PDA

View Full Version : George Hamilton Legend

barglee
16/06/2005, 8:43 AM
Managed to get hold of George Hamiltons mobile number so couldnt resist ringing him last night after the Aus-Ger match. Got the beeping you get when the person is roaming.
then he answered with "Guten Abend"- i thought it was some German guy but i asked for George and it was him

chatted to him for a bit and he told me he'd be commentating the Brazil match tonight so i said i looked forward to watching it.

Nice Guy- he even thanked me for ringing.
best part is he paid for most of the call cost(roaming and all that ?? )

Dont think ill ring him again as i wudnt want him to have to change his number.

Peadar
16/06/2005, 8:53 AM
Managed to get hold of George Hamiltons mobile number so couldnt resist ringing him last night...

...chatted to him for a bit

Are you on drugs or something? :rolleyes:

Dodge
16/06/2005, 9:43 AM
Quite apart from the fact that you're a very disturbed stalker....

best part is he paid for most of the call cost(roaming and all that ?? )

You would paid the full cost of your call. His charges are separate

barglee
16/06/2005, 11:12 AM
mmm when you ring somebody who is out of the country you pay the normal rate as if he were in Ireand.
He/She pays the rate from Ireland to wherever he is- which is the bulk of the cost.

No im not on drugs i was just priviledged to speak to someone who has been the commentator of some of the most memorable moments in my life.

I wonder does he have Jimmy McGees number .......

Peadar
16/06/2005, 11:16 AM
No im not on drugs i was just priviledged to speak to someone...

Are you 12? :rolleyes:

superfrank
16/06/2005, 11:17 AM
If you want to see him regularly you should just come down to the Carlisle, he goes to alot of the matches.

pete
16/06/2005, 11:24 AM
You would paid the full cost of your call. His charges are separate

I'd guess RTE & ultimately the tax payer was paying the other part of the call charge.

gaf1983
16/06/2005, 1:10 PM
I'd guess RTE & ultimately the tax payer was paying the other part of the call charge.

yeah but barglee is probably a taxpayer so he ultimately paid some of the cost of the call too

barglee
16/06/2005, 1:29 PM
yeah but barglee is probably a taxpayer so he ultimately paid some of the cost of the call too

no i dont pay tax.
my life is funded by tax payers though.

are ye jealous coz im friends with George Hamilton?

Peadar
16/06/2005, 1:41 PM
barglee is probably a taxpayer

You have to be at least 16 to pay tax, don't you?

Green with envy! :rolleyes:
Can I be your friend?
That way I'll at least get a little bit closer to good ole Dangerhere himself. :D

paul_oshea
16/06/2005, 1:41 PM

i think they are. how did you "get" his number.

also are you a government artist?

barglee
16/06/2005, 2:03 PM
i think they are. how did you "get" his number.
a friend got it off a friend of his who had some dealings with George for one reason or another

also are you a government artist?
if you mean am i funded by the governement to create "work of art" white papers on wireless communications 3G Authentication Authorisation Accounting(or bernadette rose majella as my friend likes to call it), that are submitted to conferences then answer is YES.

if you mean do i draw the dole. answer is NO

Dublin12
17/06/2005, 2:36 PM
LOL this has too be a wind up right :rolleyes:

How did you start the converstaion then.."Hello George,I got yer number of a friend of a mate of yours,you don't know me but do you fancy having a bit of banter and a converstaion then..Hello..Hello..Hello George are you there?beep beep beep beep

barglee
17/06/2005, 2:41 PM
i just said hello and he asked me who i was so i said my name.
i acted ike he should know who i am.

i just told him he did a good job commentating the game and talked to him for a bit.
i then said i didnt want to be wasting his time and he thanked me for ringing

very nice guy....

i deleted his number now in case i decide to ring him again when im drunk some night.
wudnt want to be pestering/stalking him.

wws
17/06/2005, 3:01 PM
do u have it in call register

i wanna ring him sometime to tell him to SHUT THE FC U K UP

the master of the "jinxed" game

paul_oshea
17/06/2005, 3:12 PM
i deleted his number now in case i decide to ring him again when im drunk some night.

are you gay??

people only ring ex's or birds they fancy when locked.

barglee
17/06/2005, 3:30 PM
are you gay??

why do you care if im gay or not? (im not gay by the way)

Does the thought of a man who is friends with George Hamilton attract you or something?
well im not interested Paul. i only like girls.

fosterdollar
17/06/2005, 3:35 PM
Whoa! You're really pushing the intellectual debate boat out here lads. Ok, next decide who's Dad could kick the snot out of the other guy's Dad...

Drumcondra Red
17/06/2005, 3:57 PM
Erm... your not friends with him, you rang him once, well done, although I'm at a loss why he spoke to you!!!

Cosmo
17/06/2005, 4:13 PM
This is a hilarious thread :D - fair play to ye, getting him thinking he knew ye :eek: .

You should give him a ring again after the next match he commenetates on to give him an analysis of his commentary :D

Next time you're on to him will ye tell him to tell Jim Beglin on air that his stories aren't that funny :rolleyes:

Green Tribe
17/06/2005, 7:04 PM
are you gay??

heh heh :D :D true!

jofyisgod
17/06/2005, 7:35 PM
why do you care if im gay or not? (im not gay by the way)

Does the thought of a man who is friends with George Hamilton attract you or something?
well im not interested Paul. i only like girls.

FĂșck me, this is like First Year humour. Jesus man, does this event warrant a thread. It's an anti-story, of no interest to us.

Reminds me of Gareth from the Office for some reason. This homophobic attitude to comedy... :rolleyes: :D

onenilgameover
19/06/2005, 6:02 AM
FĂșck me, this is like First Year humour. Jesus man, does this event warrant a thread. It's an anti-story, of no interest to us.

Reminds me of Gareth from the Office for some reason. This homophobic attitude to comedy... :rolleyes: :D :eek:

I actually think this thread is one of the best I have read in months...Entertainment of the highest order...Who cares if its a **** take..its great stuff... :)

barglee are you aware of your lunacy?

jofyisgod
19/06/2005, 11:10 AM
barglee are you aware of your lunacy?

Sadly not, I'd guess, but that just adds to the comedy. He is genuinely delighted that he spoke to GH! :eek: :p

barglee
20/06/2005, 10:12 AM
Sadly not, I'd guess, but that just adds to the comedy. He is genuinely delighted that he spoke to GH! :eek: :p

well it was nice to speak to George but i think ive gotten over the excitement of it all by now.
Does anyone have Ger Cannings number?
or Ryle Nugent?
or Darragh Maloney?

or even better ...Jimmy McGee?

Peadar
20/06/2005, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have Ger Cannings number?

Click here (http://www.hse.ie/en/HealthServiceInfo/HealthServices/County/Dublin/Psychiatric/Central/) for some contact details.
You can speak to some very good people...
Hope this helps.