PDA

View Full Version : What Eircom League Person do you hate the Most?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

wws
17/06/2005, 10:53 AM
ive had to edit the title - in case i incite hatred (i in no way wish to incite hatred against the below mentioned individuals......I just dont like them)

im bored on a friday type thread....

:D

Dave Rogers is a fckn tool IMO

GavinZac
17/06/2005, 10:54 AM
wws

edit: MaxPower

:p

no, probably alan reynolds. maybe ian stokes

Terry
17/06/2005, 10:55 AM
you !!!! for starting a thread like this :D :p :D

De Town
17/06/2005, 10:55 AM
Top 3

1 Roddy - Wánker
2 Reynolds
3 All Referees

EnDai
17/06/2005, 10:56 AM
Roddy
Alan Kelly
Dolan (If he still counts, filthy scumbag can burn in hell)
George O'C

garykelly
17/06/2005, 10:57 AM
not to be anti this thread. but isnt inciting hatred against the laws set out in human rights & probably the rules of these boards :confused: :confused:

EnDai
17/06/2005, 10:58 AM
It's not insciting hatred, it basically saying who you, the individual, seriously dislike. No reasons/arguments, just personal dislikings! :)

Éanna
17/06/2005, 11:00 AM
Oily Byrne by some distance for me. Owen Heary second, Pat Devlin and Noel King joint 3rd

GavinZac
17/06/2005, 11:01 AM
Dolan (If he still counts, filthy scumbag can burn in hell)

i change mine to all of Shelbourne. a nasty club, rotten from top to bottom :p

De Town
17/06/2005, 11:01 AM
Maybe the thread should be entitled "What Eircom League Person do you dislike the Most?" :confused:

garykelly
17/06/2005, 11:04 AM
It's not insciting hatred, it basically saying who you, the individual, seriously dislike. No reasons/arguments, just personal dislikings! :)

oh well then in that case. i personally as an individual seriously dislike ref's in the first division :D :D cant speak for prem refs

sorry wws - i just thought it should be mentioned else i'm sure the thread would have been closed

Peadar
17/06/2005, 11:04 AM
Trevor Molloy!

Roo69
17/06/2005, 11:06 AM
Oily Byrne by some distance for me. Owen Heary second, Pat Devlin and Noel King joint 3rd

Stehpehn Kenny
Ollie Byrne
Roddy Collins
Rhona Daly
Trevor Molloy

In no particular order...........

Hibs4Ever
17/06/2005, 11:08 AM
1. Alan Kelly (worst ref in league)
2. Ollie Byrne (generally just bad for the league)
3. Trevor Molloy and Alan Reynolds (sc*mbags)

De Town
17/06/2005, 11:09 AM
Stehpehn Kenny
I might be missing something Roo but what has Kenny ever done to ya :confused:

Roo69
17/06/2005, 11:10 AM
I might be missing something Roo but what has Kenny ever done to ya :confused:

I just don't like him. He's a RAT, no good sly, sneaky w@nker

tiktok
17/06/2005, 11:13 AM
Player: Trevor Molloy
Manager: Pat Fenlon
Board member: Ollie Byrne
Referee: Stokes
Pundit: Noel King
Journos: Dervan/Dunphy (Dublin Dons my hole :mad: )

EnDai
i change mine to all of Shelbourne. a nasty club, rotten from top to bottom :p

:D ;)

My reasoning behind Dolan is actually the presumptions surrounding the Doyle affair. I don't like the way he (supposedly) screwed over both CCFC, and IMHO, the league aswell. But George O'C is for concrete reasoning! :D

Cosmo
Is it weird that there are 2 people mentioned on this thread a few times that I would love to see come to drogheda? (reynolds and molloy).

For me, Dessie Baker :mad: - can't really think of anyone else :eek: (though pat fenlon is getting on my tits lately)

Macy
17/06/2005, 11:15 AM
1) Oillie Byrne
2) Roddy Collins
3) Alan Reynolds

Bubbling under...
Stephen Kenny - his attitude to us since he walked out I really hate. I do think I hate him more for all the Town fans that would take him back tomorrow, and refuse to credit Matthews due to being blinded by spock.

Bohs fans online would also be in with a shout. Sanctimonious wánkers online, although generally okay in real life.

Pat Devlin. Manager of eL team, and responsible for sending over kids to England to the detriment of the league. For every Duff, how many on the scrape heap?

monutdfc
17/06/2005, 11:16 AM
Ollie Byrne
Ger McCarthy
Dermot Keely

superfrank
17/06/2005, 11:20 AM
Alan Reynolds, Alan Kelly, Rico and Roddy. :mad:

Roo69
17/06/2005, 11:28 AM
1) Oillie Byrne
2) Roddy Collins
3) Alan Reynolds

Bubbling under...
Stephen Kenny - his attitude to us since he walked out I really hate. I do think I hate him more for all the Town fans that would take him back tomorrow, and refuse to credit Matthews due to being blinded by spock.

Bohs fans online would also be in with a shout. Sanctimonious wánkers online, although generally okay in real life.

Pat Devlin. Manager of eL team, and responsible for sending over kids to England to the detriment of the league. For every Duff, how many on the scrape heap?

In fairness to Devlin, is it his fault if teenagers who go over get homesick or just can't contuine there promise that they showed while playing in Ireland. It's a part of his job, it's what pays he wages so he's entitled to do it. He does'nt take a cent from Bray for everything that he does for the club.

wws
Dolan Rico Roddy - are figures of fun because they're comic creations rather than people to be taken seriously - you cant hate them - their job is to entertain us with their stupidity and off the wall humanity.

patsh
Hate is such a strong word, but I dislike the following people for the reasons given

Devlin for his trading in young lads to England, and now Dolan seems to be doing the same, as well as doing his best to destroy City, or so it very strongly seems

Byrne/Fenlon - nasty fcukers both of them

Matthews for interminable whinging

Molloy/Rogers/Crawford/Reynolds - scumbags/thugs

Every blazer in the FAI who looks down on the eL

Actually, the players I mentioned are the ony ones I truly dislike, because they drag the whole league down as far as I am concerned.

Cosmo
17/06/2005, 11:31 AM
'Dolan Rico Roddy..... they're job is to entertain us with their stupidity and off the wall humanity.'

Thats why i don't mind them and the league would probably be a lot duller without them (though if ye take them seriously thats a different story :rolleyes: )

patsh
17/06/2005, 11:33 AM
'Dolan Rico Roddy..... they're job is to entertain us with their stupidity and off the wall humanity.'

Thats why i don't mind them and the league would probably be a lot duller without them (though if ye take them seriously thats a different story :rolleyes: )
Rico isn't stupid........

pineapple stu
17/06/2005, 11:35 AM
Hate is such a strong word, but I dislike the following people for the reasons given
Hate is such a strong word. I hate the following people.

Paul Doolin.

That is all.

Revelation of the decade, I'm sure! :p

bluemovie
17/06/2005, 11:35 AM
I'll be genuinely disappointed if Rennie doesn't 'win' this poll. I honestly think he would be too.

Personally, I'd go for John Feighery, Roddy, Noel King.

superfrank
17/06/2005, 11:50 AM
I'll be genuinely disappointed if Rennie doesn't 'win' this poll. I honestly think he would too.
Do you like him?

wws
17/06/2005, 11:52 AM

Cosmo, NO-ONE takes them seriously!

Lim till i die
17/06/2005, 12:02 PM
Step Forward Little Alan Gough :mad: .........Altho hate is such a strong word :)

dark one
17/06/2005, 12:03 PM
That ref from WAterford thinks hes Julio ingelias - Jim O Neill Ithink - Truely a sad little man

Lim till i die
17/06/2005, 12:06 PM
That ref from WAterford thinks hes Julio ingelias - Jim O Neill Ithink - Truely a sad little man

Oh My God in my haste to name little Alan Gough I neglected little Jimmy O'Neill..... Carlsberg don't do ****&r refs but if they did.....

bluemovie
17/06/2005, 12:12 PM
Do you like him?

He's a complete legend. Apart from being one of the best ball-winners in the league over the last 15 years, he's the best wind-up too. The most recent example was against Cork who, shall we say, have slightly less than warm feelings towards him. He drew the abuse from them by cupping his ear before any throw-in in front of them and kept tying his laces in front of them. He thrives on the abuse. Reminds me of Graeme Souness in the 84 European Cup semi in Bucharest. He knew the Dinamo fans hated him and were trying to intimidate the team so he went over to them in the warm-up and juggled the ball right in front of them for ages. He took the heat off the rest of the team and used the taunts to psyche himself up for the game. Genius.

Speranza
17/06/2005, 12:13 PM
Player:Kevin Mc Hugh, Rogers - both filth who taunt crowds from distance

Manager:Fenlon - Like his club he cannot EVER accept defeat,whinging child

Other:Oily Byrne - Disgusting individual :mad:

I would hate Felix Healy but he is more and object of pity and humour than hate.

EireBadBoy
17/06/2005, 12:18 PM
Colin Hawkins & Ollie Byrne - I'm glad they finally got together. :p

Macy
17/06/2005, 12:20 PM
In fairness to Devlin, is it his fault if teenagers who go over get homesick or just can't contuine there promise that they showed while playing in Ireland. It's a part of his job, it's what pays he wages so he's entitled to do it. He does'nt take a cent from Bray for everything that he does for the club.
ffs 10% of Duffs deals, why would he have to take money off Bray? Bray would be a lot better off paying him, and every lad Devlin sends over went to a Bray underage team and onto the eL.

One of those things that Bray/Non-Bray fans are never going to agree on.

superfrank
17/06/2005, 12:28 PM
He's a complete legend. Apart from being one of the best ball-winners in the league over the last 15 years, he's the best wind-up too. The most recent example was against Cork who, shall we say, have slightly less than warm feelings towards him. He drew the abuse from them by cupping his ear before any throw-in in front of them and kept tying his laces in front of them. He thrives on the abuse. Reminds me of Graeme Souness in the 84 European Cup semi in Bucharest. He knew the Dinamo fans hated him and were trying to intimidate the team so he went over to them in the warm-up and juggled the ball right in front of them for ages. He took the heat off the rest of the team and used the taunts to psyche himself up for the game. Genius.
Is it really though? I mean when we played yez at the Carlisle he got all the abuse from our fans and imo he was lucky not to be sent off for more then a few late and heavy challenges and then he took himself off because he couldn't take it. :mad:

As a player he is good, but personality-wise he's very unpopular.

superfrank
17/06/2005, 12:33 PM
One of those things that Bray/Non-Bray fans are never going to agree on.
Definitely. Noone can say he hasn't been good for the club. I won't give my personal opinions of him but as a manager he's been exemplary. It's stupid and ridiculous that every journalist/cynic/critic/non-Bray fan focuses on his agent role. If he were just an agent yez wouldn't notice him. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Macy
17/06/2005, 12:36 PM
If he were just an agent yez wouldn't notice him. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Yeah, but being a scout/agent is totally contradictory to the good of the league, imo.

NY Hoop
17/06/2005, 12:38 PM
Only one person I hate with a passion: Ollie. The man is a convicted criminal, is total scum and is going to get dogs abuse tonight.

Is dreadful for the league. No wonder attendances are awful when people see this sub human whinging about everything.

In summary complete filth.

KOH

trevy
17/06/2005, 12:46 PM
Rennie loves being unpopular,he thrives on it :D .In the recent game v St Pats he was on the bench as was suspended again and twice the ball came to him before St Pats were taking a throw and he threw it behind him on to the athletics track to break up their moves or waste time.I thought it was a bit daft when it was still 0-0 but typical Rennie!
Most unpopular player for me probably Trevor Molloy for runing half the lenght of the field to abuse match officials at RSC last season and personality Olly Byrne for pettiness,bitterness and causing trouble in the Eircom League.

dcfcsteve
17/06/2005, 12:48 PM
I just don't like him. He's a RAT, no good sly, sneaky w@nker

Any particular reason why he's a "RAT, no good sly, sneaky w@nker" ?

I think he rocks.... :D :p

My dislikes are Olly and Roddy.

Olly because he acts like some sort of medieval fedual overlord. Woe betide anyone who should dare disagree with him and his little empire. I genuinely think the guy has anger management issues and, whilst he's very good for Shels, he'd happily feck over the rest of the league in the blink of an eye if it gave his club even the most miniscule of advantages. He should be over in Afghanistan ruling a small bum-feck region full of poppy planst in the middle of nowhere (though given his previous convictions for shifting moody cigarettes, he probably is... :p ).

Roddy because I just think he's bad fullstop. The guy had one good season with Bohs and everything else he's touched since then has turned to shoite. He's all mouth and no substance, and his managerial style amounts to little more than trying to buy his way out of trouble. Given the limited resources all Irish clubs have, that makes him a very dangerous person for any team daft enouhg to get sucked-in by his perma-hype...

monutdfc
17/06/2005, 12:53 PM
Didn't he bite Stephen Ward's ear in Dalymount?
That's not gamesmanship or taking pressure off the rest of his team-mates, that's just a scumbag thing to do (and dangerous with it)

superfrank
17/06/2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, but being a scout/agent is totally contradictory to the good of the league, imo.
Every club/player has them so it's going to be pretty hard to uproot all that.

KK77
17/06/2005, 12:57 PM
Any particular reason why he's a "RAT, no good sly, sneaky w@nker" ?

I think he rocks.... :D :p

I'd say if i had a guess Roo69 thinks this of him due to
ANGEL, good honest, innocent god that is Robbie Doyle just a guess though!!!!

I think Kenny is ok myself

patsh
17/06/2005, 12:58 PM
He's a complete legend. Apart from being one of the best ball-winners in the league over the last 15 years, he's the best wind-up too. The most recent example was against Cork who, shall we say, have slightly less than warm feelings towards him. He drew the abuse from them by cupping his ear before any throw-in in front of them and kept tying his laces in front of them. He thrives on the abuse.
No he doesn't.
He got himself sent off last season when you lot were 4 nil down, because it's so easy to wind him up. When he tried to break George's neck last season and the crowd got on his back even more, he went missing for the rest of the game.
Was taken off the only time he came back to the Cross when he was with Rovers because he was so intimidated out by the crowd.
That little scmbag can give it, but he sure cannot take it....

Macy
17/06/2005, 1:02 PM
Every club/player has them so it's going to be pretty hard to uproot all that.
It's obvious that Bray fans are blind to Devo's conflict of interest, so we'll leave it as an agree to disagree for the sake of the thread....

superfrank
17/06/2005, 1:07 PM
It's obvious that Bray fans are blind to Devo's conflict of interest, so we'll leave it as an agree to disagree for the sake of the thread....
I'm not blind to his conflict of interest but I already stated I wouldn't give my personal opinions of the man. I'm annoyed because alot of people focus on his agent role solely, they disregard the fact that he's a good manager. I don't go on about the negative, non-managerial sides of Alan Matthews.......