PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong Oko-Flex F FC Zurich b.2002

Pages : [1] 2

Eirambler
11/01/2021, 8:02 PM
Oko-Flex gets half an hour for Celtic against Hibs: https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/january/Celtic-held-to-a-draw-by-Hibernian-at-Paradise/

ColourfulPeanut
11/01/2021, 10:39 PM
His biggest highlight was wearing airpods while he was getting instructions while getting ready to come on.

Razors left peg
11/01/2021, 11:22 PM
His biggest highlight was wearing airpods while he was getting instructions while getting ready to come on.

https://twitter.com/johnflood11/status/1348736995657453572

He'd be released tomorrow if I was manager there. Obviously couldnt give a sh1t

Eirambler
12/01/2021, 5:40 AM
Apparently Lennon was communicating with him visa the airpods, at least that was what Celtic claimed after the game. But it looked awful, as though he had just been sitting on the bench listening to music.

ColourfulPeanut
12/01/2021, 8:57 AM
Apparently Lennon was communicating with him visa the airpods, at least that was what Celtic claimed after the game. But it looked awful, as though he had just been sitting on the bench listening to music.
That makes perfect sense to be fair. I'd say it's unlikely they'd even be allowed their phone anywhere near them during a match!

tetsujin1979
12/01/2021, 9:54 AM
McManus is showing Okoflex a phone when he comes on, presumably that's Lennon speaking to him.

seanfhear
12/01/2021, 12:47 PM

Beam me on Scotty ~ ~ Works better if Lennon was a Scot or his first name was Scot !

Razors left peg
12/01/2021, 8:33 PM
Fair enough, just as well I'm not a manager so!

Olé Olé
25/06/2021, 2:40 PM
West Ham snap up Ireland U19 winger Armstrong Oko-Flex from Celtic https://the42.ie/5477578

Will be interesting to see how this goes. Under 23s and senior training or out on loan?

tetsujin1979
15/12/2021, 6:08 PM
Named on the bench for West Ham tonight

Razors left peg
15/12/2021, 6:14 PM
I hope we dont regret Crawford messing him around in last get together.

ColourfulPeanut
16/12/2021, 9:44 AM
I would definitely question Crawford's handling of it but at the same time f he's going to get stroppy about that, then we don't want the lad anyway.

Let him play for Nigeria if he wants. Not sure he'd want that level of travel and commitment for a country he might not have ever even visited.

elatedscum
16/12/2021, 12:49 PM
i bumped into someone involved in the 21s setup two weeks back. we happened to get talking about Ebosele - and the squad selection for the Sweden game and his general reply was that Crawford pushes players hard in training and expects 100% in training and that's his basic bar, how well you're training, as to whether you'll be in the squad or be playing...

that probably explains some of the more left-field decisions. Even Kerrigan, I thought he did well and then was included in the overall squad but dropped from the match day squad.

In general, my main criticism would be, we've got a bunch of half decent number 10s (Smallbone Tierney, Noss, Watson) and generally, he'll shoehorn one of them out wide instead of a winger. Then it's generally Tyreke Wright if fit on the other side. Between Ebosele, Okoflex, Ferry, Kerrigan and O'Neill - probably some others I'm forgetting, there's bound to be a winger or two out there...

tetsujin1979
04/07/2022, 2:24 PM
Okoflex named as one to watch this season by theathletic: https://theathletic.com/3389625/2022/07/03/premier-league-pre-season-patino-mcatee-gordon/

West Ham — Armstrong Okoflex
Armstrong Okoflex is an exciting prospect. The attacking midfielder joined last summer from Celtic and has been one of the key performers for the under-23s and was an unused substitute for 10 of the first team’s 38 league games.
The 20-year-old attacker had interest in January but it was felt he would be better suited to continuing his development with the under-23s. It is likely Okoflex will be loaned out this summer but he has travelled for the squad for their pre-season training camp in Scotland. Providing he seizes his opportunity, it would give manager David Moyes food for thought.
Okoflex impressed during friendlies last season and he will hope to catch the eye once more.

Demesne Lad
30/08/2022, 12:04 PM
Oko-Flex(West Ham) has joined Swansea on a season-long loan.

JR89
30/08/2022, 12:37 PM
Hopefully he can get decent playing time at Swansea with a manager that wants to play attacking football. Though he's probably under pressure given their start this season. Surprised he didn't go to MK Dons with Mannings West Ham connection and he also wants his teams playing good football.

tommy_c12000
30/08/2022, 12:45 PM
21 in March, feels that he’s been around forever. Has looked good at underage levels. A loan move should have happened a year ago. I guess we will see if he can make an impression at championship level, I’d be surprised if he does

CraftyToePoke
19/10/2022, 12:24 AM
Came on for Swansea tonight at 1-2 down at home to Reading at HT, was subbed off for a midfielder on 87 at 3-2 up. Championship minutes starting to come his way recently.

