PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference

Pages : [1] 2

Neil
19/03/2002, 2:48 PM
Anyone know any details of the Cork City FC Press Conference being held in the Kingsley today...

Are these normally open to the public?

Pablo
19/03/2002, 2:50 PM
Aint press conferences used to break some news? oooooo i dare not even speculate...
where did this info come from?

pete
19/03/2002, 2:56 PM
Press Conference?

Are they announcing this years junket? :eek:

CCFC don't usually have press conferences unless something big. Has Gunther 'steped down for personal reasons'?

Are these normally open to the public?

Whose going to stop anyone from entering anyway is it. Most (i know i know) clubs would allow supporters into a press conference.........

Will there be a foot.ie correspondent at it..........?

James
19/03/2002, 2:58 PM
i'm sensing a disturbance in the force, a shifting of imoveable objects, so too speak,..

Pablo
19/03/2002, 3:04 PM
Dare we hope for the unthinkable?

Neil
19/03/2002, 3:07 PM
It seems it's actually a 'press release' after a CCFC meeting.

Pablo
19/03/2002, 3:16 PM
still.....it coul be...couldnt it? please? :)

dalo
19/03/2002, 3:30 PM
i reckon it could be about the floodlights or that city have been bought out by bill gates. still any info do tell us intrepid foot.ie reporters :cool:

A face
19/03/2002, 3:37 PM
i'd say not !!

James
19/03/2002, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i reckon it could be about the floodlights

nope doubt it

patsh
19/03/2002, 3:43 PM
Apparently, Cork City have decided to close Turner's Cross and move to a new stadium in Bishopstown.... :D
The Kingsley know nothing and are saying nothing....

dahamsta
19/03/2002, 3:44 PM
Joe knows but he's not telling, the selfish b'stard. :)

adam

Pablo
19/03/2002, 3:46 PM
Ah go on Joe....we'll keep it between ourselves ;)

James
19/03/2002, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Joe knows but he's not telling, the selfish b'stard. :)

the baastad.. wonder what it is ;)

Pablo
19/03/2002, 3:54 PM
So what time is it on? or did they forget to tell the press that little detail? :)

A face
19/03/2002, 3:55 PM
http://www.eveningecho.com/

Pablo
19/03/2002, 4:03 PM
Evening Echo? theres nothing on it except a message board.................

A face
19/03/2002, 4:15 PM
I am only stirring it up ...... there will be an article in the paper tonight AFAIK. that should tell us all. 'Tis fairly big news from what i hear.

Pablo
19/03/2002, 4:20 PM
Anyone get the paper? Let me know will ye??? my nose is itchy!

James
19/03/2002, 4:39 PM
really face, cause i hear it aint that big .. but news it surely is none the less ;) ;)

Pablo
19/03/2002, 4:45 PM
Your all wind up merchants the lot of ye :)

A face
19/03/2002, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by James
really face, cause i hear it aint that big .. but news it surely is none the less

Sheeze James, i wont be too casual about it. If you are guessing what i am guessing then i'd say it big enough.

James
19/03/2002, 4:47 PM
i aint guessing nothing face :D

A face
19/03/2002, 4:48 PM
OK .... then you have heard it so !! Is it better or worse !!

Pablo
19/03/2002, 4:50 PM
i'll never belive another word ye say :)

James
19/03/2002, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by A face
OK .... then you have heard it so !! Is it better or worse !!

that depends on how much and how much of what u know face.
beter or worse then what ? ;)

but if its what i think u think it is then its worse or is that better
depends on your point of view i suppose

Pablo
19/03/2002, 4:55 PM
:mad:

Neil
19/03/2002, 5:24 PM
The piece in the Echo is about Niall O'Sullivan and Noel O'Mahoney stepping down from their positions on the Board.

Brian Lennox now seems to own the club, but is still vice-chairman.

Stephen O'Callaghan and Mick Healy, of the Supporters Club were also quoted in the Echo, mainly complaining about the hoofing and the clubs lack of professionalism.

Chairman Michael O'Leary responded by saying that CCFC are looking for another investor and that they hope to go more professional on and off the field. They are also trying to come up with plans to promote the club.

Announcement from the club tomorrow.

pete
19/03/2002, 5:32 PM
So O'leary will soon be Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, and tea-boy.

:eek:

I wonder if anyone willing to join the Board?

Hows about club members owning the club like Bohs?

mouldymurphy
19/03/2002, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by Neil

i wonder will it be the same type of announcement that they released after the marney affair that seemed to be wrote in invisable ink :D

dahamsta
19/03/2002, 5:55 PM

They should put it on their website. :)

adam

fonzi
19/03/2002, 8:10 PM
is ronald mc donnald going to get promoted to city team leader or something?

