PDA

View Full Version : Rhona Daly......at it AGAIN !

Roo69
18/06/2005, 4:19 PM
When will the league cope on that she CANNOT officiate an eL match ? Yet again is was a mile off the pace throughout the game, she is an absolute disgrace, like how can she expect to run the line properly when she is 5/10 yards behind play ALL the time. O'Flynn and Fenn were BOTH 2/3 yards off side when the orignal ball was played over the top, i was right in line with it. Even a few Cork lads who were sitting round there agreed.

Cork had 3 really good chances and took 2 of them, we had several in the 2nd half and could only manage to take one of them. A lot of incidents in the later stages of the match that the ref called wrong.

As i've said before we have had no favours what so ever from the officals what so ever this year, i really hope this does'nt count against us at the end of the season. Match loosing decisions against us against Cork, Bohs, Derry, Rovers and Pats :mad:

fan_1
18/06/2005, 7:08 PM
cant blame the officials alright she made a few bad decisions but we deserved nothin from that game terrible performance. a few players out of their depth not naming names

superfrank
18/06/2005, 11:30 PM
I think there were plenty of decisions that went against us. The linesman on our side wasn't much bettter. I thought Foxy was through and didn't touch yer man (was it Coughlan?). Poor refereeing last nite. It didn't cost us the game though, no major decisions were messed up.

thecorner
18/06/2005, 11:45 PM
a lot of decisions didnt go our way either friday

TBH city didnt really have to get out of 2nd gear...a very comfortable win

superfrank
18/06/2005, 11:49 PM
The fans didn't look that comfortable when Hugh stepped up to take the free....... And another I meant to say, there was no way they added four minutes at the end. Two and a half at most!

thecorner
18/06/2005, 11:59 PM
The fans didn't look that comfortable when Hugh stepped up to take the free.......

any fan in the world wouldnt feel comfortable with a free around that area in the last minute

KR's Post
19/06/2005, 4:49 PM
Should have got a draw at least.... As for Rhona!!! F-ucking Yorkie, it's not for girls :eek:

KK77
20/06/2005, 9:11 AM
cant blame the officials alright she made a few bad decisions but we deserved nothin from that game terrible performance. a few players out of their depth not naming names

Totally agree. I thought Cork were by far the better side without playing their best. We did well near the end when Devo reverted to his usual long ball style worrying run of late bar the Harps result i think our bad form goes way beyond poor decisions from match officials.

Éanna
20/06/2005, 9:14 AM
She also missed the most blatant foul of all time by wes charles- pulled at the jersey to stop his man getting thrpugh on goal- it was a red card

Used2BHibs Fan
20/06/2005, 9:51 AM
Agree that she is poor. How she missed the shirt pulling by Wesley on Roy was beyond belief - thought that both teams suffered by poor decisions but that it did not affect the overall result. Its always frustrating to see and does not help the game.

Roo69
20/06/2005, 11:11 AM
She also missed the most blatant foul of all time by wes charles- pulled at the jersey to stop his man getting thrpugh on goal- it was a red card

She was right in line with that as well, can't understand how she misssed the tug at his jersey ? maybe because he kept running and fell down of his own accord 4 or 5 yards later ? But she was at fault for the 2nd goal, Fenn and O'Flynn were both off-side when the ball was played over the top to O'Donavan, so in a way it did cost us. Also some other major decisions did go against us, When Coloughan fell when he was in a loosing race with Foxy clean through, When a few minutes later Coloughan should have been sent off for bringing Zayed down on the edge of the box, when Foxy was in , the keeper fouled him, he managed to get a shot away but there was no advantage in it.

Over all i thought the officals were extremely poor, but they did Cork a hell of a lot more favours than us !

Rhona needs to give it up, or run the line at less important games because she is costing teams points week in week out because of her decisions.

JackeenRebel
20/06/2005, 12:34 PM
As i've said before we have had no favours what so ever from the officals what so ever this year, i really hope this does'nt count against us at the end of the season. Match loosing decisions against us against Cork, Bohs, Derry, Rovers and Pats :mad:

I have to admit I havnt seen most of Bray's games this year so you may be right agains the other mentioned teams above but against City this year in Turners cross Bray had the luck of the ref's whistle leading Bray to sneak a draw and we dont need to mention some of the decisions towards the end of the game at Carslile ... I was at the other end of the grounds and I still saw Wes pull down Roy ...

I hope Bray stay up, your a side with heart, Pat needs to have a work with Frank and see if there is any funds at all to temp a decent winger to the club and someone to partner Zayed - I was shocked to see Tarzan start, I was wodering where his Zimmer frame was??

KR's Post
20/06/2005, 4:33 PM
I was shocked to see Tarzan start, I was wodering where his Zimmer frame was??
Why.... :confused: He's 32 i know, but he has bin playing very well of late and merited a start. He didn't have one of his best games, but every ball that went forward in the air was aimed at him, and with Dan Murray marking him, he had NO chance of winning a header. Maybe i'm being a bit biased here, i dunno. :)

lowflyingseagul
20/06/2005, 6:51 PM
tarzans not a premier league player. foxy or McGrory up front please

superfrank
20/06/2005, 8:17 PM
McGrory should've come on earlier.

