PDA

View Full Version : Hopes for the rest of the season...thoughts to far??

Darco Ooragnak
15/06/2005, 5:46 PM
So after thirteen league games and a handfull in the cups.....what is your report so far.....

Mine would be that i am happy enough so far, though one thing i am annoyed about is the lack of goals in the team...Seventeen League Goals in Thirteen games should be improved upon, in fairness the lads stuck four past Galway at home and were unlucky not to top this away from home against them.

The future...well we`ll keep plugging away with Dublin City and Limerick and time will tell. In the cups well again time will tell, a few nice draws or even a clash with one of the "bigger" teams....

roversforever
15/06/2005, 5:53 PM
we're scoring more goals since McT came back and i think we will continue to do so as long as he stays fit.i think we have a great chance of winning the league coz i think dublin city are way overated.we should have beaten them twice.they might not even get second with the form limerick are in at the minute.

sligoman
15/06/2005, 7:23 PM
i think flannery deserves credit too. he's been better than mctiernan in my opinion

:confused:

Sorry I disagree, McT has been far better than Flannery so far

Rory H
16/06/2005, 9:39 AM
i cant believe someone would ever say that :eek:

im delighted.....we are joint top and have come a long way in a short time...couldnt ask for much more...i dont care if we win 1-0 every week....a win is a win

Da Real Rover
16/06/2005, 4:46 PM
The fact is we really struggled scoring goals before Mc Tiernan came and the goals we did score often came from the defence, often we only won games by 1 goal. But Saint Paul has actually given the team an extra dimension and above all penetration, something we were lacking. Flannery has done excellent in recent games but hes no Mc Tiernan.

Sheridan
16/06/2005, 5:00 PM
Have to agree, Sligo seem best-equipped to take the division, Dublin City have a good squad but the manager is far too inflexible with regard to tactics. Limerick and DC to slug it out for second place, Cóbh will fall away eventually; Dundalk and Kildare are already too far in arrears.

None too convinced by Connor, though, strikes me as something of a charlatan (Port Vale...tripe standard league...amigo...coaching badges....noooo, I'm being possessed by Siemprered!)

Mayo Red
16/06/2005, 7:21 PM
I think this could be our year, the players seem to have gelled really well and are capable of playing some excellent football. We need to get a bit more ruthless though in killing off teams, i.e. converting draws into wins. Over the last few seasons we have drawn far too many games. Once again, the refereeing, particularly in the Showgrounds will cost us points such as the goal in the Monaghan game. Also despite the fact we won 4-1, the ref in the Galway game was brutal. It is time we got out of this First Division graveyard and back where we belong, keep the crowds coming and lets do it this year!