View Full Version : 1-0

terry9
18/06/2005, 8:52 PM
3 points :D

thank god we won!

cmon on rams.

Rebal Boy
18/06/2005, 9:27 PM
I was at the game. Rams played really well. Kilkenny aren't as bad as on paper IMO. They kept going all the way. I'm just delighted Rams won. They have 2 HUGE league games back to bak coming up. They have Sligo Rovers away next Saturday and Dublin City 2 weeks today. If they win both, this could be Rams year at long last. COME ON THE RAMS! :)

terry9
18/06/2005, 11:09 PM
i think we'll have to up our preformance in the next 2 games tho.

claret&blue
19/06/2005, 1:24 AM
i think we'll have to up our preformance in the next 2 games tho.
are you ever happy :mad:

harry crumb
19/06/2005, 10:04 AM
They really upped their game in the 2nd half. Kilkenny might have got a goal themselves on a few occasions.

Great finish by O'Shea. He's got some speed in those legs. With a bit of strengthening he will be a v. good player. Alan Carey also played well in the 2nd half. Most good things came from his side.

Rory H
19/06/2005, 12:03 PM
looking forward to playing ye saturday...top of the league if ye beat us maybe...we go 5 points clear if we win....big game but its early days

cobh seem to be a bit inconsistent......i expect ye to beat waterford in the league cup though....finn harps beat them! :D

terry9
19/06/2005, 4:31 PM
Cobh Ramblers 1-0 Kilkenny City
Cobh Ramblers bounced back from their devastating FAI Carlsberg Cup defeat to Leinster Senior League side Wayside Celtic a week ago to take a vital First Division victory over bottom side Kilkenny City at St Colman’s Park on Saturday night.

The only goal of the game came from teenage star Michael O’Shea eight minutes from time.

O’Shea got on the end of a Mark Clifford pass to lob Graeme Loughman in the Kilkenny goal, and end a run of three straight home defeats for Stephen Henderson’s side.

The result, as on so many occasions this season, was rough justice on Kilkenny, who had earlier forced Cobh keeper Anthony Fennelly into superb saves from Joey Courtney and Pat Burke.

Cobh are now just two points off the top of the First Division table, level on points with second placed Dublin City.

Rambler1
19/06/2005, 4:51 PM
looking forward to playing ye saturday...top of the league if ye beat us maybe...we go 5 points clear if we win....big game but its early days

cobh seem to be a bit inconsistent......i expect ye to beat waterford in the league cup though....finn harps beat them! :D
I think if we get a draw up there and draw or beat Dublin City at home then that will do very nicely. At the end of the day 4 pts fro a possible six would be great although 2 points (2 Draws) from six would still keep us well in there as ye would have dropped points as well.....