PDA

View Full Version : alan reynolds

thecorner
20/06/2005, 7:30 AM
does the league need scum like this...according to reports from saturday night,it was a disgrace to witness. looking at waterford it appears there is a meeting this morning and he is gonna be sacked as manager

hope the league throw the book it him. give him a long ban. he seems to think he can do whatever he wants

Cosmo
20/06/2005, 8:39 AM
what did he do?

Mr_T
20/06/2005, 8:50 AM
He came on as a sub with 15 minutes to go, and after hurling sectarian abuse at Anthony Gorman (for his Linfield connections) he went up to Chrissie Breen at the final whistle, and pretending to shake his hand, punched him in the face flattening him in full view of hundreds of home supporters, including Chris's family. Very fortunate Harps were able to keep the situation under control.

To put it in context, this is Chris Breen.

Breeno (http://homepage.eircom.net/~rdcomputing/Finn%20Harps/Images/Chris%20Breen.jpg)

He's just turned 20 and not exactly a big fella. What kind of cowardly scumbag picks on a young lad like this just because he had roasted his team for pace, pick on somebody your own size Reynolds.

Reynolds is a disgrace to this league, and if Waterford do sack him I hope its along time before any other club is foolish enough to take him on.

harpskid
20/06/2005, 8:56 AM
As I have said in an earlier thread, this man is a thug!!

An absolute shame and disgrace to witness, especially for the good Waterford folk who made the long journey up.

I sincerely hope his sectarian abuse of Anthony is taken further. This is simply not on!

He should be ashamed of himself and he can count himself extremely lucky that things didn't get ugly as there were several extremely annoyed Harps fans, particularly the player's family who witnessed the incident

Macy
20/06/2005, 9:05 AM
He came on as a sub with 15 minutes to go, and after hurling sectarian abuse at Anthony Gorman (for his Linfield connections) he went up to Chrissie Breen at the final whistle, and pretending to shake his hand, punched him in the face flattening him in full view of hundreds of home supporters, including Chris's family. Very fortunate Harps were able to keep the situation under control.
Proves his class again...

pete
20/06/2005, 9:14 AM
I wonder does he want to be sacked given waterford on huge slide to the 1st division & team only going to get worse...?

Éanna
20/06/2005, 9:21 AM
I've heard reynolds say before that "what happens onthe pitch stays on the pitch" etc., but there's a limit. The league should throw the book at him over this

Peadar
20/06/2005, 9:22 AM
I wonder does he want to be sacked

Sacked and banned.

I've tried for a long time to have an open mind on Reynolds because he certainly has ability as a player but as far as I'm concerned, he has just slipped out the restroom window in the Last Chance Saloon.

The league will be a better place without him.

BohDiddley
20/06/2005, 9:31 AM
I've heard reynolds say before that "what happens onthe pitch stays on the pitch" etc., but there's a limit. The league should throw the book at him over this
That's bull****. There is an argument that what goes on in the heat of battle is part of the game and that the law has no place in a contact sport.
I wasn't there. I didn't see it. But if his behaviour is as cut-and-dried as as been said here, it's assault, at the very least, and the gardai should be doing a Bowyer on him.
Similarly, I'm not sure if sectarian abuse is covered by anti-hate legislation, but if what has been reported is true-- that he singled out a player in that way -- Reynolds shouldn't be allowed get away with it.
He's not some spotty 16-y-o idiot; he's the manager of an EL team and he needs to act with responsibility.
Any Waterford fans have a different take on what happened?

Cosmo
20/06/2005, 9:57 AM
'I hope its along time before any other club is foolish enough to take him on.'

I know ill get slated for this but I'd still take him at Drogheda as a player :eek:

Macy
20/06/2005, 10:01 AM
I know ill get slated for this but I'd still take him at Drogheda as a player :eek:
Shocked it took you this long to admit it.... Still if you want a player that disappears in the big games, fair play... ;)

Anto McC
20/06/2005, 12:44 PM
'I hope its along time before any other club is foolish enough to take him on.'

I agree with Cosmo,He'd be a great player to bring off the bench at the very least.

thecorner
20/06/2005, 3:31 PM
lads over on btid reporting that ratnolds has been sacked

scrappy harp
20/06/2005, 8:27 PM
Hope his sacking doesnt overshadow his disgraceful behaviour on saturday, he's an absoloute scumbag and waterford are far better off without him.

The waterford fans were fantastic on saturday night, approx 50-60 of them travelled traveled the lenght of the country to see the team they love and they deserve someone better than this scumbag representing there club.

Poor Student
20/06/2005, 8:29 PM
Official line is he's resigned. From aertel:

WATERFORD BOSS REYNOLDS QUITS
Waterford United have confirmed this
evening that Alan Reynolds has resigned
as manager at the club.

Reynolds held a meeting with clubs two
remaining directors this afternoon and
following those talks, the manager has
stepped down.

Waterford are 4th from bottom in the
Eircom League Premier Division, but
more importantly, the club is under
huge financial pressure.

The club are expected to issue a
further statement tomorrow.

Sonic
20/06/2005, 10:38 PM
Pure scumbag simple as

Hibs4Ever
21/06/2005, 9:01 AM
Heard on radio this morning that Rover's and Cork City want to have talks with him

EnDai
21/06/2005, 9:15 AM
Could see him at Rovers, not so much at Cork. Though he would hinder their progress, which can be no bad thing... :D :D :D

terry9
21/06/2005, 9:40 AM

To put it in context, this is Chris Breen.

Breeno (http://homepage.eircom.net/~rdcomputing/Finn%20Harps/Images/Chris%20Breen.jpg)

He's just turned 20 and not exactly a big fella. What kind of cowardly scumbag picks on a young lad like this just because he had roasted his team for pace, pick on somebody your own size Reynolds.

Reynolds is a disgrace to this league, and if Waterford do sack him I hope its along time before any other club is foolish enough to take him on.

sometimes i feel like punching players on opposing teams!! :mad:

superfrank
21/06/2005, 9:51 AM
Rennie linked with Cork return (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17841)
I find this hard to believe. Why? This (http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&biw=1017&q=alan+reynolds&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryIE)
Go to the "Cork City FC Forums" link.