PDA

View Full Version : Eamon Zayed

kevinito
22/06/2005, 11:18 AM
I think Eamon Zayed is the most underrated striker in the league and has the potential to score lots of goals for a club at the top end of the table. I would be delighted if City signed him.
Rico wants to take Stephen Grant out of retirement...will take him months to get match fit and I'm doubtful how committed he would be!

kevincronin2000
22/06/2005, 11:26 AM
took his goal well against city last week, but who ever we sign they are not gaurenteed first team football imo. I think grant would be in the same situation as Coughlan as he would need games to get match fit.

Dont think Zayed wants to move from the greater dublin area.

Hecko
22/06/2005, 11:39 AM
IMO either/both would be great additions. Zayed has real quality and could well push for a starting place as a regular goalscorer. Flynn/Behan/Zayed is a much more impressive combination than Crowe/Byrne/O'Neill.

Grant would be a fringe player, but would give a great option off the bench, especially in the air in game where we're struggling to break teams down.

Reckon we oculd get them for good value in terms of wages/fee fro Zayed as well.

Roo69
22/06/2005, 12:01 PM
IMO either/both would be great additions. Zayed has real quality and could well push for a starting place as a regular goalscorer. Flynn/Behan/Zayed is a much more impressive combination than Crowe/Byrne/O'Neill.

Grant would be a fringe player, but would give a great option off the bench, especially in the air in game where we're struggling to break teams down.

Reckon we oculd get them for good value in terms of wages/fee fro Zayed as well.

Zayed's Valuation would'nt be that far off Murphy's or Doyle's, plus if he was going to give up college and move down to Cork i'm sure he would want extremely good wages to do so. Ib would'nt be cheap by any means.

I would be very very surprised if this move was to happen.

I'd have to say that i would still prefer to have Crowe/Byrne/O'Neill over Flynn/Behan/Zayed, in a perfect worlkd it would be Crowe/Byrne/Zayed for Bray :D

Eamon still has a lot to learn put he is full of potential.

JackeenRebel
22/06/2005, 1:05 PM
What happened to Zayed proposed move to that Russian Team ??

Roo69
22/06/2005, 1:39 PM
What happened to Zayed proposed move to that Russian Team ??

That was a long time ago (Jan 04 i think), was only talk and nothing never happened. Wesley Chalres was supposed to move in pre-season but the Russian side pulled out at the last minute, he had been training with them in spain and played (and scored) in a friendly, the mamager wanted weso, the owner wanted big names so he bought some Latvian from Dunfirmline and a Russian from the MSL instead.