SkStu
05/11/2022, 2:41 PM
Watching Swansea - Wigan this morning. While they’re losing, I really like the look of Okoflex. Playing on the left wing. Pacy, tricky and can put in a decent ball.

Subbed at half time.

samhaydenjr
06/11/2022, 12:56 AM
Watching Swansea - Wigan this morning. While they’re losing, I really like the look of Okoflex. Playing on the left wing. Pacy, tricky and can put in a decent ball.

Subbed at half time.

Yeah he did seem comfortable, consistently beat players and whipped in a few decent crosses. I was planning to come on here and note that he was up to about eight sub appearances so far and ask if he was close to a call-up. I know Kenny said he didn't want to experiment much in the upcoming friendlies and that Will Smallbone is probably the priority in terms of promoting young players, but this is going to be the last chance to blood any extra youngsters in before the qualifiers and Okoflex's progress seems to have shifted up a gear or two - might be worth bringing in to the squad

Eirambler
06/11/2022, 8:35 AM
I don't think he's in contention for the senior squad at this point. But his performances at Swansea would certainly suggest Crawford made an error favouring Tyreik Wright over him in the last under 21 campaign. Hopefully Oko-flex will be given more of a role in the next one.

Demesne Lad
06/11/2022, 9:00 AM

Subbed at half time.

"Russell Martin suggested that Armstrong Oko-Flex's work out of possession was the reason for his half-time withdrawal during the draw with Wigan. .....And Martin says Oko-Flex is aware of why he was substituted at the break. "I was happy with moments," said Martin of the 20-year-old's display......."When we have such clarity in what we want in can be quite frustrating sometimes when we don't get it. We've made a few changes to the team recently because of that. "We just need to keep developing Armstrong's understanding of what we want from him, especially out of possession." (Wales Online, 6 Nov.)

liamoo11
06/11/2022, 12:31 PM
"Russell Martin suggested that Armstrong Oko-Flex's work out of possession was the reason for his half-time withdrawal during the draw with Wigan. .....And Martin says Oko-Flex is aware of why he was substituted at the break. "I was happy with moments," said Martin of the 20-year-old's display......."When we have such clarity in what we want in can be quite frustrating sometimes when we don't get it. We've made a few changes to the team recently because of that. "We just need to keep developing Armstrong's understanding of what we want from him, especially out of possession." (Wales Online, 6 Nov.)

Right wing back is a big change for oko flex from being a widea forward. It's not going to be easy for him to get his positional work off the ball correct wit out lots of time spent playing that position

JR89
06/11/2022, 2:02 PM
He wasn't playing right wing back

tetsujin1979
06/11/2022, 2:48 PM
going by his heatmap on whoscored.com - https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1648385/Live/England-Championship-2022-2023-Swansea-Wigan - he was predominately on the right wing, and cutting inside

SkStu
06/11/2022, 3:42 PM
He started on the right but moved to the left about half way through the half. They seemed to switch to a 4231 after going 2 down though it was hard to tell.

Demesne Lad
06/01/2023, 11:37 AM
Recalled from Swansea to parent club West Ham (Pundit Arena, 6 Jan).

JR89
06/01/2023, 12:08 PM
Unless he joins a league who play March to November he's gotta remain at West Ham having already played for two clubs this season.

Jd2793
06/01/2023, 2:08 PM
celtics fault

nigel-harps1954
06/01/2023, 2:29 PM
Unless he joins a league who play March to November he's gotta remain at West Ham having already played for two clubs this season.

Has he played domestically for West Ham this season? Don't think a Europa Conference League qualifier counts?

Demesne Lad
07/01/2023, 12:05 PM
Has he played domestically for West Ham this season? Don't think a Europa Conference League qualifier counts?

"...having represented the Hammers as a substitute in the UEFA Europa Conference League back in August, Oko-Flex will not be able to play for another club again this season". (Football.London, 7 January)

pineapple stu
07/01/2023, 12:19 PM
Are we to take it then that the loan was cancelled as it wasn't working out?

Was getting some sub time - 20+ minutes at a time across a dozen sub appearances, with no goals - but maybe Swansea/West Ham wanted more out of it?

Seems the only reason as he seems unlikely to add to the West Ham squad at the moment

Eirambler
07/01/2023, 12:24 PM
Yes, Russell Martin wasn't a fan and is looking for someone better defensively in his position (possibly Ogbene if he can get him).

JR89
07/01/2023, 12:38 PM
Are we to take it then that the loan was cancelled as it wasn't working out?

Was getting some sub time - 20+ minutes at a time across a dozen sub appearances, with no goals - but maybe Swansea/West Ham wanted more out of it?

