PDA

View Full Version : Let's do a Birmingham

Hecko
21/06/2005, 10:49 AM
Rumours (presumably with foundation) that Ratnolds is on his way back are now being printed in the meejah...

I think this would be a really bad move. We don't need in football or any other sense - let him go to $hels or Rovers IMO :mad:

Should we tell the club what we think?

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17841

patsh
21/06/2005, 10:54 AM
What is "doing a Birmingham"?????:confused:

Hecko
21/06/2005, 10:58 AM
This week, Birminghma City fans seem to have stopped Steve Bruce buying Lee Bowyer by protesting to Karen Brady and the board of the club that they didn't want his type of player associated with their club.

IMO this is a great sign of fan power. We have (after a bit of bother ;) ) now got a great atmosphere at the club. IF (and Let's see what happens) the club are serious about going in for Ratnolds I think it woul be a disaster...and we should think about doing something about it

patsh
21/06/2005, 11:19 AM
Oh right.

Well I'm certainly going to email the club so.

Thanks.

Hibs4Ever
21/06/2005, 11:30 AM
The Birmingham fan who started the campaign is gone into hiding. Majority of Brummie fans against what he done as it will scare off future signings

patsh
21/06/2005, 11:41 AM
Well I've emailed the club, I strongly feel that Reynolds should not be allowed anywhere near our club.

Hecko
21/06/2005, 11:54 AM
Me too. Have full confidence in Brian and Damo, but reckon this would be a bad move. I should have said that the Brum fans seem to have gone a bit overboard and even Reynolds isn't in the Bowyer league. But a polite mail from fans who feel strongly can't do any harm

Macy
21/06/2005, 11:57 AM
I think it's pathetic tbh. I mean I wouldn't exactly welcome him back to the flansiro, but the manager has to live or die by his decisions. imo if fans block a signing you give the manager a perfect out if he doesn't perform....

Troy.McClure
21/06/2005, 12:06 PM
FFS :rolleyes: If Rico thinks that signing the rat will help us win the league, then thats ok with me. Do I know have to email the club to say sign him if Rico wants? I dont like the guy, but there's no denying he was a great player for us. People didnt like Morley when he came back from $hel$ but he was great for us.

Let the manager manage the team!

PS Birmingham were eejets not to sign Bowyer IMO, he's better than anyone in midfield for them at the mo.

pete
21/06/2005, 12:21 PM
Rico has said that would also consider how new signings would disrupt the current squad which seems like sure hint that won't look at Reynolds. Rico might be using Ratnolds rumour as bargaining tool for other players...

tiktok
21/06/2005, 12:36 PM
Rico has said that would also consider how new signings would disrupt the current squad which seems like sure hint that won't look at Reynolds. Rico might be using Ratnolds rumour as bargaining tool for other players...

It could also have been his way of letting us know that the other players are happy to share a dressing room with him.

Either way, IMO it's Rico's call.

The Good Son
21/06/2005, 1:05 PM
Personally I'd have no problem with Reynolds coming back, what he did in Ballybofey at the weekend was well out of order, but the likes of giving fingers to City fans, that's what he's brilliant at. Winding up opposition players and fans. I'd be very surprised if he'd be in the starting eleven but he's the kind of player that coming off the bench can lift a team. Now if for example Rico or Lennox were intending getting him and were put off by an e-mail campaign then I'd be very disappointed and surprised with them. Also if he came back then surely anybody thinking of booing him (I know in all fairness booing him hasn't been mentioned here but it has elsewhere) wouldn't be much better than the numbskulls who up to recently have been singing (even in Galway some beauties singing Pat Dolans rebel army) the praises of Georges advisor while not giving Richardson a chance. If he came back if you have a problem with it, ignore him, refuse to cheer him but booing him that would be sad.

patsh
21/06/2005, 1:11 PM
I think it's pathetic tbh. I mean I wouldn't exactly welcome him back to the flansiro, but the manager has to live or die by his decisions. imo if fans block a signing you give the manager a perfect out if he doesn't perform....
I doubt if my, or anybody elses, email will block any signing, but fans are quite entitled to register their disgust at such a decision.

patsh
21/06/2005, 1:13 PM
If he came back if you have a problem with it, ignore him, refuse to cheer him but booing him that would be sad.
Thats exactly what I would do, ignore him. I have stood by Rico from the start, wouldn't go against him now, but would be disgusted by a Reynolds signing.
I can't see for the life of me what he would bring to our club, we can beat anybody in this country by playing superb football alone, why do we need a thug?

rebs23
21/06/2005, 1:45 PM
No problem with any ex-city players resigning for the club. Just shows the way the club has matured and would also give a boost to attempts to sign players from other regions.
Making attempts to stop players resigning does not do the club any favours.

Troy.McClure
21/06/2005, 2:29 PM
Brummies real thoughts (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=335791&cc=5739) :ball:

Hecko
21/06/2005, 2:48 PM
I have never booed City and I dont' intend starting now - and I supported Rico from the start and one bad decision won't change that either. This is totally different from the (IMO) idiot pro-Dolan stuff a few months ago.

My point is nothing to do with him being a former player, it's to do with his behaviour on the pitch and especially to fans, players and officials after games. In fairness there is no comparison with the Skippy situation. He was always a total gent and City legend and when he came back I, and a lot of others, told those booing him what I thought of that.

I just think we should have standards - I reckon Trevor Moloy is the only other player I'd have a similar problem with... and you could throw in Oily and Roddy getting involved with the club too.

liamon
22/06/2005, 8:06 AM
Reynolds may be scum, but if Rico thinks he can add something to our squad, then I'll support that decision.
While our midfield is quite strong, I think it could be better.
For what it's worth, I coud see him putting Colin under a lot of pressure.

Peadar
22/06/2005, 8:23 AM
For what it's worth, I coud see him putting Colin under a lot of pressure.

I think Georgie and Gamble are our best central midfield partnership. I'd hate to see Reynolds walk into the team and displace honest, hard working players who aren't a liability.
Having said that, if Rico signed him, I wouldn't protest.
I'd give Reynolds a chance to prove himself.
He could be handy for the League and FAI Cups while our bext XI are challenging for the League and UEFA Cup. :D