PDA

View Full Version : Limerick - Outside the Premier 2005/06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

3 Heroes
15/06/2005, 1:48 PM
anyone ever discuss anything other than the premier?

Happy Zapper
15/06/2005, 3:46 PM
thats up to others who post on the site, start a thread and see what kind of response you get. What do you have in mind

summervilleman
15/06/2005, 4:35 PM
Yes i put in a few comments about the other leagues a few times but seems not many are interested in it..Good to get this topic moving.....

magic_man
15/06/2005, 7:35 PM
Yes i put in a few comments about the other leagues a few times but seems not many are interested in it..Good to get this topic moving.....

easy say it now when yer gone out of premier,the standard is absolutely diobolical and not many will have much interest

balls
15/06/2005, 11:06 PM
watch out for holycross and herbertstown they will go well in there respective divisions this year

abbeyvale
16/06/2005, 10:05 AM

Who do you think will start the season as favourites to get promoted from Div 1A, and also who do you think will get relegated from Prem to 1A next season..............this of course is going on teams keeping the majority of their squads from this year.

3 Heroes
16/06/2005, 10:24 AM
not all those playing/played junior ever made it to the premier but still like to remember the good days

Happy Zapper
16/06/2005, 11:16 AM
I think summerville man wants to talk about 1A? only slagging

3 Heroes
16/06/2005, 12:23 PM
any rumours on transfers for 1a teams

the manager of my local club may be getting the shaft, only he doesn't know it

summervilleman
16/06/2005, 2:32 PM
I will talk about any division guys as long as the topic is good...No problem there,.

About who will be favourites this year in 1a...I would say myself probably Abbey(depending on the team they have) wembly(who seem to have had a good year last year. Corbally(who also had a good year and are getting stronger and also beat wembly well in the cup final. herbertstown also had a good season last year but they sort of lost results at the end of the season(probably as players had GAA committments....)I am also confident that we will do pretty well this year...It will be very competitive....But if i was to pick 2 teams as favourites i will stick my neck out and say us(summerville ) and corbally.....

Now onto who will struggle next year in the premier...My money would be on hill celtic and mungret next year to go down!!!!

3 Heroes
16/06/2005, 4:23 PM
Coonagh v Caherdavin next year

i reckon sparks will fly

last time i played em the match had to abandoned as they were gettin hockyed and couldn't play fair

magic_man
16/06/2005, 7:18 PM
Who do you think will start the season as favourites to get promoted from Div 1A, and also who do you think will get relegated from Prem to 1A next season..............this of course is going on teams keeping the majority of their squads from this year.

wembley should be certs if they can hold onto there minors from this year and most of the current squad,abbey will struggle big time,they are the worst side i have seen in prem in a long time and rumour has it there better players are going,in prem i think hill celtic granville mungret and charleville will struggle.also i think herberts town could be a surprise in 1a

3 Heroes
17/06/2005, 9:04 AM
reckon abbey and charleville to go down

Happy Zapper
17/06/2005, 10:03 AM
wembley should be certs if they can hold onto there minors from this year and most of the current squad,abbey will struggle big time,they are the worst side i have seen in prem in a long time and rumour has it there better players are going,in prem i think hill celtic granville mungret and charleville will struggle.also i think herberts town could be a surprise in 1a

That sounds spot on

Happy Zapper
17/06/2005, 10:05 AM
reckon abbey and charleville to go down

Abbey have gone down already.

Happy Zapper
17/06/2005, 10:14 AM

Abbey could come back up if they do not loose players to other clubs, Wembley could loose a few also. Corbally have a good side and will def be in with a shout. I think there could be a few surprises next year in the premier division.

Nemesis
17/06/2005, 10:43 AM

Promoted Corbally or Herbertstown
Relegated Granville, janesboro or mungret

3 Heroes
17/06/2005, 11:37 AM
corbally to win dunno bout second

won't be herbertstown though

gaidin
17/06/2005, 11:44 AM

Cant see Herbertstown getting promoted. Were good last year but faded away once the GAA started up. Corbally are a good shout to go up .Young team and well organised.

summervilleman
17/06/2005, 12:34 PM
Promoted next year will be wembly and summerville
relegated from premier will be hill celtic and mungret!!!!

Sticking my neck out there!!!!!

abbeyvale
17/06/2005, 1:05 PM

Your telling me that you think Abbey were a worse team than Hill Celtic & Summerville last year???

I know the league states that Hill Celtic stayed up and the league doesn't lie, but in all fairness it was the LDMC that kept Hill Celtic up not themselves, by awarding them 3 pts for a game they couldn't beat 9 Abbey players in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slippers
17/06/2005, 1:45 PM
Relegated Granville, janesboro or mungret
What makes you think the Boro will be relegated ?

magic_man
17/06/2005, 5:54 PM
Your telling me that you think Abbey were a worse team than Hill Celtic & Summerville last year???

