PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Cup draw Friday

Pauro 76
21/06/2005, 10:01 AM
Anyone got the list of teams we could possibly play, and is there a live link to the draw again this year?

sligoman
21/06/2005, 10:05 AM
Longford Town are seeded for the UEFA Cup draw but Cork City are not and will meet a team from Latvia, Lithuania, Iceland, Finland, Norway or Denmark.

Portadown and Linfield from Northern Ireland are also unseeded for the UEFA Cup draw.

The other unseeded teams who Longford may face are from the Faroe Islands,Luxembourg and Estonia.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats all I know about it, I dont know what teams ye can get

tiktok
21/06/2005, 10:07 AM
Anyone got the list of teams we could possibly play, and is there a live link to the draw again this year?

UEFA Seeding (http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=310676.html)
You can basically draw any unseeded team except for us. So you'll be off to either

Estonia, Northern Ireland, wales, Luxembourg or the Faoroes, you lucky bostords

Teams you can draw...

FC TVMK Tallinn (EST)
FC Flora (EST)
Portadown FC (NIR)
Linfield FC (NIR)
Rhyl FC (WAL)
Carmarthen Town AFC (WAL)
CS Pétange (LUX)
FC Etzella Ettelbrück (LUX)
B36 Tórshavn (FAR)
NSÍ Runavík (FAR)

pete
21/06/2005, 10:20 AM
Cork City are not and will meet a team from Latvia, Lithuania, Iceland, Finland, Norway or Denmark.

Disappointed we not seeded. Andorra & San Marino were dumped into Southern region which wasn't predicted that website. Not exactly the easiest locations to travel to. Suppose Iceland would be best draw. Latvia could be good too as not as hard to get to as previously & should be cheap enougb once arrive.

Pauro 76
21/06/2005, 11:52 AM
Im hoping for Wales (not too much travelling for me...), or ideally Estonia or Luxembourg.. ive a very strange feeling we could be off to the Faroes...

UEFA Seeding (http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=310676.html)
You can basically draw any unseeded team except for us. So you'll be off to either

Estonia, Northern Ireland, wales, Luxembourg or the Faoroes, you lucky bostords

Teams you can draw...

FC TVMK Tallinn (EST)
FC Flora (EST)
Portadown FC (NIR)
Linfield FC (NIR)
Rhyl FC (WAL)
Carmarthen Town AFC (WAL)
CS Pétange (LUX)
FC Etzella Ettelbrück (LUX)
B36 Tórshavn (FAR)
NSÍ Runavík (FAR)

Longfordian
21/06/2005, 12:05 PM
Im hoping for Wales (not too much travelling for me...), or ideally Estonia or Luxembourg.. ive a very strange feeling we could be off to the Faroes...

I really fookin hope not..not that I'll be able to go this time unfortunately..w*rk intervening. faroes would bankrupt us getting there and you mightn't even get there! Wales all the way, should be a handy game too..although I really shouldn't tempt providence.

Macy
21/06/2005, 12:15 PM
Order of preference would be Wales, North, Luxembourg, Estonia, Faroes.

Should beat the Welsh or the Northern teams, especially if we can stay in current form.

Also are we away first for definite as we're seeds?

De Town
21/06/2005, 12:33 PM
Also are we away first for definite as we're seeds?
Its unknown yet, the draw will decide.

in order

Wales
Luxembourg
North

Hope we are away 2nd.

MacAonghusa
21/06/2005, 12:55 PM
I'm a quick ferry ride from Estonia so that gets the thumbs up from me, fingers crossed :D

Martinho II
22/06/2005, 7:03 PM
i am delighted we have avoided vaduz! i would not like to go to the faroes! but whatever the rest we draw i am not that particularly bothered!

pete
22/06/2005, 7:06 PM
What are your clubs expectation for UEFA Cupthis season?

De Town
22/06/2005, 7:16 PM
if we play like we have been recently, I see no reason why we cant beat ALL of the teams we could potentially meet. I want to at least get through 1 round

Conor H
22/06/2005, 7:27 PM
if we play like we have been recently, I see no reason why we cant beat ALL of the teams we could potentially meet. I want to at least get through 1 round

Well tbh if irish soccer is going to improve yee must get through 1 round at the least.

De Town
22/06/2005, 7:29 PM
Well tbh if irish soccer is going to improve yee must get through 1 round at the least.
we'll do our best ;)

Conor H
22/06/2005, 7:30 PM
we'll do our best ;)

:( :(

De Town
22/06/2005, 7:31 PM
:( :(
:confused: :confused:

Conor H
22/06/2005, 7:32 PM
:confused: :confused:

Only messin :D
Good luck ill be cheering for yee!

De Town
22/06/2005, 7:32 PM
Only messin :D
Good luck ill be cheering for yee!

Bosco
22/06/2005, 9:41 PM

Ah we are just happy ta be there really and sure if we lose embarissingly to some mickey-mouse team from the back end of no-where we can always just remember that we are a small club and the other team probably had internationals playing for them ;) ;)

Macy
23/06/2005, 7:49 AM
If we draw a Welsh or Northern team my expectations would be to get past them over two legs, particularly as they'd be in pre-season.

I really don't know enough about the other countries to make a judgement call. I mean Vaduz had a budget that far outstripped anything in our league (not that anyone gives that any fookin credit).

Pauro 76
23/06/2005, 11:37 AM
is the draw 12pm or 1pm tomorrow? Definitely cant make the 2nd leg but if the first leg is away, bring it on... heres hoping.

town73
23/06/2005, 11:58 AM
2pm CET, 1pm our time.

Sonic
23/06/2005, 2:42 PM
I mean Vaduz had a budget that far outstripped anything in our league (not that anyone gives that any fookin credit).

And Deportivo la coruna didnt have a budget that outstripped anything in our league :confused: ?

Macy
23/06/2005, 2:54 PM
And Deportivo la coruna didnt have a budget that outstripped anything in our league :confused: ?
Don't get you? We were beaten by a team that had a budget multiples of ours yet people can't see beyond the country they come from (christ not even the league they come from) was the point I was making.

Martinho II
24/06/2005, 12:00 PM
draw is in 3 minutes time! cant wait, pleease god wales ,

De Town
24/06/2005, 12:01 PM
draw is in 3 minutes time! cant wait, pleease god wales ,
or Luxembourg, away leg 2nd please!!!

Pauro 76
24/06/2005, 12:15 PM
UEFA.com, the draw live on now. Southern-Med draw right now, it may or may not be of interest that FC Vaduz have drawn Dacia of Romania!!!

Pauro 76
24/06/2005, 12:20 PM
We got Carmarthen of Wales!!!!! :) :( :o

Martinho II
24/06/2005, 12:48 PM
feck ye pauro and there was I thinking I was the first to post live from the draw. :eek:

Pauro 76
24/06/2005, 12:52 PM
ha! :)

Sonic
24/06/2005, 1:17 PM
Don't get you? We were beaten by a team that had a budget multiples of ours yet people can't see beyond the country they come from (christ not even the league they come from) was the point I was making.

The fact you lads are making an excuse about budget crap etc cause we failed to even get a draw against vaduz is ludicrous when you consider shels held deportivo scoreless for a game and a half.Deportivo would have a way bigger budget then el team is the point i am making