PDA

View Full Version : Tony O' Dowd

Colm
16/03/2002, 5:39 PM
Tony O' Dowds antics in front of the shed on wednesday were a disgrace. He was doing his best to incite trouble from the crowd. At least 2 bottles were thrown, one hit a stweard on the back. his only reaction was a smile- typical!

mouldymurphy
16/03/2002, 7:41 PM
ah stop grasping at straws

Gary
16/03/2002, 8:26 PM
While his actions werent exactly gentlemanly, the guy simply reacted to the Sheds jeers. The shed were continually shouting 4-0 to him. What was the point of that. He responded by giving a 0-1 gesture to us. If you are going to take that as being inciteful, then you shouldnt go to football. And when Rovers scored, he celebrated.

I cant see where the problem is.

Hes still a p*ick though :D .

ccfcman
17/03/2002, 12:31 PM
does it matter

Colm
17/03/2002, 12:59 PM
I think it does. He just really ****ed me off, hes such a smug little b*llocks

SÓC
17/03/2002, 1:20 PM
In most professional leagues in Europe keepers would get into trouble for such antics, Bosnich got in big trouble for reacting to the crowd.

Does anyoe remember a friendly a few years back against Wolves Michael Oakes did not react to constand Shed taunts because he is used to not reacting, knew he would get into trouble if he did so in his own league.

The bottles would not have been trown if it wasnt for Tony's reaction.

Colm
17/03/2002, 1:52 PM
Exactely. He winds up the shed every time he plays in the cross. The only positive aspect is that he diverted our attention away from city's dreadful performance!!

Éanna
18/03/2002, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by COLM
He winds up the shed every time he plays in the cross.

yes, and who does that help?! It doesn't help city players when their fans are more concerned with the rovers keeper than their performance. I'm not standing up for o'dowd, he p!sses me off every time he comes down, but if you're going to give the guy stick then you can't blame him for reacting! Also, when some of us were talking to him in the Turners cross tavern after the cup game he was a sound bloke, and said he loves playing in the cross. He annoys me sure, but unless he does something obscene it's not worth going on about it.

as for what SOCCFC said, Bosnich gave a nazi salute to spurs fans (spurs traditionally having a large number of jewish fans), which is a bit more serious than o'dowd acting the clown.

Gary
18/03/2002, 6:38 PM
I reckon what Tony O Dowd did helped his team alot. We were so ****sed off with him we werent getting behind the team when they were playing their best football in months. Personally, Id love if Devine or Mooney annoyed others as much!

pete
19/03/2002, 11:42 AM
I don't know what he did last week but O'Dowd is well known for his winding the crowd up antics.

Apparently he loves it so best thing is to just ignore.

mouldymurphy
19/03/2002, 11:46 AM
talking to a friend in dubland he was up to his old tricks at the $hel$ game until the first goal ( what a goal i must add ) he went very quiet after that

Éanna
19/03/2002, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by pete
Apparently he loves it so best thing is to just ignore.
yeah, he more or less admitted that to us. if it works............