PDA

View Full Version : Flannery is out

garykelly
21/06/2005, 2:14 PM
Sean Flannery will miss the crucial top of the league game against Cobh on Saturday. He's been suspended for accumulating 4 yellow cards and receives a one match ban effective from Wednesday. This is according to irishfootballonline.com

He'll probably be playing against Longford tonight so. Wonder who'll play up front on Sat ? S O'Donnell ??? Alvarez ??? Bellew (would be nice but prob not gonna happen) will be interesting to see. pity sean is out. esp since both he and mctiernan have clicked and getting good reward up front.

gustavo
21/06/2005, 2:29 PM
id imagine stevie o donell going up front with raf going right wing

sligoman
21/06/2005, 3:15 PM
I would say O'Donnell will be taking his rightful place back up front and Cretaro on the right wing with Gallagher :o in right back

roversforever
21/06/2005, 11:22 PM
I would say O'Donnell will be taking his rightful place back up front
up front is not his rightful place.....he's a midfielder,not a striker.

sligoman
21/06/2005, 11:28 PM
up front is not his rightful place.....he's a midfielder,not a striker.

No roversforever he's a striker, so is Flannery and so is McTiernan. Sean has been playing him in midfield. I know he can play in both positions but I think he is better up front alongside McT.

roversforever
21/06/2005, 11:30 PM
No roversforever he's a striker, so is Flannery and so is McTiernan. Sean has been playing him in midfield. I know he can play in both positions but I think he is better up front alongside McT.
we'll have to agree to differ!i see him as a midfielder!!

sligoman
21/06/2005, 11:34 PM
we'll have to agree to differ!i see him as a midfielder!!

Fair enough so :D . I think he is good in midfield too, dont get me wrong, but I just think he has done a lot better when he's up front. Also, he is taking Raf's spot in midfield too, and Raf has been moved to right back, taking Gallagher's spot, I know that a good thing but would still prefer to see Raf in right midfield and O'Donnell up front, remember last season, O'Donnell was our top scorer ;) .

Rory H
22/06/2005, 10:01 AM
flynn probably.....would prefer alvarez though....

garykelly
22/06/2005, 10:04 AM
flynn probably.....would prefer alvarez though....

is flynn playing u-21's or what ? seems to be very little about him yet he's further up the order than bellew. I'd prefer to see a 27 goal striker in the team. dont care what age he is. good enough is old enough.

Rory H
22/06/2005, 10:15 AM
flynn plays u21 i think....you are right about bellew but he wont play him...he hasnt played enough u21 yet....

i thought bellew would play vrs malahide but again no....

i dont want flynn to play..or alvarez to be honest..id put o donnell in the centre and foley up front..raf on the right then....

maybe someone will ask about bellew in the online chat

roversforever
22/06/2005, 5:21 PM
is flynn playing u-21's or what ? seems to be very little about him yet he's further up the order than bellew. I'd prefer to see a 27 goal striker in the team. dont care what age he is. good enough is old enough.how on earth could you put the young lad in for his debut in a big game like this?no chance.

gustavo
23/06/2005, 8:57 AM
bellew is good enough for the u 18s at the moment sure he may be brilliant but now isnt the time . next season though he may break through,

Rory H
23/06/2005, 9:55 AM
steven o donnell out for saturday too....

garykelly
23/06/2005, 11:21 PM
how on earth could you put the young lad in for his debut in a big game like this?no chance.

i wasnt refering to this specific game :confused: i meant for a lesser game to see what he can do. and i wouldnt put a young lad in for his debut. i'm not the manager :D