PDA

View Full Version : Price of pints in Dublin

Cosmo
20/06/2005, 12:19 PM
To follow on from another thread, whats the dearest price and cheapest price youve paid for a pint in dublin lately?

Paid 5.10e in mcgowans phibsboro last weekend for a pint of bud (though usually drink guinness).

Paid 5.05e for a pint of bud in the Q bar over a year ago - i presume thats gone up by now!!

Cheapest pint is the bar in dalyer :) (cant remember the price but defo the cheapest by far ive paid in dublin lately)

fosterdollar
20/06/2005, 12:32 PM
€5.30 for a pint of Wife Beater in Dakota Saturday night. Made the dumbest move of my entire life on Friday night by going against my better judgement and going to Club M. Over €13 for a pint of Carlsberg and a JD & Coke. 30mins later I'm in the A&E in James' Hospital, my mate covered in blood after getting a glass in the face. Good times.

Troy.McClure
20/06/2005, 1:55 PM
I stupidly paid €6 (yes, six) for a pint bottle of Koppaberg in The Porter House in Temle Bar even though its a fiver everywhere else and only €2.20 in an offie.

Cheapest is in the bar in Bohs or a can of Druids in Trinity for €2.20 :cool:

The averages quoted in the news a few days ago obviously averaged pubs in the suburbs and town. They should have been done seperalty IMO

gustavo
20/06/2005, 1:58 PM
cant go wrong with 2.50 for all pints and 7.50 for 2 pints of fat frogs in the ridgepool hotel in ballina!

Macy
20/06/2005, 1:59 PM
The averages quoted in the news a few days ago obviously averaged pubs in the suburbs and town. They should have been done seperalty IMO
Whilst it must be that, there must be seriously cheap places in the suburbs to bring the prices down that much. It's at least €4.60 around here for a lager, and that survey was a euro less than that...

Drumcondra Red
20/06/2005, 2:18 PM
For some reason I went to Café Insane on Friday, €5.60 a pint!!!!!!

Tolka, €3.70, gret value that!!!

Peadar
20/06/2005, 2:32 PM
For some reason I went to Café Insane on Friday

Did you ever watch the chicks in there and Ron Blacks etc. clutching the same drink all night, looking for some suit to buy them another?
SAD!

Dublin12
20/06/2005, 2:45 PM
There's a place on Middle Abbey St that does pints of lager for 3 Euro,looks like a bit of a kip though and as Im not a lager drinker I never ventured in.Also seen a place on Westmoreland St that does larger for 3 Euro.

Peadar
20/06/2005, 3:00 PM
There's a place on Middle Abbey St that does pints of lager for 3 Euro

A lot of places were doing Bavarian Beer fairly cheap, weren't they?

drinkfeckarse
20/06/2005, 3:07 PM
The one good thing about not living back home (other than my family here of course) is the price of a pint over here. £2.10 in my local :) :)

Cosmo
20/06/2005, 3:32 PM
Pints of bavarian in mcgraths (think thats the name of it :confused: ??) in cabra for 3 euro - handy if the bird your with in there drinks it :D !!- pity i dont like the stuff!!!!

pete
20/06/2005, 3:36 PM
Price of de Pint seems to be the great irish debate that unites all classes.

A few years ago seemed like price was more or less the same everywhere. I thinks its now more realistic that more expensive in town but much cheaper in the burbs. Should be more options too with pubs broadening their options outside the bog standard beers for some cheap foreign suppliers.

Peadar
20/06/2005, 3:40 PM
the price of a pint over here. £2.10 in my local

That's about €3.15

It's not unusual to find pints around that price in Ireland.
I guess your sole reason for being in Scotland just lost its appeal. :D

Drumcondra Red
20/06/2005, 3:41 PM
€3 a pint of Fosters in the Cat and Cage

Carlin
20/06/2005, 5:49 PM
Cheapest pint is the bar in dalyer :) (cant remember the price but defo the cheapest by far ive paid in dublin lately)

Think its about 3.10 in Dalyer for a pint.

Macy
21/06/2005, 7:16 AM
Bavarian only works in cans, outside the Lansdowne :D

Very rarely drink in Town these days, so it doesn't effect me as much as it used too. I get a pint bottle for the so called Dublin average.

btw Don't know about the Bavarian, but that Fosters promotion didn't last too long in our neck of the woods..

Frank Blue
21/06/2005, 7:24 AM
What a shocking thread this is to read! :eek:
I can go out and drink some nice German Weizenbier for between €2,30 and €3 per half liter (OK slightly less than a pint). I paid between €3 and €3,50 for a pint of the black stuff in an Irish pub not too far away from where I live too.
Suppose I can't complain with lower living costs and quality, well priced Bier. :)

Oh and for you lads going on about 'savings' at the offie, how about this: €12 would see you for a crate of 20*0,5l bottles of Warsteiner (Germany's most popular bier. Bud? Do me a favour. :rolleyes: ) or Beck's. And of course that's top price. A little less choosy would see you with a crate of 20 for €5!!! of good Weizenbier with 5% alc.

noby
21/06/2005, 7:37 AM
I stupidly paid €6 (yes, six) for a pint bottle of Koppaberg in The Porter House in Temle Bar

Their own pints are only €3.60 or so. And nice too. Not bad for "Trendy Temple Bar"©

Peadar
21/06/2005, 7:58 AM
I remember drinking Pint Bottles of Magners in Brussels and they were cheaper than Bulmers in Temple Bar. :eek:

drinkfeckarse
21/06/2005, 8:22 AM
That's about €3.15

It's not unusual to find pints around that price in Ireland.
I guess your sole reason for being in Scotland just lost its appeal. :D

That's me booked up on the first flight home then :D

onenilgameover
21/06/2005, 6:30 PM
There's a pub down by the UGC on Parnell street that has Fosters for 3 euro......I keep meaning to go in sit down and get twisted....Still seem to be spending racks of cash....and then theres the mates who drink...Urdinger in the bottle at six euro and go in rounds of six of us and drink fancy and cheap all night! BOO! :mad:

gustavo
23/06/2005, 2:26 PM
fosters is usually 3 quid everywhere good oul stuff too.