PDA

View Full Version : song of the year.

gustavo
16/06/2005, 10:18 AM
i thought that "x and y" would be the greatest musical achievement of the year so far , it is a truly great album ,but that was before yesterday morning. i was lucky enough to hear the new richey kavangh single. starts off with some guy askin richey if he is ever called dick richey says no but his girlfriend calls him dick . he then proceeds to list off a litany of double entendres about dick about how his girlfriend has dick on her mind. it really is astonishing stuff right up their with the lyrical genius of bob dylan or ian curtis.

tiktok
16/06/2005, 10:29 AM
Richie = Dick

correct on a number of levels :rolleyes:

Lionel Ritchie
16/06/2005, 10:49 AM
Richie Kavanaghs inate genius is a flipside of his inate deviancy. I bet he has a load of kids singing the chorus too :D

His "videos" are always the same -camcorder of him standing (farms are common backdrop) with a bunch of wee ones blushing and giggling about all the dirty words they're singing into the camera.

Dublin12
16/06/2005, 11:49 AM
We as music lovers should ring up and complain about the lyrics on Joe Duffy :D ,if some people can complain about proper lyrics then we can complain about nonce lyrics :D

Lionel Ritchie
16/06/2005, 2:32 PM
absolutley. Personally I've always fancied a bit of sniping from the long grass of talk radio. :cool:

Troy.McClure
16/06/2005, 4:49 PM
We as music lovers should ring up and complain about the lyrics on Joe Duffy :D ,if some people can complain about proper lyrics then we can complain about nonce lyrics

Will someone please think of the children! :eek: :D

I dont think it was Richie Kavanagh, but on local radio in Wexford last summer they had a song called "C0ck and Pullet" about farm animals... I hope (no idea what a pullet is, but its one word alright :o ) There's a double entendre in each and every line :D Combined with the big bogger accent, I couldnt stop laughing everytime it was played

noby
17/06/2005, 11:57 AM
Will someone please think of the children! :eek: :D

I dont think it was Richie Kavanagh, but on local radio in Wexford last summer they had a song called "C0ck and Pullet" about farm animals... I hope (no idea what a pullet is, but its one word alright :o ) There's a double entendre in each and every line :D Combined with the big bogger accent, I couldnt stop laughing everytime it was played

A pullet is a young hen
R.K. is a scary man.

I was in my local record shop last year, and in he walked. Up close he is a frightening man. I was going to ask him for his autograph, but I was too stunned to speak.
He wanted to know where his tape was. "You should have it out front here, more people will buy it. Do you need some more, I've the boot full of them"

paul_oshea
17/06/2005, 12:09 PM
i think i heard the song that you are on about gustavo when i was home last week. it was very funny but cant really remember it. i remember the song with the following lines:

did you ever get teh feel, ever get the feel, ever get the feel of a fiver:

did you ever get your hole, did you ever get your hole, did you ever get your hole weeks wages.

etc.

fosterdollar
17/06/2005, 12:14 PM
Did ya ever get a ride, did ya ever get a ride ... on a donkey

paul_oshea
17/06/2005, 12:20 PM
was it not... did ya ever get the ride of a tractor???

did ya ever get your balls did ya ever get your balls..

fosterdollar
17/06/2005, 12:21 PM
was it not... did ya ever get the ride of a tractor???

does it matter?

Neish
20/06/2005, 3:33 PM
Whats all this chat about Richie Kavanagh? Lets get back to the original topic, not sure if it was recorded this year but Kilamangiro by Babyshambles is best song I've heard this year IMO

gustavo
20/06/2005, 3:39 PM
hehe there was no song of the year topic i was using it in irony