PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Boris Mahon DeMonaghan

SaucyJack
15/06/2005, 5:38 PM
seen him name-checked on another site, a 19 yr old forward with French side Sedan, any novelty(c'mon, look at the name) stories pop up in the papers about him? btw, this name beats Carlos MacAllister, Fabian O'Neill or Xavier O'Callaghan by a long shot.

scroll down, just his name on team list (http://www.footpro.fr/espace_club_ligue2/match_club.asp?CODE_JR_TR=J18&club=Sedan)

4tothefloor
15/06/2005, 8:18 PM
Dimitri O'Donnell, the tv3 reporter, always cracks me up

Donal81
15/06/2005, 9:51 PM
Ivor Callely or Ivan Yates are particular favourites of mine. I went to college with a guy called Miguel Delaney.

hamish
16/06/2005, 11:30 AM
You wouldn't believe how many women down this part of the country are called Breda Rabbitt. Do parents with that surname think about this when they are considering a first name?? Obviously not.

The first well known West Ham player was named S.R. Ba$tard.

My third name is Mariano (seriously) 'cos I was born in Marion year, whatever that was - soemthing to do with the virgin Mary, I presume. :D

livehead1
16/06/2005, 11:36 AM
does fabian o'neill have irish blood...wat bout benni mccarthy

Donal81
16/06/2005, 11:56 AM
My father, God love him, has the unfortunate middle name of Assumpta. I guess he was born close to the Feast of the Assumption but that's a stinking name...

I remember the story about Gay Byrne when he was doing a chat show on some US radio station. "Listen Gay, we can't call you that, no one over here will understand that a man can be called Gay. What's it short for?" "Eh, Gabriel." "Ah f*ck, we can't call you Gabriel Byrne, there's already one Gabriel Byrne over here, we'll confuse the listeners if we tell them that there's another famous Irishman called Gabriel Byrne. What's your middle name?" "Eh, Mary." "Thanks for coming in Gay..."

hamish
16/06/2005, 1:35 PM
My father, God love him, has the unfortunate middle name of Assumpta. I guess he was born close to the Feast of the Assumption but that's a stinking name...

I remember the story about Gay Byrne when he was doing a chat show on some US radio station. "Listen Gay, we can't call you that, no one over here will understand that a man can be called Gay. What's it short for?" "Eh, Gabriel." "Ah f*ck, we can't call you Gabriel Byrne, there's already one Gabriel Byrne over here, we'll confuse the listeners if we tell them that there's another famous Irishman called Gabriel Byrne. What's your middle name?" "Eh, Mary." "Thanks for coming in Gay..."

:D :D :D

Great story! I was pretty common for blokes to have Mary a part of their first names for obvious religious reasons so I can see why your Dad was called Assumpta.

But why my parents inflicted Mariano on me I'll never know. Even Mum, God rest her, couldn't remember why they chose that name instead of just a simple Mary. Maybe she was thinking of one of her favourite singers, Mario Lanza, and combined to two. My best friend gives me a terrible slagging over that, I'll tell ya. He puts on an Italian accent and keeps asking me when will the fish and chips be ready. :D

SaucyJack
16/06/2005, 1:48 PM

Great story! I was pretty common for blokes to have Mary a part of their first names for obvious religious reasons so I can see why your Dad was called Assumpta.

But why my parents inflicted Mariano on me I'll never know. Even Mum, God rest her, couldn't remember why they chose that name instead of just a simple Mary. Maybe she was thinking of one of her favourite singers, Mario Lanza, and combined to two. My best friend gives me a terrible slagging over that, I'll tell ya. He puts on an Italian accent and keeps asking me when will the fish and chips be ready. :D

well, at least Mariano is the masculine form, alot better than Mary if you ask me or Maria......John Wayne's real first name was Marion.

hamish
16/06/2005, 2:17 PM
well, at least Mariano is the masculine form, alot better than Mary if you ask me or Maria......John Wayne's real first name was Marion.

Thank God for that - everyone keeps telling me it's the female version. Whew! :D

I think we're getting into a boy called Sue territory!! :eek:

SaucyJack
16/06/2005, 2:32 PM
A Famous Mariano (http://www.marianorivera.com/)
Thank God for that - everyone keeps telling me it's the female version. Whew! :D

hamish
16/06/2005, 2:46 PM
A Famous Mariano (http://www.marianorivera.com/)
I'll take that :D

Is it a Spanish or Italian name?? Probably Spanish???

Donal81
16/06/2005, 2:53 PM

Classic, I always wondered how my old man didn't end up challenging his father, who had the cushy name of Daniel, to a duel in a saloon in ol' west Kerry! :D

Or how Gay Mary Byrne didn't end up on the roof of RTE with a rifle...

hamish
16/06/2005, 3:04 PM
Classic, I always wondered how my old man didn't end up challenging his father, who had the cushy name of Daniel, to a duel in a saloon in ol' west Kerry! :D

Or how Gay Mary Byrne didn't end up on the roof of RTE with a rifle...

Junior
16/06/2005, 3:20 PM
Jospeh Plunkett, another with the middle name Mary

colster
16/06/2005, 5:07 PM
I had an uncle whose name was Joachim Aloysius Mary.

Stopped by the police once... They asked him his name. When he gave they said "Ah go on.. you've enough trouble already" and let him go.