PDA

View Full Version : multiposts removed

paul_oshea
23/03/2021, 8:46 AM
On how highly Bazunu is rated I would say hes far from just another academy player. How many 18 year old keepers in Premiership youth teams are out on loan in English lower leagues. Usually that doesnt happen until they are older. To me it looks like they are grooming him from a very early age because they rate him so highly. He was voted Rochdale Fans player of the month recently I believe.

We'll get a look at him Im sure in the next week whether its Serbia or Qatar. Travers scares me much more than Bazunu for some reason

Only because you've seen and heard more of Travers. He's been more relevant cos hes been in the media for more bad than good and most recently its been more bad.
No one really pays any attention to the lower leagues.

paul_oshea
23/03/2021, 8:48 AM
That's basically my life motto.

Conor Grant actually seems to get more hype than Bazunu does from Rochdale fans, Bazunu makes some amazing saves and doesn't have too many howlers but I've seen a fair amount of criticism of his distribution and his command of his penalty area. On the plus side he'll have got about two season's worth of experience in the space of a season playing behind that Rochdale defence.

I would definitely pick Travers. He's a year or two ahead of Bazunu in terms of development and even though Bazunu may end up being the better keeper in the long term Travers is the safer option this week. It sounded like he was very solid at Swindon during his short spell there.

Its called managing expectations.

We can only hope that Travers games is the one where he isn't inconsistent and making clangers. Then replace him for the Lux game and Qatar is irrelevant, ride your luck : D