PDA

View Full Version : Watch LoI habits

pineapple stu
23/04/2021, 3:32 PM
As per other thread - of the 10 PD/FD games each weekend, how many would you watch online?

I'd watch UCD and that's it (not helped by different subscriptions for each division, but still, the goals in Twitter is enough for me in the other games)

Bucket
23/04/2021, 3:46 PM
Usually 3

Kiki Balboa
23/04/2021, 3:53 PM
1 actively watch, 2 would be on in the background.

D24Saint
23/04/2021, 3:55 PM
I’d watch the two Friday games and the best pick of the Saturday games. I wouldn’t be concentrating on the full 90 of every game but would have some of them on in the background.

kksaints
23/04/2021, 4:41 PM
Three. Usually the two Friday ones and one on the Saturday. Usually pay the least attention to the 5:45 match on the Friday unless Pats are playing. Would pay full attention to the other two.

Nesta99
23/04/2021, 5:12 PM
Have people bought a season pass? I didnt bother thinking id have limited chances to watch much more than Dundalk games - already spent €25 watching games individually:confused:

D24Saint
23/04/2021, 5:18 PM
Have people bought a season pass? I didnt bother thinking id have limited chances to watch much more than Dundalk games - already spent €25 watching games individually:confused:

Got a watchloi pass with the Pats Supporter package this year that replaced the usual season tickets. It had a few perks , watch LOI pass, 10% off the club shop & your name in the hat for tickets when/if they become available.

Longfordian
23/04/2021, 6:49 PM
Mostly just one, sometimes two.

SeanDrog
23/04/2021, 6:55 PM
3 if times allow (eg tonight watched harps, now watching Rovers and tomorrow Drogs)

Martinho II
23/04/2021, 8:09 PM
1 for me every 2 weeks but not bothering any more after that as hate it when it buffers & no matter how hard you try it doenst solve the problem so will follow it on twitter.

Longfordian
23/04/2021, 8:41 PM
Could be just your internet connection maybe? It never buffers much for me. What kind of speed do you get where you are?

osarusan
23/04/2021, 9:04 PM
Watch Treaty and even that's tough going for me! Not going to bother with other Div 1 games on LOItv.

nigel-harps1954
23/04/2021, 9:21 PM
Some weeks I might watch one, other weeks might be two or three, depends how busy I'd be, or if they'd clash with other games. I'll probably watch one tomorrow evening

Buller
23/04/2021, 10:23 PM
Watch Rovers and then sometimes another if it looks juicy and doesn't clash.
WatchLOI sub came with my ST.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
23/04/2021, 11:00 PM
Don’t really understand why they wouldn’t stagger the Saturday games like they did last season. Surely there is no extra cost.

total hoofball
24/04/2021, 12:50 PM
Last season with Shels for the first 6 weeks up until early September I was watching at least 3 of the 5 matches, once the European Leagues/Champions League/American Football returned that month I only had time to watch Shels matches and the odd match not involving Shels that had relegation implications

Martinho II
24/04/2021, 4:03 PM
Could be just your internet connection maybe? It never buffers much for me. What kind of speed do you get where you are?

Yeah spot on its patchy as its landline.TV sometimes goes on blink & has to be rebooted. Reception isnt best out here.Im with Imagine.

ger121
24/04/2021, 11:02 PM
1 actively watch, 2 would be on in the background.

Same.

El-Pietro
26/04/2021, 12:20 PM
I wasn't impressed with watchloi last year, though it was a decent first attempt. When I heard about LOI TV I had mixed feelings. I decided it was best to go with the game by game rather than committing to a full season. After poor quality (both the football and the coverage) that resulted in Youtube and Facebook broadcasts of the second half of the first two games this season I gave up. I might watched the Cobh games, or maybe a cup game if we're in a Premier Division ground but I'm done for this season unless we are allowed back into grounds.
The quality of broadcast combined with the poor quality of football from City, and the fact that relegation isn't possible means I just don't think its worth my time getting emotionally invested in this seasons team. If I could go to the games I'd be there, home games and as many aways as I could. I'd have been at pre season games, underage games, probably even some womens games now they are playing at the Cross. But I have never loved football on tv, its much better in person, and its even worse in empty stadiums. I haven't been watching the Premier League, Champions League or International games either. Empty stadiums with a single camera angle that makes it hard to even see who the players are on the far side just doesn't appeal to me. There was a clip at the weekend of what appeared to be a cracking goal by a Shels player on twitter. I couldn't see the ball after it left his foot. I had to take the fact that it was a goal in good faith. Maybe its my eyesight getting worse but it all adds up to a waste of time and money for me.

sbgawa
26/04/2021, 12:41 PM

Got it with my season ticket from Rovers.
Interesting results to this survey when you consider that 24 out of 30 people on this site who would be at the committed end of the scale of fans watch 2 or less games per week.
Kind of explains why the numbers are so bad overall

Bucket
26/04/2021, 12:53 PM
It would be interesting to see the numbers if the product was done properly. I'm really not a fan of the first division cameras. It goes a bit mental every time we're waiting for a corner kick. When crowds come back, a few beach balls bobbing around an away end would cause it to have a meltdown!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
26/04/2021, 1:49 PM
Got it with my season ticket from Rovers.
Interesting results to this survey when you consider that 24 out of 30 people on this site who would be at the committed end of the scale of fans watch 2 or less games per week.
Kind of explains why the numbers are so bad overall

Well we can only watch 3 seeing as they put 3 of the 5 games on at the same time

sbgawa
26/04/2021, 2:23 PM
Well we can only watch 3 seeing as they put 3 of the 5 games on at the same time

I took the "would you watch" as how many would you watch if you could (like last year)
See your point though.
Theoretically we could watch them all on catch up but i dont think ive watched even 1 rovers match on catch up.

sullanefc
03/05/2021, 11:42 AM
I'm watching City games on a match by match basis on LOI TV.

Nesta99
03/05/2021, 1:44 PM
I'm watching City games on a match by match basis on LOI TV.

Is it as painful as it looks?