Lonely Wanderer
20/06/2005, 8:56 PM
I missed the game due to work commitments. How did we do? Who was our best player?

Locker
21/06/2005, 5:47 PM

i agree with you there lowflyingseagull,mcgrory is def not a premier player either needs lot more experience :eek:

JackeenRebel
22/06/2005, 12:32 PM
Why.... :confused: He's 32 i know, but he has bin playing very well of late and merited a start. He didn't have one of his best games, but every ball that went forward in the air was aimed at him, and with Dan Murray marking him, he had NO chance of winning a header. Maybe i'm being a bit biased here, i dunno. :)

Dont get me wrong Tarzan1, he's not/was'nt a bad player - has a big heart but is is too one dimentional for the Permier Leauge. He is a brillint player to have on the bench if your 1-0 down with 10mins to go .. stick him on up front Gary Doherty style but that where it ends Im afraid.

Bray arnt loaded however there are some really good players in North Wicklow/DunLaoire burragh, Pat (being linked to St Josephs an all) should really be dipping into that area for a few good players up front (Bray had atleast 3 ex-Josephs players play the last FAI Cup Final matches - thats just one of the local clubs), have them compete for a place with eachother 3 or 4 of them, sign them on a years contract so they wont cost anything other than their weekly wage - you've nothing to loose. I will stand corrected but as far as i can remember bray always had one really good centre forward to get you atleast 15 goals a year in the leauge - but never a partner upfront to get you atleast another 10 .. the players are there you just need to scout them.

JackeenRebel
22/06/2005, 12:41 PM
He didn't have one of his best games, but every ball that went forward in the air was aimed at him, and with Dan Murray marking him, he had NO chance of winning a header. Maybe i'm being a bit biased here, i dunno. :)

Forgot to mention - I agree with you, he was lost in the air but Pat should not have started Tarzan with the intent of him winning long ball headers against Murray and Bennett ... thats just bad tactial advise. I think Bray should of started 3-1-4-2, take advantage of us having Fenn and Flynn not having played much games together in a year and have the 1 sit infront of the defence to stop Georgie O'Callaghan getting space to run.

Do you think it might be time for a change of Manager? Has Pat been there too long or has he too much of a distraction being an Agent?
Am I right in thinking that Pat is Andy O'Briens agent and if so what preperation did Bray get for their last two games if he was not about ??

Roo69
22/06/2005, 12:44 PM
Forgot to mention - I agree with you, he was lost in the air but Pat should not have started Tarzan with the intent of him winning long ball headers against Murray and Bennett ... thats just bad tactial advise. I think Bray should of started 3-1-4-2, take advantage of us having Fenn and Flynn not having played much games together in a year and have the 1 sit infront of the defence to stop Georgie O'Callaghan getting space to run.

Do you think it might be time for a change of Manager? Has Pat been there too long or has he too much of a distraction being an Agent?
Am I right in thinking that Pat is Andy O'Briens agent and if so what preperation did Bray get for their last two games if he was not about ??

No Devo is not an agent but everyone thinks he is.

JackeenRebel
22/06/2005, 1:02 PM
I know he is Duffers agent, one of Duffers mate's that I know told me he done the deal with Chelsea as Duff's agent. Pat was quoted saying he took no money from Duff for the move, but Id say Roman looked after him all the same ... I could of sworn that I read that Pat was an agent to a few Irish lads over the water?

He is past his testimonial year though as manager though, right? Is that not too long? I mean Bray have potential, you really do but up one season down the next is not going to encourage fan's to come down to Carsile Grounds. Under Pat Bray play great football in Div1 (when the fan's are away) and average to poor in the Premier (when the fans are willing to come down) -- Obviusly I dont include the die-hards in that. Im living in Dublin and I like watching Bray play however Im not going to go to a Bray v's Kilkenny city Div1 game - thus Bray dont get the money. I think it might be time for a change cos Bray are no better off over the 10 years or so under Dev.

Take Richardson for example, when he was Rovers manager he was out scouting the local Leinster Leauge sides. I remember playing games against Donameath Rovers who were a decent outfit at the time and Richardson was there scouting some of their players ...

KK77
22/06/2005, 1:03 PM
No Devo is not an agent but everyone thinks he is.

He's an "ADVISOR" on agents percentage of deals. Wonder what he was doing strolling through Heathrow airport with Duff when he was signing for Chelsea o yeah he was advising his agent!!!

footballplease
22/06/2005, 4:27 PM
A fair and valid point jackeen rebel.
In last ten years bray have not really progressed as much as we would have liked. Sure, we had ONE season when we ran shels close for the league ( 2001 ) but apart from that - nothing to establish the club in the premier. Just looking at the players let go after that season, a hell of a lot of quality. I know the devo yes-men are going to say 'oh the money', etc, but when it comes down to it, we had a chance to really make a case to be a successful club and blew it - big time. During that season, crowds were at an all-time high - place was actually sold out for a couple of games (eg Bohs cup replay). Obviously, i don't know all the ins and outs but its just depressing.
I remember saying at the time that i hoped it would not be a one-off - but it was.

