compared to Wednesday, when the lights only took effect for the last couple of songs.

Plastic Paddy
26/06/2005, 9:57 AM
One of those really annoying golf umbrella thingies... £10
An all-in-one waterproof from Millets... £15
Watching all the great unwashed take an enforced "shower"... PRICELESS!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4618015.stm

:D PP

anto1208
27/06/2005, 2:25 PM
what a festival watched as much as possible on bbc3 , just down loaded the babyshambles set so ill have a look at that tonight , as they only showed 3 songs from them .

brian wilson was a good show too .

razor
27/06/2005, 2:38 PM
The interactive on BBC is the job, 4 different screens to choose from.
Very impressed with Interpol, excellent stuff.

paul_oshea
27/06/2005, 2:44 PM
is it just me, but why would you want to undergo smoething like the people in those pics posted from PP???

Kowalski
27/06/2005, 7:20 PM
what a festival watched as much as possible on bbc3 , just down loaded the babyshambles set so ill have a look at that tonight , as they only showed 3 songs from them .

brian wilson was a good show too .

3 songs too many, Babyshambles? are you for real? They are absolute muck.

superfrank
27/06/2005, 8:24 PM
Basement Jaxx were deadly last night. Great show. Your man Felix is a bit of a nut though.

anto1208
28/06/2005, 12:28 PM
3 songs too many, Babyshambles? are you for real? They are absolute muck.

im not going to bother its clear you dont have a clue about music so why argue with you ,doherthy is one of the few actual musicians around that can write properly and is in it for the music not the money hence releasing all his stuff for free online .

but dont let me put you off your killers cd , :confused:

anto1208
28/06/2005, 12:36 PM
is it just me, but why would you want to undergo smoething like the people in those pics posted from PP???

its fun , plus you get away from all the idiots that you meet out normally coz they are too afraid to get there new runners dirty

Plastic Paddy
28/06/2005, 12:40 PM
im not going to bother its clear you dont have a clue about music so why argue with you ,doherthy is one of the few actual musicians around that can write properly and is in it for the music not the money hence releasing all his stuff for free online

:confused:

I refer you to the answer I gave some time ago:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=293860&postcount=45

:p

its fun , plus you get away from all the idiots that you meet out normally coz they are too afraid to get there new runners dirty

You want to try some new places then Anto...

:ball: PP

paul_oshea
28/06/2005, 12:45 PM
PP a good piont if you hadnt ruined it by referring to the clash. banal banal mind numbing muck like all those bands...the smiths another one im sure you probably like...muck muck pooh stinking boring numbing droll crap, i think im alternative, punkie indie dopey bollloccks. :mad:

Dublin12
28/06/2005, 12:45 PM
Talking about Babyshambles,could somebody explain too me just what exactly does Kate Moss see in that pasty faced skinny nomark loser :confused:

anto1208
28/06/2005, 12:48 PM
:confused:

I refer you to the answer I gave some time ago:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=293860&postcount=45

:p

You want to try some new places then Anto...

i dont like him because he takes drugs , i like him in spite of that . he is an extreamly clever writer he is one of the most honest and open artists around at the moment , he does nt pretend to be some thing he isnt ,
how many times have you listened to any of his albums so that you heard what he was saying or is your opinion drawn from what the sun writes ??

and you do understand the whole point of punk is that anyone even a skinny pasty faced junkie that cant sing can get up and have a go , not to spike up your hair and wear safety pins in your clothes

Babysis
28/06/2005, 12:50 PM

I love festivals, and am gutted not have been able to go to one this year. But the scenes from Glast would have been hell. I dont get the idiots who insist on getting covered head to toe in mud. They stink, and have to spend a whole weekend like that - no thanks. You can enjoy festivals without having to covered in crap. So Im with the trying to stay clean brigade - its always worked so far. :)

anto1208
28/06/2005, 12:52 PM
I love festivals, and am gutted not have been able to go to one this year. But the scenes from Glast would have been hell. I dont get the idiots who insist on getting covered head to toe in mud. They stink, and have to spend a whole weekend like that - no thanks. You can enjoy festivals without having to covered in crap. So Im with the trying to stay clean brigade - its always worked so far. :)

there is a huge difference between trying to stay clean and not going incase you get your jeans dirty

Babysis
28/06/2005, 12:59 PM
there is a huge difference between trying to stay clean and not going incase you get your jeans dirty

I agree. But i think festivals now attract a huge variety of people, not just the "hippys" it used to be. I've seen a lot of people chaved up to the 9's at all the festival ive gone to :rolleyes: . but your right, its a bit pointless. roll on 2007, Im defo going to Glast then. :)

anto1208
28/06/2005, 1:03 PM
I agree. But i think festivals now attract a huge variety of people, not just the "hippys" it used to be. I've seen a lot of people chaved up to the 9's at all the festival ive gone to :rolleyes: . but your right, its a bit pointless. roll on 2007, Im defo going to Glast then. :)

im just glad slim shady will take most of the scum away from oxegen and the picnic , now all we need is a tractor show to keep the farmers away

Babysis
28/06/2005, 1:56 PM
im just glad slim shady will take most of the scum away from oxegen and the picnic , now all we need is a tractor show to keep the farmers away

I did the last witnness, and that and T in the park were the roughest festivals in terms of the type of people. In saying that, i prefered those, as you knew exactly what you were getting. Reading was everybody trying too hard to be alternative, and V is too commercial. Up for Glastonbury because they can attract sucha a broad range. Watched christy moore last year (I think) on TV. Suberb. Thats the ting with festivals though, they come across differnt on TV. Coldplay, having seen them live, not really too fussed, but on TV, they looked excellent. just goes to show :rolleyes: :)

Docboy
28/06/2005, 5:13 PM
Was at Glasto at the weekend for the first time and it was absolutely awesome. Got there Thursday amazing weather sat up all night drinking & smoking. Woke up to thunder storms and ****ing rain on Sat morn which meant a much needed ly-in. Sure we got a bit mucky but nothing like the sensationalist pics in the papers, maybe 2,000 people left out of 150,000 so that will tell you how bad it was.

