PDA

View Full Version : Exiled or not ?

garykelly
23/06/2005, 2:59 PM
I just wondered how many people on foot.ie are currently away from the area of the team they support and how many people are actually living in the area where their team is from. I'm in Sligo so can get to Sligo Rovers games. Maybe this can be a poll ? would be interesting to see IMO

Are you currently Exiled ?

Yes
No

tiktok
23/06/2005, 3:03 PM
Yes.

Have been for two and a half years now. In US and now Dublin.
Have to say, I still get to see as many CCFC games though ;)

carrickharp
23/06/2005, 3:03 PM
Yes.
Get to more away Harps matches than home ones (this is the ONLY good thing about all the Dublin teams in the Prem :p )

Troy.McClure
23/06/2005, 3:05 PM
Yes.
Get to more away Harps matches than home ones (this is the ONLY good thing about all the Dublin teams in the Prem :p )

Replace Cork for Harps for me :o

Peadar
23/06/2005, 3:13 PM
Yes! :( :( :(

Macy
23/06/2005, 3:15 PM
Yes, and won't be changing now with a mortgage and building a house on the missus land... :(

Poor Student
23/06/2005, 3:15 PM
Temporarily exiled every now and then in Slovenia. Generally I'm in South Dublin, technically probably closer to St. Pat's but it's much of a muchness.

Bluebeard
23/06/2005, 3:27 PM
Yes. Now eleven or twelve years in Dublin, and normally working on Friday nights to boot, or at least when the Blues are in town. If we get to the semis and final of the Leaggue Cup, and we're away to a Dublin team for both matches at a time I can make, I should make a grand total of six games this season :mad: :mad: :mad:

It could only be worse if we got relegated too :eek:

monutdfc
23/06/2005, 3:36 PM
Yes - living in Dublin, and not likely to be moving far for the forseeable.
The new M1 and Carrickmacross by-pass means I can make it home for games in an hour and half, so I get to most home games. (Costs me a fortune in petrol and 1.60 each way for the toll brdge though.)

BrayZil
23/06/2005, 3:37 PM
Yes, I live and work in Bray, both within walking distance to the Carlisle Grounds.

Dricky
23/06/2005, 3:40 PM
exiled about 10 years but getting closer to Cork every move..... still get to see alot of matches though.

Conor H
23/06/2005, 3:52 PM
Ive been to every utd game this season but im away for a week at the moment and it's driving me mad caus im going to miss a trip to the brandywell :mad: but ill be back for the rest of the games both home and away :) but otherwise i live within 10 minutes of terryland :)

ccfcgirl
23/06/2005, 3:54 PM
NO.I live a 10 min walk from the cross.

centre mid
23/06/2005, 4:02 PM
No

Live about 10 mins ( drive ) from Bray, get all the home games - missed cork game as had to work though

Roo69
23/06/2005, 4:05 PM
No
I live ten minutes away from the Carlisle :ball:

Peadar
23/06/2005, 4:11 PM
Yes, I live and work in Bray, both within walking distance to the Carlisle Grounds.

So you're exiled in what way? :confused:

Anto McC
23/06/2005, 4:11 PM
No
I live the Dublins city centre slums

niamh
23/06/2005, 4:14 PM
Yup.
Nearly five years in Dublin at this stage, which is not so close to Turners Cross. :(

Drumcondra Red
23/06/2005, 4:34 PM
Nope, live around the corner from Tolka Park

exile
23/06/2005, 4:51 PM
exiled 10 years this year U.S dublin and finaly now will be settleing in greystones i get to see good deal of city matches and if they are not around id usual go watch bray :o :D

jofyisgod
23/06/2005, 5:28 PM
NO.I live a 10 min walk from the cross.
That close to Paradise...

YES-London... :ball:

De Town
23/06/2005, 5:48 PM
No. 5 minute drive from Flansiro.

dancinpants
23/06/2005, 6:25 PM
exiled 10 years this year U.S dublin and finaly now will be settleing in greystones i get to see good deal of city matches and if they are not around id usual go watch bray :o :D

Did you really need to answer that question? What with your username and all?

Yes...California.

Cosmo
23/06/2005, 6:31 PM
Living in phibsboro for the last year and a half (but aint too far away i suppose :o ).

