PDA

View Full Version : Time to try Georgie up front?

Hecko
20/06/2005, 9:44 AM
George has been brilliant in the middle so far this season, but is it time to try him up front behind Flynnie? IMO Colin Terrific and Gamble are a strong pairing in midfield and George would be able to get into the box more. His greater goal threat has definitely been a big bonus this season.

I don't have a strong view about this, but I reckon it's worth a try at this stage, at least until Behan is back fully fit and mayeb even then anyway

tiktok
20/06/2005, 9:49 AM
I think Georgie is essential for us in the middle.

Fenn and Flynny will do a good job for us up front, there's no doubt in my mind. To move Georgie forward would take from us in the middle IMO, too big a price to pay.

Once he and Roy continus to pop up with goals from midfield, i'm a happy camper.

thecorner
20/06/2005, 10:26 AM
georgie is the best midfielder in the country...leave him there

Éanna
20/06/2005, 10:30 AM
yeah, he's fine where he is. Fenn is getting better by the game as well

redgav
20/06/2005, 10:37 AM
yeah, he's fine where he is. Fenn is getting better by the game as well

Exactly ,George's skill, with Joe Gambles (or Colin's) Bite makes the midfield .Fenn playing behing Flynny will allow him to create chance for others

Hecko
20/06/2005, 10:58 AM
Fair 'nuff lads. That looks like a consensus to me. I'd love to see Fenn back to his best, so here's hoping. I'd still like to see Rico experiment a bit, even within a game. One of our weaknesses in the last few seasons has been our inability (usulaly of the manager) to change the shape of the team when we're struggling in a game.

IMO 442 has always been our best formation, but when things aren't going your way (e.g. Portadown) a change of shape can turn things. At the end of the dya we shoudl be looking for double figure goals from George this season no matter where he starts.

pete
20/06/2005, 11:39 AM
442, George in midfield. Why change winning combo.

I'm sorry but cannot take people serious when start to come up new formations because they beeing playing Championship Manager all weekend ;)

redgav
20/06/2005, 9:18 PM
442, George in midfield. Why change winning combo.

I'm sorry but cannot take people serious when start to come up new formations because they beeing playing Championship Manager all weekend ;)

:D

Only thing is City ,when Fenn plays ,don't seem to play 4-4-2 exclusivly, they tend to play 4-4-1-1 (Fenn between the Midfield and Striker)at times cos Fenn drops very deep to get the ball sometimes ( champ manager rules ;) )

Dyl10
21/06/2005, 9:38 PM
George has been brilliant in the middle so far this season, but is it time to try him up front behind Flynnie? IMO Colin Terrific and Gamble are a strong pairing in midfield and George would be able to get into the box more. His greater goal threat has definitely been a big bonus this season.

Imo you shouldn't fix things that aren't broken. You are top of the league by a bit of a stretch so there is no need to go changing your formation or positions.