Jim Smith
19/03/2002, 8:17 PM
...that there seems to have been a sudden increase in traffic on the footie site :D

A face
19/03/2002, 9:14 PM
And i think it should be better, one sole owner delegating the work and making sure it is done. Thats the way it should work, it will be easier than having a board meeting everytime something goes wrong or something needs doing .... What does everyone else think.

dahamsta
19/03/2002, 10:14 PM
Why's he keeping Michael O'Leary on as Chair then? Doesn't that strike anyone as odd? Doesn't the whole thing strike anyone as odd? Am I the only suspicious b'stard here?

adam

A face
19/03/2002, 10:53 PM
Why's he keeping Michael O'Leary on as Chair then? Doesn't that strike anyone as odd? Doesn't the whole thing strike anyone as odd? Am I the only suspicious b'stard here?

adam

Tóg go bog é, he is only in charge five minutes, the cups have barely gone cold in the Kingsley. Time will tell

James
19/03/2002, 11:11 PM

adam

far be it for me not to be suspicious
i smell a rat :D

Éanna
20/03/2002, 9:04 AM
i am actually heartened by this development. I think brian lennox is a guy who cares about city and as far as fans are concerned, he has a pretty decent record when it comes to approachability.

dalo
20/03/2002, 9:09 AM
perhaps he could throw a few free chicken suppers to the players after the game.

i guess we will wait and see. a lot of this stuff could be cosmetic.

btw what were the comments of the ccfcsc in all this

dalo
20/03/2002, 9:11 AM

adam

i presume when or if the brickbats are hurled at the club it will be o'leary who is the receipent. it allows brian lennox to stay in the background but still pull the strings.

lennox is the commander-in-chief now whtaever you look at it

Éanna
20/03/2002, 9:20 AM
from mmm.eircom.ie:

eircom League news
Lennox takes over Cork City
Brian Lennox has been handed control of Cork City FC in a gentle takeover which will mark a new departure for the Leesiders.

Currently a vice-president, Lennox will assume full control of Cork City at the end of the current season following a unanimous decision by the Board to hand over control.

"This is a very exciting day for me and for Cork City FC . I'm excited about driving the club forward towards the achievement of its full potential," claimed Lennox.

Liam Murphy will stay for the next two years, with the club ready to honour the new deal signed after City were eliminated from the FAI Cup.
"My vision of Cork City FC is for an organisation at the heart of the community offering the best young Irish football talent the opportunity to ply their trade at home."

Éanna
20/03/2002, 9:21 AM
like I said, I feel it's a good development for the club, but how does he expect us to develop withthat MUPPET as manager.

dalo
20/03/2002, 9:25 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
from mmm.eircom.ie:

"My vision of Cork City FC is for an organisation at the heart of the community offering the best young Irish football talent the opportunity to ply their trade at home."

all very well brian' nice soundbyte there but how does he hope to acheive it. that is the real kernal of the matter.

furthermore with liam still there and our season collasping around our ears how does the manager propose to move things forward_

Éanna
20/03/2002, 9:28 AM
have to agree with you there dalo. Murphy HAS to go.

dalo
20/03/2002, 9:36 AM
well it´s either that or explain precisely how the team under his management are to move forward. does he have a plan A or a plan B_

personally i would like to see liam step down and focus on the youth and underage stuff. he tried his best but it is obvious the shortcomings are now exposed.

it is time for a outsider to step in (though not don o'riordan or a colin murphy clone). maybe pat dolan might join up now

will there be any more concrete annoucements from lennox or is that it?

Ali-G
20/03/2002, 10:39 AM
I reckon Kelvin is kicking himself now that he left since his all-time hero has taken over at City. His stomach must have been rumbling as he read the echo last night

dalo
20/03/2002, 10:41 AM
good old kelvin he was a one man cottage industry' they didn´t call him beefy for nothing :D

Éanna
20/03/2002, 10:42 AM
pity he left. we really needed a grafter like him recently. good decision to let him go Liam. Well done :rolleyes:

dalo
20/03/2002, 10:53 AM
ah id don't know about kelvin. he was pretty poor at times. his best season was in 1998-1999.

one player who we should replace (note my wording) is buckley

Éanna
20/03/2002, 10:57 AM
we could have done with having kelvin (at least in the squad) recently. Bucks seems to be out of sorts, although he normally out of position too.