PDA

View Full Version : New manager

De Town
23/06/2005, 1:14 PM
according to btid, Waterfords new manager is Giles Cheevers (who are ya) :confused: until the end of the season

Reynolds signed for Shels, done and dusted apparently.

Anto McC
23/06/2005, 1:35 PM
If it not Cheevers,Who else is in the frame.

Scully
Dolan
Noel O'Conner
Noel King

joeSoap
23/06/2005, 1:46 PM
If it not Cheevers,Who else is in the frame.

Scully
Dolan
Noel O'Conner
Noel King

Scully....cos he's such a proven manager, right???
Dolan....obvious choice..depends whether he wants it or not..
Noel O'Connor...why would he leave the best job in Irish football? :D
Noel King...well, if ye want to develop a reputation as knackers, cheats and scumbags, maybe....

CollegeTillIDie
23/06/2005, 9:48 PM
according to btid, Waterfords new manager is Giles Cheevers (who are ya) :confused: until the end of the season

Reynolds signed for Shels, done and dusted apparently.

Giles Cheevers ex-Emfa(Kilkenny City's original name) , Cobh Ramblers and Waterford United goalkeeper, ran the bench for Reynolds for the past couple of seasons and was his assistant. This appointment has as it's merit continuity in that he already knows the players and has taken training sessions at times over the past couple of years.

CollegeTillIDie
23/06/2005, 9:50 PM
Scully....cos he's such a proven manager, right???
Dolan....obvious choice..depends whether he wants it or not..
Noel O'Connor...why would he leave the best job in Irish football? :D
Noel King...well, if ye want to develop a reputation as knackers, cheats and scumbags, maybe....

O'Connor himself in one of today's tabloids quoted as saying they should offer the gig to Dolan !

CollegeTillIDie
23/06/2005, 9:59 PM
Jimmy McGeough has not ruled out a return today in the papers.
Plus side he knows the club,and his problems were with Chairman O'Brien who has since departed.
Plus eile he knows how to run a team on a wage bill of a packet of crisps and a bottle of coke per person. This was how he won promotion from Division 1 in the first place. And those are the only wages Blues will be able to offer in the short term.

superfrank
23/06/2005, 10:26 PM
Wasn't Chivers in temp charge for the LC game? And they won that so he's already got a foot in the door.

-lamb-
24/06/2005, 12:19 AM
Jimmy McGeough has not ruled out a return today in the papers.
Plus side he knows the club,and his problems were with Chairman O'Brien who has since departed.
Plus eile he knows how to run a team on a wage bill of a packet of crisps and a bottle of coke per person. This was how he won promotion from Division 1 in the first place. And those are the only wages Blues will be able to offer in the short term.

i'll try to give the gist of what jimmy said about being linked with the job -
"never say never"
BUT ALSO
"it's the wrong timing"
"i have a job to finish with larne"
"this could be my last job before retiring and i'd like to see it through"

jimmy hasn't got a lot of money to work with at larne either but, saying that, we broke even last season and are debt free for the first time in many a year.
maybe if this had come up at another time he might have taken it but i think for now he will stay with us and hopefully wave his magic wand another while longer.

sligoman
24/06/2005, 12:30 AM
What about Don O'Riordan? He done a great job with us and Galway:rolleyes:and I'm sure he could do the same with ye :D

Conor H
24/06/2005, 12:35 AM
What about Don O'Riordan? He done a great job with us and Galway:rolleyes:and I'm sure he could do the same with ye :D

Oooo a great choice :D