To allow a team fall so far from that point to the first division in one season is a sackable offence in ANY other club - why not Bray? The whole thing of being a 'family' club is just nonsense!! We need to be completely ruthless with regard to progress - the potential is there - we've seen that in relation to crowds, media exposure and county-wide support ( eg i remember buses coming up from Wicklow and Arklow in that season - such was the excitement).

To say that Pat has taken his eye off the ball is an understatement. Take this week as a perfect example. The game on Friday next represents a huge point in our season - where is he? I believe he is in Spain at Ryaner's wedding. A huge game and his attention is not there. The club needs and deserves better service than that. Don't take this as a Devo-bashing exercise, the man has done terrific work for the club over the last 20 years, but we've heard enough now - the time has come for a new direction - the fans all feel it, the club needs and deserves it. I am a loyal fan and will be at as many games as is humanly possible, but it does test your loyalty watching the club flounder.

A positive step was to appoint Jack as General Manager - gave the club a bit more direction and credibility. We need more like him!

Anyway, cmon the seagulls!!!

Signed

A passionate fan from behind the goals!!!

KR's Post
22/06/2005, 4:45 PM
Sure, we had ONE season when we ran shels close for the league ( 2001 )
Pushed Bohs close, not Shels... Was a fantastic season though!

KR's Post
22/06/2005, 4:47 PM
Say what you want... He's scored goals at this level before. Criticism accepted, IF it's merited. But just stop saying it for the good of your health!!! Wasn't this a Rhona Daly discussion at 1 time?

Grasshopper 99
22/06/2005, 9:20 PM
I hate that women, she should rub it in and move into Dallymount, it shows that women officials are a bad thing for the Eircom league, we want consistinency with officials in the league and she just ruins it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JackeenRebel
29/06/2005, 12:22 PM
Your touching on my point 'FootballPlease' and I agree with what your saying also ... Pat seems to have done a great job at Bray but every manager reaches a certain point and then it's time to pass over the good work. Going up one season and down the next (or as good as) and Bray will never progress.
I like Bray - they seem to be everyone's 2nd or 3rd favourate team ... you play honest football and are hard done at times ...

Anyway - Best of luck to Bray this season - I hope you stay up!

Sorry Tarzan1 ... im off the track again :o)

KR's Post
29/06/2005, 4:36 PM
Anyway - Best of luck to Bray this season - I hope you stay up!

Sorry Tarzan1 ... im off the track again :o)
Thanks for the point and encouragement and it's ok......... :p

Copa Mundial
06/07/2005, 8:57 AM
She was right in line with that as well, can't understand how she misssed the tug at his jersey ? maybe because he kept running and fell down of his own accord 4 or 5 yards later ? But she was at fault for the 2nd goal, Fenn and O'Flynn were both off-side when the ball was played over the top to O'Donavan, so in a way it did cost us. Also some other major decisions did go against us, When Coloughan fell when he was in a loosing race with Foxy clean through, When a few minutes later Coloughan should have been sent off for bringing Zayed down on the edge of the box, when Foxy was in , the keeper fouled him, he managed to get a shot away but there was no advantage in it.

Over all i thought the officals were extremely poor, but they did Cork a hell of a lot more favours than us !

Rhona needs to give it up, or run the line at less important games because she is costing teams points week in week out because of her decisions.

Wasnt at the game Roo,so im only picking up on a point you made in your post.If the ball was played over the top to O DONOVAN, then according to the 'offside' law Flynn and Fenn are deemed to be 'inactive'.The ball has to be touched by a player in order for him to be deemed 'active'(offside).So unless Flynn or Fenn received the ball directly from the initial pass, then im afraid Rhona was right.
I understand your frustration at the offside law,people need to be informed more when it is changed. :ball:

Roo69
06/07/2005, 9:02 AM
Wasnt at the game Roo,so im only picking up on a point you made in your post.If the ball was played over the top to O DONOVAN, then according to the 'offside' law Flynn and Fenn are deemed to be 'inactive'.The ball has to be touched by a player in order for him to be deemed 'active'(offside).So unless Flynn or Fenn received the ball directly from the initial pass, then im afraid Rhona was right.
I understand your frustration at the offside law,people need to be informed more when it is changed. :ball:

That rule was'nt brought in until after the match

Copa Mundial
06/07/2005, 11:17 PM
That rule was'nt brought in until after the match
:ball: No,in actual fact it has been there for the past few seasons,its just that it has been 'highlighted' recently in the Confederations Cup and introduced on the 1st of july as an ammendment to the law.It just wasnt explained well enough.
Being deemed 'active' has been the confusing issue over the past few seasons that needed to be elaborated on and explained in more detail.Believe me, ive seen this scenario many times and the amount of different opinions from a supporters point of view is frightening.Herein lies the problem,the year 2005 and communication from the top down still seems to be a problem.
Im aware this is no consolation to you,but i hope it sheds some light on what will always be a contentious issue! :ball: