PDA

View Full Version : Ever been barred from a site?

Cosmo
21/06/2005, 4:49 PM
As above

I'm barred from Derry Citys website (i think) - never got an email telling me i was barred though (didnt think i deserved to get barred either).

Drumcondra Red
21/06/2005, 4:57 PM
Yeah, tried to seel Bryan Adams tickets on boards.ie and now I can't see the ticket section without logging out! So I guess you could say I'm half barred!

jofyisgod
21/06/2005, 5:19 PM
Yeah, tried to seel Bryan Adams tickets on boards.ie and now I can't see the ticket section without logging out! So I guess you could say I'm half barred!

In fairness that's clever of them. Why are people on the web getting so tetchy re: Ticket selling nowadays?

superfrank
21/06/2005, 5:20 PM
As above

I'm barred from Derry Citys website (i think) - never got an email telling me i was barred though (didnt think i deserved to get barred either).
What did you do? Or think you did?

I got banned from BBC 606 for cursing too much and "inciting rival fans" I just got a new email and went back so no trouble.

jofyisgod
21/06/2005, 5:28 PM
I just got a new email and went back so no trouble.

You couldn't do that here you see, because Adam knows, and sees, everything we do...FACT :eek: ;)

(He doesn't really, he just knows lots about IP Adresses, etc.) :p

paul_oshea
21/06/2005, 5:47 PM
(He doesn't really, he just knows lots about IP Adresses, etc.)

its all done through the admin console, so its quite easy, you can ban ip addresses, subnet masks etc.

jofyisgod
21/06/2005, 5:51 PM
its all done through the admin console, so its quite easy, you can ban ip addresses, subnet masks etc.

Ah I see. They're not as intelligent as they make out :D

pete
21/06/2005, 5:58 PM
I could never admit to getting a ban ;)

jofyisgod
21/06/2005, 6:00 PM
Pete-Don't post ever again. Look at your post count-this must be preserved forever-Posts:8,888 !!

Risteard
21/06/2005, 10:45 PM
foot.ie
Something about my e-mail adress expiring i think.
It wouldn't accept the same address when i renewed it.

dahamsta
22/06/2005, 1:03 AM
I've been temp-banned from a wide range of forums on Boards.ie: Humanities, Feedback, Politics, Security, Web Hosting. Was tempted to leave in a flame of glory just short of 10,000 posts, but decided against at the last minute.

adam

brendy_éire
22/06/2005, 2:45 AM
Got banned from irishleagueforums.net. Have no idea why. Recently however, they're unbanned me. :confused:

Plastic Paddy
22/06/2005, 5:45 AM
Banned from www.followfollow.com - not that I take it personally, as it's just an occupational hazard in one of my pursuits... ;)

:ball: PP

Cosmo
22/06/2005, 7:24 AM
What did you do? Or think you did?

I got banned from BBC 606 for cursing too much and "inciting rival fans" I just got a new email and went back so no trouble.

Well I think it was over their a license crap. I couldnt stand them thinking they were great with their a license (and also for trying to get us kicked out of the league a couple of seasons previously which ill never forgive or forget) so questioned why they should get one when they dont allow the security forces into the ground (i know exceptional circumstances, etc). For example, if any club down here said they wouldnt let the guards into the ground, surely they'd be ruled out for an a license.

Wasnt been too smart, was actually trying to debate it and they just couldnt see my point and obviously just barred me :eek:

Macy
22/06/2005, 7:36 AM
I've been banned, "Macy" hasn't though ;) :D

Poor Student
22/06/2005, 9:51 AM
Banned from www.followfollow.com - not that I take it personally, as it's just an occupational hazard in one of my pursuits... ;)

Those not at a lower scale of the evolutionary chain tend to be unwanted there.

dcfcsteve
22/06/2005, 10:44 AM
Well I think it was over their a license crap. I couldnt stand them thinking they were great with their a license (and also for trying to get us kicked out of the league a couple of seasons previously which ill never forgive or forget) so questioned why they should get one when they dont allow the security forces into the ground (i know exceptional circumstances, etc). For example, if any club down here said they wouldnt let the guards into the ground, surely they'd be ruled out for an a license.

Wasnt been too smart, was actually trying to debate it and they just couldnt see my point and obviously just barred me :eek:

Cosmo - you know full-well why the British security forces/PSNI aren't brought in to police our ground on match day. Either that or you're naive and stupid.

So if you already know the answer, why were you asking it ? The fact that you did so - particularly, as you've admitted above, in the context of you having a gripe with Derry - confirms that you were just being spiteful and petty. I'd nothing to do with you being banned, but if you go on a site deliberately looking to stir up trouble because of a grudge then you shouldn't be surprised if you do get barred.

Regardless - to tackle your question for you. Ignoring the well-known politics of why the PSNI don't staff our ground, the simple fact is that they're not needed. Our stewarding is recognised by the FAI, PSNI and UEFA as being of a high standard. The PSNI themselves are fully aware of how we supervise the ground on matchdays (they have in the past had plain clothes officers in-attendance to check us out) and have given their blessing. Both the Fai and UEFA also know how we operate, and our fine with it - which is why we don't even need police for European matches. But sure - you'd know better than all of them anyway...

To be brutally honest with you, the PSNI are bloody glad they don't have to sit and watch us play every 2 weeks !

So stop trying to give it the 'why was I banned/butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' innocent nonsense. You went into the site looking to stir up trouble over a contenious issue you already know the answer to, and all because of a petty gripe about us over licensing. Surprise, surprise - it got you banned.....

P.S. Any of your players taken a p!ss in front of a packed stand at away games recently these days...? :eek: :D

Macy
22/06/2005, 10:55 AM
Our stewarding is recognised by the FAI, PSNI and UEFA as being of a high standard.
Think Harps fans might disagree....

Derry's biggest problem was Jim Roddy getting all high and fookin mighty about other clubs with regard to licences and debts, whilst Derry themselves having their own exemptions (and not all of them "political") because they're in a different jurisdiction and blatantly ignoring Derry's own financial past.

Cosmo
22/06/2005, 11:10 AM
And thats a very valid point, some Harps supporters do disagree!!

'Cosmo - you know full-well why the British security forces/PSNI aren't brought in to police our ground on match day. Either that or you're naive and stupid.'

Yeah I know well why and never asked why but my point was how can an A license be given when the security forces aren't allowed police the ground (its a different point all together)

I think Macy has sumed up what I meant by :

'Derry's biggest problem was Jim Roddy getting all high and fookin mighty about other clubs with regard to licences and debts, whilst Derry themselves having their own exemptions'

If you were a neutral reading my posts, you'd see I wasn't stiring it (just you guys are really sensitive about it - and rightfully so, i aint taking a dig at ye for that). Was making the point that I couldn't see how an a license was given when the secuity forces weren't allowed in - i never once asked why they werent allowed in. Was also questioning something like using the terrace for some match when it was supposed to be closed off as part of your a license, Thats all

btw since then our players have got potty trained and are now capable of using the jacks :o .

Bottom line is I has very harshly banned imo :eek:

Drumcondra Red
22/06/2005, 11:19 AM
In fairness that's clever of them. Why are people on the web getting so tetchy re: Ticket selling nowadays?

I wouldn't mind but I didn't even break any rules I was looking for €60 for 2! Good deal I thought, anyway boards must've taken it personally!!!

dcfcsteve
22/06/2005, 11:21 AM
Think Harps fans might disagree....

They're welcome to do so, but they're facts. Or are you trying to say the PSNI don't know how we steward games and aren't happy with the arrangements ? Or that UEFA haven't allowed us to play in Europe without any police present ? Or that the FAI want police at the ground ? Would be interesting to hear your insights on all of this - the only people who disagree with facts tend to be flat-earthists/village idiots...

Derry's biggest problem was Jim Roddy getting all high and fookin mighty about other clubs with regard to licences and debts, whilst Derry themselves having their own exemptions (and not all of them "political") because they're in a different jurisdiction and blatantly ignoring Derry's own financial past.

I hear what you're saying. But this thread is about getting banned from sites, and Cosmo came on playing all innocent about getting banned from the Derry site.

Taking it off topic for a moment to answer your point - I appreciate that Jim should probably have been a bit more gratious in his approach to us being the only club awarded an 'A License' but nothing he said was actually wrong. What was the point in Derry spending money to secure an A license - which we did, to the detriment of the funding availble for our squad - and then suffering a very medicore season, whilst other teams ignored the rules, spent little or no money on addressing their requirements, failed on all or some of the licensing points and got an on-the-pitch benefit as a result. It was a classic FAI fudge of bringing in meaningless rules that Derry were stupid enough to take at face value. The core truth of what he said cannot be ignored - regardless of how he said it or how much people didn't want to hear it.

As for us having exemptiosn because we're in a different jurisdiction, it cuts both ways you know. Unlike southern teams, we have to pay VAT on our gate receipts, so out like-for-like income is lower. So it isn't all rosey in the Brandywell garden.... . Anyways - if you lot hadsn't sold us out in 1921 to create your own wee nirvana, then we wouldn't have issues with beign in a different jurisdiction.... :p :D

As for blatantly ignoring our financial past - when was it ignored ? Like most EL clubs at some time or other, we were in financial bother a few years back. That was, ironically, due to a tax demand from the Northern authorities. We didn't go bankrupt, shirk our debts, sell our stadium to developers/the Fai, go into administration, or fail to pay our players. The club and the fans fund-raised our way out of it, learned from the lesson, and have been on a very strong financial footing ever since. So what exactly was wrong with all of that then....?

