PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Sligo.

The Stars
20/06/2005, 4:41 PM
I know it is only the League Cup but will there be many of ye traveling for the match.How many are expected to go?

De Town
20/06/2005, 6:22 PM
I know it is only the League Cup but will there be many of ye traveling for the match.How many are expected to go?
I expect a good crowd from Longford. We brought about 1000 to Athlone last year midweek for an FAI Cup replay so I wouldnt be surprised if we got around 500-600 in Sligo from Longford.

The Stars
20/06/2005, 7:34 PM
Are you having a laugh.........500.
We will have nowhere to put ye.

By the way,away support sit in the Jinks Avenue End(The Blue Seats) to your right as you come in.

Martinho II
20/06/2005, 7:58 PM
i was there at that end for the rovers harps game!a verynice compact ground. will be a cracker of a match. where do all rovers supporters drink in town for the game?

sligoman
20/06/2005, 7:58 PM
I expect a good crow from Longford.

A crow :eek: . And does he support longford aswell? I dont mind as long as he does'nt be ****ing all over the seats :D

sligoman
20/06/2005, 8:00 PM
where do all rovers supporters drink in town for the game?

Probably Mooneys across the road or O'Neills at the bottom of church hill.

De Town
20/06/2005, 8:52 PM
A crow :eek: . And does he support longford aswell? I dont mind as long as he does'nt be ****ing all over the seats :D
:p

edited now

De Town
20/06/2005, 8:53 PM
Are you having a laugh.........500.
We will have nowhere to put ye.
I might be totally over expecting here. I would expect a decent crowD down anyway.

sligoman
20/06/2005, 10:52 PM
crowD

Got it right this time ;) :D

RockofGibraltar
21/06/2005, 11:14 AM
Can anyone give me directions to the ground

sligoman
21/06/2005, 11:20 AM

Enter Sligo via the Pearse Road by following the signs for town centre from Carraroe on the outskirts of the town. After the first set of lights watch out for a left hand turn just before the second set of lights. This will take you down Mail Coach Road. Continue on until you come to the Sligo Cathedral. Just after the cathedral take a left hand turn at a set of lights. Continue on for approximately half a mile going up Churchill and the ground is on your right.

sligoman
21/06/2005, 11:28 AM
Just after the cathedral take a left hand turn at a set of lights. Continue on for approximately half a mile going up Churchill and the ground is on your right.

There are roadworks going on here so you may not be able to go this way. If you cant then continue straight down this road(Adelaide street) and you will come to another set of traffic lights(you should see a shop called the bus top opposite you). Turn left and continue over and you will see the bus/train station on your right. Across from that there is a street called Wolfe tone street, go down there and turn right, you go up a hill and you should see the ground on your right then.

These maps might help you:

http://www.leehotels.com/download/map_town_sligo.pdf

http://www.sligococo.ie/asp/aboutus/about_us_view_map.asp Number 15 on this map is the Showgrounds

sligoman
21/06/2005, 10:37 PM
Fair play to ye Longford fans, ye brought a lot of support with ye tonight despite it been a league cup game and also midweek. Well done on the win too, ye deserved it! We were shocking :eek:

De Town
21/06/2005, 10:43 PM
Fair play to ye Longford fans, ye brought a lot of support with ye tonight despite it been a league cup game and also midweek. Well done on the win too, ye deserved it! We were shocking :eek:
thanks, how many of us were there? Its hard to tell when your in amongst them :o If I was to guess at a number, i'd say about 350 :confused:

we were the better team tonight, and we werent even going 100%. We played some nice football aswell.

sligoman
21/06/2005, 10:50 PM
how many of us were there? i'd say about 350 :confused:

Yeah around that, 300 maybe.

De Town
21/06/2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah around that, 300 maybe.
ah, not bad i suppose. I reckon the stand was half full with another 400-450 around the ground.

Redzer
22/06/2005, 9:13 AM
Well done, wish ye luck with the rest of the cup and also the league.
Hope we learned from the game. The gap between the two divisions was clear to be seen. Great support too.

Rory H
22/06/2005, 9:55 AM
good support but it wouldnt kill ye to sing

i was outside as i watched one of your buses pull up....ye are a miserable lot.not 1 happy face!.sligo isnt hell...you have passed through leitrim...

that country roads song is stupid too!

other than that..well done,ye deserved it and i was impressed.....

your best player was the right midfielder imo

De Town
22/06/2005, 10:21 AM
your best player was the right midfielder imo
ah yeah, Alan Kirby, he's brilliant alright.

Wiseguy
22/06/2005, 11:56 AM
It was a bit of a canter last night as we never really got out of 2nd gear.I expected much more from sligo but they have bigger issues on their mind.Sligo should be a good addition to the premier division plus it's only down the road from us so it would nearly be a local rivalry.It's not like Athlone will get promoted anytime soon.

Bosco
22/06/2005, 1:07 PM
good support but it wouldnt kill ye to sing

i was outside as i watched one of your buses pull up....ye are a miserable lot.not 1 happy face!.sligo isnt hell...you have passed through leitrim...

that country roads song is stupid too!

:p Have to agree with ya.Suprised you heard a song.What was the story with the fella with your drum,he was just sitting away from the singing group on his own banging his drum

sligoman
22/06/2005, 2:54 PM
What was the story with the fella with your drum,he was just sitting away from the singing group on his own banging his drum

That's Gary Kelly, he's on this forum, ask him yourself ;)

sligoman
22/06/2005, 2:54 PM
It's not like Athlone will get promoted anytime soon.

:D :D

sligoman
22/06/2005, 2:55 PM

So did you get to the game ok then Rockof? Did the directions help you?