Have to agree about the lack of scum at Glasto compared to Witness etc, plus how cool it is to be able to enjoy a smoke without looking over your shoulder, we're all adults after all.

Big shout out for The Coral, Kaiser Chiefs, Magic Numbers, Go-Team, Brian Wilson, The Zutons and Darren Emerson. And a big f-off to Bobby Gillespie, who' too cool for school.

Roll on 2007!!

Plastic Paddy
29/06/2005, 7:30 AM

I should declare my hand, Paul. I've been to more festivals than I care to remember (Glasto, Reading, Womad, Big Chill, Big Day Out, Roskilde - and they're just the non-dance ones) and enjoyed pretty much all of them - mud-caked or no. I just like winding up de yoot. ;)

i dont like him because he takes drugs , i like him in spite of that . he is an extreamly clever writer he is one of the most honest and open artists around at the moment , he does nt pretend to be some thing he isnt, how many times have you listened to any of his albums so that you heard what he was saying or is your opinion drawn from what the sun writes ??

Doherty honest? Try telling that to Carl Barat. I believe his antique guitar was never recovered from the last time that your hero came calling. Living in Shepherd's Bush (as I do), which is where Doherty lived for several years until recently, the stories about him locally are legend and, frankly, mostly unprintable here. Suffice to say that they largely paint him as a parasite. And he ain't welcome in many parts of de Bush no more...

As for your jibe about the S*n? I wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag, but I digress.

and you do understand the whole point of punk is that anyone even a skinny pasty faced junkie that cant sing can get up and have a go , not to spike up your hair and wear safety pins in your clothes

Anto, with what little respect your answer deserves, I remember the whole punk thing the first time round. I know the ethos. I don't need a callow "yoot" to lecture me on the essence of punk. :rolleyes: Frankly, if you consider that Doherty is "punk", then you're in more need of that lesson than I. "Up the Bracket" was not proper punk - it was produced by Mick Jones ffs (see my earlier point about "Sandinista"-era Clash - that was Jones all over too - maybe you've never listened to that?!?) - and "The Libertines", well it was better, granted, but again hardly what anyone who knew their stuff would call punk.

To summarise, I've heard loads of good and better bands over the years simply never receive the hype that this lot did simply due to the idiocy and self-obsession of the band's frontman. And for that reason, I can't be done with him.

Macy
29/06/2005, 7:47 AM
And a big f-off to Bobby Gillespie, who' too cool for school.
Was watching some of the scream team on BBC3 - I thought it was brilliant, but the missus thought he was stupid. You just don't see people up on stage being arrogant fooks, píssed out of their face anymore. The comment about "how are you enjoying the rain? We've just flown in by helicopter" was class :D

Less getting down with the kids, more taking the píss out of them please. Far more enjoyable...

The Good Son
29/06/2005, 9:02 AM
I. "Up the Bracket" was not proper punk - it was produced by Mick Jones ffs (see my earlier point about "Sandinista"-era Clash - that was Jones all over too - maybe you've never listened to that?!?) - and "The Libertines", well it was better, granted, but again hardly what anyone who knew their stuff would call punk.

I know that a lot of people would be of the same opinion as you PP but I can't let this blasphemous criticism of Sandinista go. I know there's some overindulgent dross on the album, but the good stuff more than makes up for it.I mean if The Libertines or any band around today came up with something like, Magnificent Seven, Somebody Got Murdered, One More Time, Broadway (one of their finest moments on any album), Charlie Don't Surf to name but a few they'd be doing very well. A double album minus the dross would have made it a classic. And poor ould Jonesy,I know he'll never be up there with Joe but he came up with some fine stuff with The Clash and after. Your penance for this blasphemy PP is to listen to the entire album with no break four times in a row, and without the help of any mind altering substancs.

fosterdollar
29/06/2005, 9:25 AM
Less getting down with the kids, more taking the píss out of them please. Far more enjoyable...
Agreed, Chris Martin syndrone is killing it for everyone. Down with this sort of thing. Fúck them indeed (if they came to see Kylie). Since when did a person's name become unmentionable when they became ill?

As for Pete D, have to say i get a kick out of him. I'd admit his music is not genius but not all the legends wrote genius music. I hope he becomes a proper legend. From reading his interviews and lyrics he deserves it.

anto1208
29/06/2005, 9:50 AM
Was watching some of the scream team on BBC3 - I thought it was brilliant, but the missus thought he was stupid. You just don't see people up on stage being arrogant fooks, píssed out of their face anymore. The comment about "how are you enjoying the rain? We've just flown in by helicopter" was class :D

did you see the interveiw with him and mani on bbc 3 it was so funny they just kept swearing going off on tangents and breaking into song like singing to the theme of the monkey s " hey hey we re the junkie's ...............but were too busy shooting up to put any body down "
i cant remember the second line !! :o

i dont mind the slagging in fact i think it s pretty funny ,i like bands that just go for it , are nt worried about singing properly or looking good or what people think of them ,if i wanted to see that id watch american idol

Plastic Paddy
29/06/2005, 10:51 AM
Your penance for this blasphemy PP is to listen to the entire album with no break four times in a row, and without the help of any mind altering substancs.

Penance taken in good grace, Good Son. Now, where's me headphones? :eek: :)