Seems the only reason as he seems unlikely to add to the West Ham squad at the moment

Was told his playing time would be slim to none if they get in the players they want this window. Three of their five on loan players have returned to their parent clubs.

Trequartista20
26/07/2023, 5:54 PM
Anthony Joseph of Sky Sports is reporting that Oko-Flex is in talks with Serie C Group C side Pescara.

JR89
26/07/2023, 6:14 PM
Jesus that's some drop in levels. I know Odubeko is gone to second tier in Portugal but the team he joined were only relegated through the play offs and you'd imagine they'll get promoted next season.

Razors left peg
26/07/2023, 6:59 PM
Anthony Joseph of Sky Sports is reporting that Oko-Flex is in talks with Serie C Group C side Pescara.

That's an awful move

SkStu
26/07/2023, 7:03 PM
It’s weird. He was making appearances for Swansea in the championship and from the bits I saw was ok/passable. Seems quite the drop…

culloty82
26/07/2023, 7:19 PM
Jesus that's some drop in levels. I know Odubeko is gone to second tier in Portugal but the team he joined were only relegated through the play offs and you'd imagine they'll get promoted next season.

Yes, Maritimo are generally top flight regulars in Portugal, akin to Southampton or Crystal Palace in England.

JR89
26/07/2023, 8:41 PM
It’s weird. He was making appearances for Swansea in the championship and from the bits I saw was ok/passable. Seems quite the drop…

Fact West Ham released him at 21 and no other English club came knocking when no compensation would have been needed to sign him doesn't bode well for the lad. Might be a sign that he's got a **** attitude or something.

Razors left peg
26/07/2023, 10:20 PM
Fact West Ham released him at 21 and no other English club came knocking when no compensation would have been needed to sign him doesn't bode well for the lad. Might be a sign that he's got a **** attitude or something.

Wasn't there a game when he was on the bench for Celtic wearing headphones...his sh1t attitude was signaled a long time ago

JR89
26/07/2023, 10:55 PM
Wasn't there a game when he was on the bench for Celtic wearing headphones...his sh1t attitude was signaled a long time ago

They came out afterwards explaining the airpods were the club's and he was getting instructions from Lennon before coming on.

That was his debut game when Celtic had to play reserve players because they decided to have a team trip abroad in the middle of covid.

Razors left peg
27/07/2023, 3:05 AM
They came out afterwards explaining the airpods were the club's and he was getting instructions from Lennon before coming on.

That was his debut game when Celtic had to play reserve players because they decided to have a team trip abroad in the middle of covid.

I remember that, and I remember thinking it was spin to cover up his crap at the time. I could be wrong, but there was a definite stink about his attitude from the early days

liamoo11
27/07/2023, 5:58 PM
I remember that, and I remember thinking it was spin to cover up his crap at the time. I could be wrong, but there was a definite stink about his attitude from the early days

You actually think he was listening to music while sitting on the first team bench hoping to make his debut for the first team!!! Jog on

Razors left peg
27/07/2023, 6:43 PM
You actually think he was listening to music while sitting on the first team bench hoping to make his debut for the first team!!! Jog on

You're right, hes been such a perfect professional since that any hint that here was ever an attitude problem was obviously wrong.

elatedscum
27/07/2023, 7:33 PM

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/armstrong-oko-flex-chats-celtic-23301411

that was debunked straight after the game. and it makes sense, it was when he was seconds from coming on the pitch that he was pictured, not when he was sitting on the bench

Razors left peg
27/07/2023, 7:40 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/armstrong-oko-flex-chats-celtic-23301411

that was debunked straight after the game. and it makes sense, it was when he was seconds from coming on the pitch that he was pictured, not when he was sitting on the bench

As I said, I could be wrong about it being spin, but theres a reason a lad with his talent is finding himself being linked with Serie C at this stage when hes been at Arsenal, Celtic and West Ham

elatedscum
27/07/2023, 7:42 PM
The Serie C move seems weird. The Athletic reported last month that he had 4 offers from league 1 teams and 2 offers from championship sides. you'd wonder what he agent is up to...

Razors left peg
27/07/2023, 7:52 PM
The Serie C move seems weird. The Athletic reported last month that he had 4 offers from league 1 teams and 2 offers from championship sides. you'd wonder what he agent is up to...

Probably just looking for anywhere that he'd be guaranteed 1st team football.

JR89
27/07/2023, 7:58 PM

It would be a strange move alright when you consider he done alright for the minutes he got in the championship. While it was short lived it seemed more that Russell Martin wasn't pleased with how he performed when out of possession and some Swansea fans felt he should have got more minutes.

Like if the Athletic were right and there was some offers from EFL teams then you'd think they'd get better offers in Europe than dropping down to Serie C if that rumour is true. Just looking at Serie C and see Juventus have a reserve team in Serie C Group A. Surprised neither of the Milan teams have a reserve team since Serie C is regionalised.