PDA

View Full Version : Will the Lions win the first test?

jorge
19/06/2005, 2:42 PM
Imo they wont Wilkinson and Jones are BOTH going to startwith JW in the centre,Geordan Murphy,Gavin Henson left out Will Greenwood in i hope they lose.Woodward is going with his english players and a few Welsh and Irish.

De Town
19/06/2005, 3:34 PM
i personally think they will lose the series 3-0 :(

jofyisgod
19/06/2005, 3:38 PM
i hope they lose

FFS, why? I think they'll lose this one, but maybe stage a comeback. The warm-ups haven't exactly been wallopings as they should have been really.

Aberdonian Stu
20/06/2005, 9:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of 1993 and lose 2-1, with the defeat in the final test being pretty comprehensive.

Superhoops
20/06/2005, 1:59 PM
Imo they wont Wilkinson and Jones are BOTH going to startwith JW in the centre,Geordan Murphy,Gavin Henson left out Will Greenwood in i hope they lose.Woodward is going with his english players and a few Welsh and Irish.
Surely Wilkinson and Robinson are risks that do not need to be taken. Woodward could have easily looked at both of last Saturday. Suspect the All-Blacks will concentrate their attacks on these two.

Would not be surprised to see Thompson getting the nod instead of Shane Byrne, even though his line-out throwing is nowwhere near international standard. I would have thought the line-out was the one area from which the Lions could build a solid platform.

Hills, Corry and Back may be stronger than Easterby, Jones and Williams but they are not as fast and the Blacks back row have pace to burn.

Hope I am wrong, but I can see Lions getting a 20 point+ hammering if Wilkinson and Robinson are centre and wing.

jorge
20/06/2005, 2:49 PM
Hills, Corry and Back may be stronger than Easterby, Jones and Williams but they are not as fast and the Blacks back row have pace to burn.

Probably the most crucial batle in the match and theyve lost it already.If they wan to beat them they have to go at them from the start and you dont go at them starting old players.Hill,back and corry will get roasted.

drinkfeckarse
20/06/2005, 3:30 PM
Very disapointing that he's gone with the "old guard" but not unexpected I suppose :rolleyes:

Anyone know what the match odds are?? Might do a bet for an All Black 10-20 points win :(