PDA

View Full Version : James McCarthy (M Crystal Palace b.1990)

Bielsa´s irish
13/03/2021, 2:40 PM
rested today, a big favor from Roy. James will lead l'equipe in Serbia

Fizzer
13/03/2021, 2:45 PM
This is hardly Crosby on a massively elaborate wind-up?

Bielsa´s irish
13/03/2021, 3:19 PM

oh no im positive, rested by Roy it's a favor. Groin injury is tricky butyou can heal it in 15/20 days .

Diggs246
13/03/2021, 5:21 PM
rested today, a big favor from Roy. James will lead l'equipe in Serbia
....and that's a yellow card #tets

tetsujin1979
13/03/2021, 5:46 PM
rested today, a big favor from Roy. James will lead l'equipe in Serbia I'm going to need to see some evidence of this

Bielsa´s irish
13/03/2021, 6:26 PM
check it out next Thursday afternoon once the Kenny's next roster is published

tetsujin1979
13/03/2021, 7:46 PM
check it out next Thursday afternoon once the Kenny's next roster is published
If he's not in the squad, are you willing to take a week's suspension?

Bottle of Tonic
14/03/2021, 10:27 PM
What do you mean are you willing? You are the mod and you wield the banhammer as you see fit. Don't challenge the lad does he want to be banned if he doesn't produce some nonsense 'evidence' on an opionon based Internet forum.

He may be on the wind up, it doesn't matter a fook really. He just talks football in a maverick style whether it's genuine or some lad having a laugh opinions are like arseholes at the end of the day. I've seen many a worse plague on forums in my time.

I find the constant picking at Bi's posts worse to read than some of his fantasy stuff which is only a bit of craic at the end of the day.

tetsujin1979
15/03/2021, 12:07 AM
Everyone gets a chance to defend their opinion before they get punished for it. BI has a day to either take a week's suspension if McCarthy is not included in the squad, or retract his post

Snapshot
15/03/2021, 12:15 AM
Everyone gets a chance to defend their opinion before they get punished for it. BI has a day to either take a week's suspension if McCarthy is not included in the squad, or retract his post
Petty.

osarusan
15/03/2021, 3:19 AM
I have assumed that since the very start.

Bielsa´s irish
15/03/2021, 3:59 AM
I have assumed that since the very start.

What do you mean are you willing? You are the mod and you wield the banhammer as you see fit. Don't challenge the lad does he want to be banned if he doesn't produce some nonsense 'evidence' on an opionon based Internet forum.

He may be on the wind up, it doesn't matter a fook really. He just talks football in a maverick style whether it's genuine or some lad having a laugh opinions are like arseholes at the end of the day. I've seen many a worse plague on forums in my time.

I find the constant picking at Bi's posts worse to read than some of his fantasy stuff which is only a bit of craic at the end of the day.

Thanks!!!
, it is clear that because im not an irish native, I cant provide my point of view, like with this Jamie McGrath in Scotland, for me he is the best player In that league, based on merit and OF COURSE, for the small team he plays for.

On James Mc I will hope he plays , otherwise we are gonna be doomed in Serbia. in my opinion, he is our best player alongside Coleman, those 2 must play every game for Ireland, for the next 2/4 years. Bring the kids, Ronan, Connolly, Cullen, O'shea, Manning, lee o'connor plus these 2 guys we are a bit ok.

I dont cheat and I dont laugh about this forum, Thiese are my views, one thing I have notice about irish fans over the years is their new "low tolerance to frustration" "all the players are crap" support the team change that attitude the so called "best fans in the world".

Of course its gonna be 20 years without a WC it is only 5 WC's. But this frustration is getting on.

DCWA
15/03/2021, 7:58 AM

Petty.

I have to concur with both of these opinions.

BI talks some nonsense no doubt but as a relatively new member seeing mods/senior members basically jump down his throat with talk of bans, infractions whatever every time is as BoT says more annoying to read than any of his posts. That’s what makes it look really farcical.

CraftyToePoke
15/03/2021, 10:01 AM
He's a superwum lads. Ye are all getting played here :) massively. Including tets by rationally engaging with his non league Crosby level spamming. Crosby had a bit of invention and style, IMO this isn't him. But it is a wum. None so blind as those who refuse to see etc.

DCWA
15/03/2021, 10:28 AM
Of course it is a wum. That is irrelevant really so are a lot of posters and indeed almost all of us do it at sometimes. The admin hounding of him is a lot more annoying to read than his **** taking though and asking someone to provide evidence of an opinion that someone is the best player in a certain league or threatening with a ban if a certain player doesn’t get called up to the squad is really playing into his hands as it makes it even more nonsensical.

In it’s own way entertaining to be fair as I now look forward to Thursday mainly to see if BI is getting a week ban.

