PDA

View Full Version : Lawson Cup Final 2004/05

Pages : 1 [2]

CousinSylDolan
19/07/2005, 2:34 PM
Ok Sean had an exellent second half in which he produced some silky skills. One or two of the Pike lads attempted to take him out of the game but ended up on their Ar.....s get it know.

Top drawer entertainment from Macky on Friday... No better man to hold up a ball and frustrate the opposition.

Well done to all the Sharks by the way. I hear Scales is not too happy that Dec Adams mis-informed the Star newspaper of the scorer of Parks 3rd goal.

maestro
19/07/2005, 2:53 PM
Ok Sean had an exellent second half in which he produced some silky skills. One or two of the Pike lads attempted to take him out of the game but ended up on their Ar.....s get it know.
Its what he does with the ball after he farts around is what counts! no end product. Plus i saw Finucane kick him into touch a few times , not an arse in sight!!!!!

widow
19/07/2005, 3:01 PM
if you notice I said barely played in two months... not haven't played in two months. LDMC made a complete farce of the season this year lets hope for everyones sake that they get their act together for next season.

riverside
20/07/2005, 9:34 AM
Its what he does with the ball after he farts around is what counts! no end product. Plus i saw Finucane kick him into touch a few times , not an arse in sight!!!!!
Tunnel vision it sounds like and as for ar..s Finnucan has a bag of them :)

Dirk Diggler
22/07/2005, 2:14 PM
you talking about medals???

widow
22/07/2005, 2:48 PM
don't tell me park rgs are on this site slaggin people now hahaha come on lads don't be getting carried away with urselves, ye won a lawson fairplay but I don't think pike had much interest in it because of the fact that it was played so late in the season or so early in the new season which ever way you look at it

guvnor
25/07/2005, 9:24 AM
don't tell me park rgs are on this site slaggin people now hahaha come on lads don't be getting carried away with urselves, ye won a lawson fairplay but I don't think pike had much interest in it because of the fact that it was played so late in the season or so early in the new season which ever way you look at it

Widow, If Pike are such a so called brilliant team with the so called best players around why would they not take the most prestigious cup serious?? If these players are the best in junior football in Limerick the question of seriousness should not come into it. They were WELL beaten by a superior side on the night..Pike have played Park 3 times this season and have yet to win so does that mean that they took the 2 league games for a laugh also????

Dirk Diggler
25/07/2005, 9:43 AM
have to agree with widow to some extent

park and pike have played 4 times actually, park won 2, a draw and a win for pike in the Touhy

guvnor
25/07/2005, 9:59 AM
have to agree with widow to some extent

park and pike have played 4 times actually, park won 2, a draw and a win for pike in the Touhy

Enough said....so they took the Touhy cup the most serious of all...

Happy Zapper
25/07/2005, 10:34 AM
Widow, If Pike are such a so called brilliant team with the so called best players around why would they not take the most prestigious cup serious?? If these players are the best in junior football in Limerick the question of seriousness should not come into it. They were WELL beaten by a superior side on the night..Pike have played Park 3 times this season and have yet to win so does that mean that they took the 2 league games for a laugh also????

Tell me you are not calling the lawson the "most prestigious cup" Fair Play Park won the lawson but to be fair I do not think that Pike players would have taken it as serious as the Park players. If I was to judge which is the better team Pike would get my vote. Sorry.

Dirk Diggler
25/07/2005, 10:41 AM

considering that before park won the lawson that night, the touhy was the biggest trophy park had ever won so I'd say the park lads took that lawson final more seriously than the pike lads

guvnor
25/07/2005, 11:11 AM
considering that before park won the lawson that night, the touhy was the biggest trophy park had ever won so I'd say the park lads took that lawson final more seriously than the pike lads

Dirk,

As previously stated before in this site from another Pike head - Originally Posted by maestro
"Watch pike humiliate Park on Sunday. They have been training hard for this and will have a full squad to choose from. Pa mul is supposedly bringing in a few players next year so alot of the current squad will like to leave their mark on this season. Go on the hoops."

So obviously Pike did take it serious or are you just trying to make excuses like the rest of them!!!!!!! If ye had won, it would be a different story...

cleansheetagain
25/07/2005, 7:36 PM
From what i seen of the Touhy game it was park that didnt take it seriously,had the fai weekend after rested 6 of there best so id think again on all of the games,and at that pike were still lucky to win.

cleansheetagain
25/07/2005, 7:39 PM
Park never won the touhy

lim abroad
26/07/2005, 3:32 AM
will the pike boys ever take defeat graciously and stop going on with bu77sh1t about not taking it seriously. without doubt the lawson is the most prestigious local trophy to win so why not give park thier credit where it due,its no wonder ye're the most hated club in town

Dirk Diggler
26/07/2005, 8:29 AM
how many times do I have to say this.... fair play to park they won the game and deservedly so, lim abroad the lawson is the second biggest trophy to win domestically it used to be a massive trophy to win, this year was a joke I don't even think park took it as seriously as they would have done if it was played weeks before hand like it should have been. Pike have had a hard long season nearly 12 months of playing and challenging. Unlike park. Not making any excuses about pike losing to park but its obvious and anyone with half a football brain could see that the game didn't mean as much to pike

guvnor
26/07/2005, 9:22 AM
how many times do I have to say this.... fair play to park they won the game and deservedly so, lim abroad the lawson is the second biggest trophy to win domestically it used to be a massive trophy to win, this year was a joke I don't even think park took it as seriously as they would have done if it was played weeks before hand like it should have been. Pike have had a hard long season nearly 12 months of playing and challenging. Unlike park. Not making any excuses about pike losing to park but its obvious and anyone with half a football brain could see that the game didn't mean as much to pike

Dirk,

Whilst pike were worrying about winning the lge (which they failed at again) Park were playing in the Fai!! Park had the same amount of league games to play as Pike and finished there season at the same time as Pike..So to say that Pike had a hard season is total bullsh*t. From what you are saying Pike were victims of there own success - A TOUHY CUP!!!!!!!!! obviously you are stilll looking for the other half of that football brain......

Dirk Diggler
26/07/2005, 9:33 AM
they played one extra game in the FAI than pike, and don't tell me they had 22 important league games

Dirk Diggler
26/07/2005, 9:34 AM
Park never won the touhy

must have been the TSB so

clownboy
26/07/2005, 10:04 AM
they played one extra game in the FAI than pike, and don't tell me they had 22 important league games

Stop making excuses... beaten fair and square end of story

Dirk Diggler
26/07/2005, 11:01 AM
... fair play to park they won the game and deservedly so,

clownboy, never said other wise

the 12 th man
26/07/2005, 3:17 PM
its water under the bridge lads,move on