PDA

View Full Version : Us Open

Clifford
16/06/2005, 11:18 AM
The US Open this weekend looks like being a classic. I can see it coming down to late on Sunday with two or three of the big guns being involved.

I'm a Tiger fanatic so I'm not going to look beyond him (also got 20 euro on him at 28/1 to win all 4 majors!).

I suppose Toms, Donald, and the rest of the top five will have something to say about that.

Anyone else got someone backed? Who'll win it?

pete
16/06/2005, 11:25 AM
I suppose Toms, Donald, and the rest of the top five will have something to say about that.

I heard Donald was tipped as good outside bet & seen him at 25 & 28/1

Clifford
16/06/2005, 11:31 AM
I heard Donald was tipped as good outside bet & seen him at 25 & 28/1

He's got to be a cracking e/w bet as he's deadly straight and good on the greens. Apparently it will be all about keeping on the fairways this weekend, I think looking at Tigers comments this week he'll hopefully leave the driver in the club house as he did in the masters third round and find the fairways. If he does this then no one will touch him. He practised for 7 hours on the course last Saturday and only played 11 holes, some mental strength there.

Padraig would be my ideal winner, but his neck prob seems to still be at him.

Roo69
16/06/2005, 11:43 AM
The US Open this weekend looks like being a classic. I can see it coming down to late on Sunday with two or three of the big guns being involved.

I'm a Tiger fanatic so I'm not going to look beyond him (also got 20 euro on him at 28/1 to win all 4 majors!).

Anyone else got someone backed? Who'll win it?

Just can't see Tiger winning here, his drive is a little wayward at the moment and he deof won't win all 4 majors. Mickelson as the out right winner, great each way bet is Jimenez @ 66/1.

Dodge
16/06/2005, 11:49 AM
BAcked three. Goosen at 16/1ew. Westwood at 66/1 ew and nick o'hern @100/1ew. Think Westwood is coming into great form and the course should suit him

Clifford
16/06/2005, 12:39 PM
Just can't see Tiger winning here, his drive is a little wayward at the moment and he deof won't win all 4 majors. Mickelson as the out right winner, great each way bet is Jimenez @ 66/1.

Mickleson and wayward have met too many times in the past to win it, he'll be there or there abouts all right.

Agree with Jiminez, in good form.

Tiger 1 under after 1.

Kowalski
16/06/2005, 12:44 PM
I backed Toms who is a tidy player without being spectacular which is the key to winning this week, I dont think the winning score will be above -12.

There has'nt been a European winner of the US open for 35 years (Tony Jacklin 1970) so I backed Paddy & Sergio, It has to end sometime.

Kingdom
16/06/2005, 3:04 PM
I backed Toms who is a tidy player without being spectacular which is the key to winning this week, I dont think the winning score will be above -12.

There has'nt been a European winner of the US open for 35 years (Tony Jacklin 1970) so I backed Paddy & Sergio, It has to end sometime.

Toms uses one of those cr@p two-ball putters doesn't he? So that rules him out. Anyone with one of those would want a bullet in the head.

Malby
16/06/2005, 3:26 PM
I backed Scott Mc Carron!! No particular reason except i liked his price of 250/1

Clifford
16/06/2005, 10:47 PM
Interesting first round all told. Not a great deal of players made it under par, tough tough course. All the big guns in there at the moment, tomorrow will be more of the jostling for position, expect fireworks on Saturday. What about that 15 hole. I'd venture an amateur would do well to hit 7 or 8.

Kowalski
17/06/2005, 12:59 PM
Toms uses one of those cr@p two-ball putters doesn't he? So that rules him out. Anyone with one of those would want a bullet in the head.

You are a funny guy, aren't you?

I have you know that David Toms doesnt use an oddessy two ball but in fact uses a Titiliest Scotty Cameron putter coupled with the Titiliest Pro-V1 ball he uses can be potentially very fooking dangerous.

Kingdom
17/06/2005, 4:18 PM
Indeed.

gustavo
17/06/2005, 6:13 PM
Titiliest

isnt that an adjective used to describe Jordan :D

Kingdom
18/06/2005, 11:24 AM
...trying...to...stay...awake...must...stay...awak e...zzzzzzzzzzzzz....

fcuk.....off.......then........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz....

I hate this type of cr@p. Why take the mick out of golf when some of us like it. It's in the "Other sports" forum so we're not unduly bothering anyone, the equipment (& technology) the players use DOES make a big difference to play and amateur players (like Kowalski et al) tend to try out same equipment and its an interesting aspect of the different tours to see what player uses which brand.

Also not that it fcukin matters to you but the comments between Kowalski and I were a private joke.

Clifford
18/06/2005, 11:26 PM
The goose, The goose, The goose is on fire......simply amazing the way he dug in after going back to level par, to respond with three birds was awesome. The guy deserves a stroll to the title tomorrow, he loves US Opens.

jorge
19/06/2005, 1:59 AM
The scores are awfully low.

Dodge
19/06/2005, 10:34 AM
The scores are awfully low.
Think you mean awfully high :)

Always are at the US open. One of the reasons why its the best competition by a mile. The champion is always a top, top player. Goosen was over par last year when winning. Him to win and westwood to sneak into the top four please...

Anto McC
19/06/2005, 11:02 AM
Think you mean awfully high :)

Always are at the US open. One of the reasons why its the best competition by a mile. The champion is always a top, top player. Goosen was over par last year when winning. Him to win and westwood to sneak into the top four please...

I was hoping Westwood would have a decent showing myself.

Clifford
19/06/2005, 11:49 PM
What an amazing weekend of golf. Compelling viewing to say the least, Campbell was amazing, who would have predicted Goosen's utter capitulation. Tiger, despite not winning proved yet again his is a living legend (a word to often used imho). To stay in contention til the bitter end after the day he dealt himself was nothing less than miraculous.

Delighted for Campbell, he has been through hell for the last three years physically and it's great to see a sport where dreams can still come through for everybody.

Yet again the USGA have a controversial Open to investigate, but somehow I think they will just keep on doing it year in year out if it continues to produce such scenes. Fantastic I say, keep it comin.

RedX
20/06/2005, 12:06 AM
What an amazing weekend of golf. Compelling viewing to say the least, Campbell was amazing, who would have predicted Goosen's utter capitulation. Tiger, despite not winning proved yet again his is a living legend (a word to often used imho). To stay in contention til the bitter end after the day he dealt himself was nothing less than miraculous.

Delighted for Campbell, he has been through hell for the last three years physically and it's great to see a sport where dreams can still come through for everybody.

Yet again the USGA have a controversial Open to investigate, but somehow I think they will just keep on doing it year in year out if it continues to produce such scenes. Fantastic I say, keep it comin.

A nicer guy could not have won it...i feel sorry for Dodge above as he had Goosen backed..i usually bet Goosen every big tournament myself but was away on hols and did not get the chance but i am glad now..this is not the first time he has lost it in a tournament in the final round..i expected more from Jim Furyk who has been playing well lately..anyway well done to Micheal Campbell...

pete
20/06/2005, 9:00 AM
What an amazing weekend of golf. Compelling viewing to say the least,

I couldn't watch more than a few minutes at a time. I really need to be rooting for someone to watch golf on tv.

jjppc
20/06/2005, 3:09 PM
The goose, The goose, The goose is on fire......simply amazing the way he dug in after going back to level par, to respond with three birds was awesome. The guy deserves a stroll to the title tomorrow, he loves US Opens.
I'm gutted and so should the Goose be, had him at 20/1, E/W , ah well onto the Open