Diggs246
15/03/2021, 10:38 AM
Bi biggest crime is his unfunness. The only thing that is mildly funny is when he forgets he is argentinian and posts in clear and accurate English

osarusan
15/03/2021, 11:37 AM

Punished for opinions? Jesus that's ridiculous.

If I say i think there's a good chance X player will be in the next squad, and he turns out not get into it, will I be punished?

Diggs246
15/03/2021, 11:49 AM

If I say i think there's a good chance X player will be in the next squad, and he turns out not get into it, will I be punished?

but its not really his opinion, he said Roy Hodson is resting James McCarthy for us as a favor! If that's a mistake no problem, but he know its ******

osarusan
15/03/2021, 12:00 PM
but its not really his opinion, he said Roy Hodson is resting James McCarthy for us as a favor! If that's a mistake no problem, but he know its ******

I didn't think he meant it literally as in Hodgson is consciously doing Ireland/Kenny a favour, rather that a decison he made based on his own team might have the side-effect of benefitting us.

In the same way somebody might say that 'getting knocked out of the cup so early actually did us a favour in making our end of season easier'.

And simply McCarthy making the squad wouldn't prove his opinion/claim right or wrong either way, only a comment from Hodgson would do that.

Anyway, I don't really care about the poster, they're a fairly unoriginal wum as far as I can see, but if your going to ban them, ban them for that, not for 'opinions'.

Diggs246
15/03/2021, 12:10 PM
I didn't think he meant it literally as in Hodgson is consciously doing Ireland/Kenny a favour, rather that a decison he made based on his own team might have the side-effect of benefitting us.

In the same way somebody might say that 'getting knocked out of the cup so early actually did us a favour in making our end of season easier'.

And simply McCarthy making the squad wouldn't prove his opinion/claim right or wrong either way, only a comment from Hodgson would do that.

Anyway, I don't really care about the poster, they're a fairly unoriginal wum as far as I can see, but if your going to ban them, ban them for that, not for 'opinions'.

I think the real issue is he is Irish and is pretending to be Argentinian, and his WUM isn't opinion, its to annoy and irritate. As I said if he was funny then no problem. If he was just posting once or twice a week no problem again, but hes all over every thread everyday.

John83
15/03/2021, 12:12 PM
I didn't think he meant it literally...
Yeah, we all do that. BI does it a lot and ****es people off, e.g. the "stats prove him the best player in Scotland" has turned into an opinion now. Tets is sitting on him for it, and he'll get banned if he doesn't cop on. Yes, it's annoying to read, but the alternative is to just ban him outright, which seems a bit harsh in the off chance he's not a WUM. Just leave Tets at it. It'll all resolve one way or another soon enough.

tetsujin1979
15/03/2021, 12:17 PM

I should have said punished for his assertions without proof. It was 1am and I've barely slept in the last few days.
He's been punished for doing that before, repeatedly, and still does it.

Snapshot
15/03/2021, 12:35 PM
Yeah, we all do that. BI does it a lot and ****es people off, e.g. the "stats prove him the best player in Scotland" has turned into an opinion now. Tets is sitting on him for it, and he'll get banned if he doesn't cop on. Yes, it's annoying to read, but the alternative is to just ban him outright, which seems a bit harsh in the off chance he's not a WUM. Just leave Tets at it. It'll all resolve one way or another soon enough.

I suggested Matt Doherty be played in midfield. Tetsujin1979 gives me one day to provide statistics to back it up! There's a job waiting for him in Myanmar.

John83
15/03/2021, 12:47 PM
I'm not going to look it up, but I think you said something far stronger than that.

geysir
15/03/2021, 1:12 PM
Who'd've thought, that one day a Teletubbie called Dipsy would learn to type, pass himself off as an Argentitnian and bring down the internet.

CraftyToePoke
15/03/2021, 1:30 PM
Who'd've thought, that one day a Teletubbie called Dipsy would learn to type, pass himself off as an Argentitnian and bring down the internet.

In a nutshell, geysir. You are correct, its rare but today you are.
And he used they system to do it, turned the system on itself and the old timers against the long serving mod.
A credit to his profession, Argentina is proud this day.

SkStu
15/03/2021, 1:37 PM
And he used they system to do it, turned the system on itself and the old timers against the long serving mod.

I put that down to pun-gate.

Snapshot
15/03/2021, 1:48 PM
I'm not going to look it up, but I think you said something far stronger than that.

In the interest of fairness, please look it up (P4 Post #77) on the Ireland v Serbia, Luxembourg and Qatar thread. You make an early cameo yourself (P4 Post #78). It culminates on Page 6 (Post #103). You will also note the "strong" comments from others aimed at me - for the crime of suggesting Doherty would do a good job in midfield.

dahamsta
15/03/2021, 2:18 PM
Closing this thread for cleanup.