Cosmo
22/06/2005, 11:28 AM
'and Cosmo came on playing all innocent about getting banned'

I am innocent :)

dcfcsteve
22/06/2005, 11:32 AM
'and Cosmo came on playing all innocent about getting banned'

I am innocent :)

Yawn.....

To paraphrase Shawshank Redemption - isn't eveyone who's banned.... ? :confused: :p :D

paul_oshea
22/06/2005, 12:03 PM
to paraphrase dumb n dumber:

"that john denver is full of **** man..."

"ya i expected the rockys to be a little rockier than this"

Cosmo
22/06/2005, 12:09 PM
'Yawn.....'

I am I'm telling you :)

Troy.McClure
22/06/2005, 1:18 PM
I wouldn't mind but I didn't even break any rules I was looking for €60 for 2! Good deal I thought, anyway boards must've taken it personally!!!

I think that it was more coz it was for Bryan Adams! :p

Of course not Pete :p

PS How's Gunther getting along these days? :D

OwlsFan
24/06/2005, 11:33 AM
Banned from www.followfollow.com - not that I take it personally, as it's just an occupational hazard in one of my pursuits... ;) :ball: PP

Me too. Just said that Rangers need Celtic and vice versa. Gone in a blink :D

sylvo
25/06/2005, 8:54 PM

I got banned from it as well, spent an hour on a rampage, got a load of them fighting amongst themselves, great craic.

Gerrit
26/06/2005, 5:19 PM
I can no longer log in on a Belgian goth forum, but never saw my name as being banned so I think it must be a technical issue... TBH I do not know my password anymore for sure...

Never banned anywhere so far AFAIK.

But when my team Ostend beat giants Anderlecht last season, the Anderlecht fans were ridiculising and insulting the club and city of Ostend and its inhabitants. They labelled us as a "joke side", "anti-football" and all of that, but also they labelled the locals as "a special race around we should build a wall so that they cannot bother us anymore". The city, where some of them spend their annual summer holidays nota bene, was labelled as a "stinking polluted hole" :rolleyes: Of course we, the Ostend supporters, wanted to react to this so we tried to register at the Anderlecht boards. But during registration you must indicate your favourite club, and everyone who entered "Ostend" or a slight mis-spelling of the name, was refused boards membership.
So you can state I was sort of banned from the forum without ever having entered it :D

Plastic Paddy
26/06/2005, 5:52 PM
Gerrit, you can year virtual eyeliner as long as you want round here. We never judge. Just so long as it's not royal blue or orange... ;)

Jon'o
27/06/2005, 4:30 PM
Did anyone ever get banned from ourweeminds or did they just enjoy the attention and a bit of a moan?

MariborKev
27/06/2005, 6:29 PM
Cosmo

I was talking to the Site Admin last night and he didn't ban you- he doesn't reckon that mods have the power to ban people so he will get back to you and hopefully a resolution can be found

sylvo
27/06/2005, 6:56 PM
Did anyone ever get banned from ourweeminds or did they just enjoy the attention and a bit of a moan?

Davros went on there, and by the looks of things they were glad of the attention.

Green Tribe
27/06/2005, 7:15 PM
Davros went on there, and by the looks of things they were glad of the attention.

Heard about that, I think he enjoyed it himself..... :D

Cosmo
28/06/2005, 8:44 AM
So im not barred so :) !! Great stuff - Maribor i think ye have my email (if ye dont have it handy let me know), if ye wouldnt mind passing it on to him and see what the craic is!!

So dcfcsteve I was in my right to come on here acting all innocent ;) :D

Gareth
28/06/2005, 8:49 AM
Never been barred to the best of my knowledge but I have barred people. Its kinda an annoying thing to do as you always want to maintain a level of interesting debate on these boards (I'm obviously the Shels admin) but some people are just the limit.

dcfcsteve
28/06/2005, 10:20 AM
So im not barred so :) !! Great stuff - Maribor i think ye have my email (if ye dont have it handy let me know), if ye wouldnt mind passing it on to him and see what the craic is!!

So dcfcsteve I was in my right to come on here acting all innocent ;) :D

Innocent of being banned.

Guilty of actin' the maggott...... :p

I think we're gonna have to have you policed on the forum....... :D

Éanna
28/06/2005, 10:34 AM
I think we're gonna have to have you policed on the forum....... :D
stewarded surely.....

Cosmo
30/06/2005, 11:03 AM
Back of derry site today - great stuff - so that means ive never been barred from a site :p

Cheers Maribor :) !!