Will probably be back living in drogheda in august - cant wait :rolleyes:

seansouth
23/06/2005, 6:32 PM
At the moment I am in Dublin.

Come August I'll be in Thailand, then Oz, then NZ then USA.

I'll be away for a year.

:D

Can't wait!!

brendy_éire
23/06/2005, 7:17 PM
At university in Belfast. It's a pain, I work every Friday. Taking a a night off means I lose a day's pay (£25), then I've the bus fare (£8) and ticket (£9), then whatever I spend on food. Not including the usual few pints after the game, going to a match costs me a minimum of £50. It's crap.

pete
23/06/2005, 8:31 PM
Over 5.5 year exiled in dublin. Away games are my home games with so many in striking distance of Dublin.

Maybe my imagination but seems like a huge amount of exiles?

bluemovie
23/06/2005, 8:43 PM
Yes, living in Dublin which makes me travel home every two weeks for RSC games. Me poor aul mother thinks I'm coming to see the family. 5 Dublin Premier clubs, Bray and Drogheda easy to get to. Last week, I went Dublin to Waterford (Fri), Waterford to Donegal (Sat), back on Sun, then back to Dublin Monday. Back to Waterford tomorrow. Beginning to doubt my sanity. :confused:

Éanna
23/06/2005, 11:48 PM
I added another option to the poll :) I was in college in Limerick for 4 years, one year of which was spent abroad. So I missed half of two seasons, one half i was in Spain, the other half i was in Germany. WhenI was in Limerick I never missed a home game, but found getting to away games a bit harder. Back in Cork now since September and loving it. Not sure how long it will last though.

(NO!)

Macy
24/06/2005, 7:17 AM
Maybe my imagination but seems like a huge amount of exiles?
Foot.ie - home to those "out of the loop" :D

KK77
24/06/2005, 8:34 AM
No

Crosby suburb of Liverpool previously of Dublin though!

drinkfeckarse
24/06/2005, 9:10 AM
10 years this year in Scotland. Not a Ramblers "die hard" by any means even though I'm born and bred there and played for them but I normally take a game in when I'm home if they are playing in St Colmans.

Have grown to like City too since I've been away which is strange because I used to hate them and had a few good battles with Declan Daly :D . Guess I just like to see any Cork team doing well. :)

Roo69
24/06/2005, 9:57 AM

Good man :D

Roo69
24/06/2005, 9:58 AM
Yes, living in Dublin which makes me travel home every two weeks for RSC games. Me poor aul mother thinks I'm coming to see the family. 5 Dublin Premier clubs, Bray and Drogheda easy to get to. Last week, I went Dublin to Waterford (Fri), Waterford to Donegal (Sat), back on Sun, then back to Dublin Monday. Back to Waterford tomorrow. Beginning to doubt my sanity. :confused:

Are you Cork Tom in disguise !

bluemovie
24/06/2005, 10:39 AM
Are you Cork Tom in disguise !

Tom the Gom??? :eek: No, but if the Blues go bust, I may be found trawling the grounds in 30 years time shouting 'United' and whinging about everyone else. :D

garykelly
24/06/2005, 10:53 AM
Beginning to doubt my sanity. :confused:

No your not insane :D . League needs lots me like you. all depends on ur view of sanity. people who say travelling to eircom league games is insane are the same ones turning around and going to a different country every weekend to watch 'their' team.

Partizan
24/06/2005, 11:18 AM
well, when I lived in Dublin (Jan - Aug 2003) it was great since It coincided with our promotion to the top flight which meant that I was able to go to 90% of the away games but only a small proportion of the home games since I knocked off work at 5 but couldnt make it down on time for the matches as the train left Hueston at 6.30 and would take 3 hours to get home.

My time in Bulgaria & Serbia (Sep 03 - May 04) meant that I missed a huge chunk of the 2003 season and the opening 3 months of the 2004 one. My time in UL did not prevent me from travelling home as the train to Waterford ran on a very convenient time.

Now that I've graduated from UL, I'll be job hunting so my sojourn will soon find me back in the Capital. If we are relegated I'm well and trully ****ed. :eek: Wouldnt mind working in C/\wk though. :D

At home at the mo so no problem going to home or away games.

yur man
24/06/2005, 2:39 PM
moving home in August from leicester county

no more radio listening/web watching :cool: