PDA

View Full Version : Free Transfers

Roo69
16/06/2005, 12:58 PM
Just looking through the herald there on my lunch and it has given a full list of Irish players who are not being offered new contracts by there clubs for the coming season. Theres a few players on the list defo worth a shout, some i dont know of.......

Richie Partridge (liverpool)
Paul Tierney (man u)
Paul O'Donoghue (spurs)
Neil McCafferty (leeds)
Dave Worrell (plymoth)
Sean Cooney (coventry)
Henry McStay (leeds)
Paul Keegan (leeds)
David Cassidy (derby)
Mark Quigley (wolves)
Thomas Butler (hartlepool)
Stephen McPhail (barnsley)
John McGrath (kiddiminster)
Curtis Flemming (darlington)
Keith Gilroy (darlington)
Brian Carey (wrexham)
Charlie Treacy (oldham)
Niall Flynn (sunderland)
Jon Walters (hull)
Stephen Dawson (leicester)
Rechatd Keogh (stoke)

superfrank
16/06/2005, 1:01 PM
I heard Dave Worrell was in talks with Shels and that Stephen McPhail had been in talks with a League One team, possibly Hartlepool or Chesterfield.

KK77
16/06/2005, 1:03 PM
Richie Partridge has interest from Coventry and Rotterdam that i know of.

superfrank
16/06/2005, 1:06 PM
Wasn't Richie Partridge supposed to be the next big thing for Irish football a few years ago?? Is there a strong possibility that most of them will return home?

EnDai
16/06/2005, 1:07 PM
Some of them may be worth a look in. Fenlon apparently said he's spoken to Worrell. Partridge, so was he just bags full of potential, or is he actually any good? (Clearly not 'Pool good, but any good?)

[edit]

Jesus I'm wrecked, even writing in the wrong teams now! :o

superfrank
16/06/2005, 1:10 PM
I don't remember him ever playing for Liverpool but he was always getting serious injuries if I remember correctly.

jorge
16/06/2005, 1:15 PM
It would be nice if some came back but i dont see it happening unfortunatly

Éanna
16/06/2005, 2:20 PM
yer man cooney is training with bohs apparently...

EnDai
16/06/2005, 2:27 PM
Bohemians are poised to sign Republic of Ireland U21 defender Sean Cooney.

The 21-year-old centre back has been training with Bohemians since being released by Coventry City at the end of the English season and has impressed player-boss Gareth Farrelly.

“Sean has been doing well since he linked up with us and it’s a case of 'watch-this-space',” said Farrelly.

Born in Perth, Australia, to Irish parents, Cooney declared for Ireland, winning two U21 caps at the 2004 Madeira International Tournament.

Meanwhile, Farrelly has revealed that Blackpool midfielder Simon Wiles could join the Gypsies on loan during the transfer window.

Looks like you're right...

KK77
16/06/2005, 2:38 PM
I don't remember him ever playing for Liverpool but he was always getting serious injuries if I remember correctly.

He plaed against Stoke in the League cup in 00/01 and against Boro and Spurs in this seasons League cup actually scored one of the pens against Spurs. Yes your correct he was always getting serious injuries during his 9 years with the club. He actually had a good loan spell with Coventry a few seasons back he was close then to the first team at Liverpool but Houllier never gave him a chance. As far as i know Coverntry and Rotterdam are looking at him. He's actually engaged to Michael Owen's sister. Would be a great signing for one of the big EL clubs though him coming back would be another question.

Slash/ED
16/06/2005, 2:45 PM
Some of them may be worth a look in. Fenlon apparently said he's spoken to Worrell. Partridge, so was he just bags full of potential, or is he actually any good? (Clearly not 'Pool good, but any good?)

[edit]

Jesus I'm wrecked, even writing in the wrong teams now! :o

If we could get him I'd absolutley love to sign him. It'd put an end to the Ryan or Baker debate pretty quickly too.

drummerboy
16/06/2005, 2:46 PM
Few clubs in for Thomas Butler, Bradford and Brentford, I think. Sheffield United looking for McPhail.
Charlie Treacy young goalkeeper
Keegan made the bench for Leeds a couple of times last season.

drinkfeckarse
16/06/2005, 3:18 PM
Paul Lambert at Livingston apparently wants Tierney.

eirebhoy
16/06/2005, 4:04 PM
Partridge can be wiped off that list, he's better than half the Liverpool team, never mind the Eircom league. :) Casso (derby) probably wouldn't even make in the Eircom Prem.

Roverstillidie
16/06/2005, 4:21 PM
did curtis fleming not promise to come back and coach the junkies?

TonyD
16/06/2005, 8:52 PM

What, the Merchants Quay Project team ? :p

pineapple stu
16/06/2005, 8:58 PM
Is Brian Carey going into coaching now? Or is there a chance of a move back to Cork? Or would they want him?

GavinZac
16/06/2005, 11:38 PM
Is Brian Carey going into coaching now? Or is there a chance of a move back to Cork? Or would they want him?

our team's average age is about 23, no thanks

goattail
17/06/2005, 12:19 AM
Heard Roddy Collins on Newstalk 106 tonight saying he had a 100 page dossier of names of Irish players released by English clubs, over 750 players just came up for grabs.

Roo69
17/06/2005, 8:47 AM

Almost positive that Flemming will be staying in England now, a few clubs interested in him

pete
17/06/2005, 9:19 AM
Partridge can be wiped off that list, he's better than half the Liverpool team, never mind the Eircom league. :) Casso (derby) probably wouldn't even make in the Eircom Prem.

Good one. I expect to still here the "...next best thing" line when partridge is 32 playing non-league football.

:rolleyes:

Jaime
17/06/2005, 10:43 AM
I thought this was going to be about Paninis. :(