I know the league states that Hill Celtic stayed up and the league doesn't lie, but in all fairness it was the LDMC that kept Hill Celtic up not themselves, by awarding them 3 pts for a game they couldn't beat 9 Abbey players in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree about ldmc,but from what i saw of abbey they had absolutely nothing to offer and they still only had 2 win 1 of there last three games games so it didnt all boil down to the hill celtic game,plus from what i hear the commitment side if things was diabolical.

summervilleman
19/06/2005, 5:03 PM
roll on next year..yeah¬¬¬¬

summervilleman
27/06/2005, 11:57 AM
Any rumours on players movements this year.....Sumerville(i hear) are getting a few but nothing definate yet!!! Anyone else any rumours ourt there???

3 Heroes
27/06/2005, 2:05 PM
start naming names Summerville man

summervilleman
28/06/2005, 1:15 PM
Why u so curious 3 HEREOS??? danny colbert from weston..he was with us last year but is coming back again as we got our old manager back..Also heard that stuart fitz will bw coming back to us as well!!!!

nice view
28/06/2005, 1:47 PM
Stewart Fitz he'll get ye up all right won't he, ya right the only place he puts in the effort is Icon.

nice view
28/06/2005, 1:49 PM
agree about ldmc,but from what i saw of abbey they had absolutely nothing to offer and they still only had 2 win 1 of there last three games games so it didnt all boil down to the hill celtic game,plus from what i hear the commitment side if things was diabolical.

I think abbey should have stayed up, always gave teams a good game not like, summerville and hill celtic

abbeyvale
30/06/2005, 2:40 PM
I think abbey should have stayed up, always gave teams a good game not like, summerville and hill celtic

I agree, at least Abbey turned up for all their games not like Charleville, they should be ****ed out of the Prem league

summervilleman
30/06/2005, 2:41 PM
thats a bit harsh now Mr View..To be totally honest i don't many teams ever liked to come play in portland/.....its a bad pitch yes but teams didn't like to play us either...we never give up and always keep going till the end no matter what the score.....Abbey well they weren't bad either but i don't think ye will see them anywhere near the premier in a long while as they are falling apart from what i hear¬¬¬¬¬

Stuart fitz may visit the icon a few times but u'd always see the likes of frankie lee,owen lynch,philip collopy,ray mcmahon only to name a few out in the icon almost every sunday night so i don't think thats a fai commment

nice view
30/06/2005, 3:52 PM
Now you said it you'd see all those players out on a SUNDAY night, not a saturday night before a match. Which is where all these guys let themselves down, training 2 nights a week and then go out and get blocked Saturday night.
Don't tell me Summerville players don't do that, because i know for a fact they do.

lim abroad
01/07/2005, 1:49 AM
have to agree with you there nice view, i've often seen stew fitz lead a sing song in the still house on a sat night before a game

Happy Zapper
01/07/2005, 9:58 AM
I agree, at least Abbey turned up for all their games not like Charleville, they should be ****ed out of the Prem league

agreed, but they win enough games to stay in it so it just shows the standard of junior football in Limerick. Maybe this year.

3 Heroes
01/07/2005, 10:11 AM
do you reckon they will win enough this year though

i'm sure the ldmc will try to hang them with the fixture list, after what they did by pulling out of the lawson

nice view
01/07/2005, 10:58 AM
lets hope they get kicked out,
No one wants to go down there its too far, espically an evening game after work. And i'm convinced their illegal every week, every time you play against them there is about 3 or 4 new faces.

Happy Zapper
01/07/2005, 3:34 PM
--------------

mod edit: a comment like that is liable to start the flames again.
leave it out

summervilleman
02/07/2005, 6:59 AM
No i am sorry there lads i will have to disagree with ye..Any time we had a game on a sunday morning there would be none of our team out on a saturday night unless notice is giving to the gaffer that that player will be available for selection if need but will not be in the right state of mind and when stuart fitz was with us i don't he ever went out the night b 4 a game.... Also just on that point of view as well lads...U don't expect young fellows these days to stay in every single saturday night when most of them are working monday - friday not to go out the odd saturday night??? the way the junior soccer season goes in this city the league finishes in june and it starts again mid-august!!!????
Any comments on that???

lim abroad
04/07/2005, 2:57 AM
i think most junior players go for their pints on sun nights anyway,but there's always a few that you'd see ducking about on a sat night trying not to be spotted

3 Heroes
04/07/2005, 9:26 AM
some of us like to go out friday and saturday night
we work all week and feel we deserve to go wild for a bit

the way things are going i may just take up the nightowls

what nights do they play on

SummervilleRule
04/07/2005, 1:27 PM
Should be an interesting season in 1A, hopefully our form will pick up and we can put a good run together. Alot the team have played together since under 12's so they are quite tightly knit, and had a bit of success. So it should hopefully be a quick return.

abbeyvale
04/07/2005, 6:30 PM
Should be an interesting season in 1A, hopefully our form will pick up and we can put a good run together. Alot the team have played together since under 12's so they are quite tightly knit, and had a bit of success. So it should hopefully be a quick return.

Promotion from Div 1 a will be between.
Summerville, Wembley, Corbally, & Abbey (if they can keep some of their players)

marketsfield
04/07/2005, 8:50 PM
It doesnt look like alan barry will be with abbey.

Happy Zapper
05/07/2005, 11:11 AM
It doesnt look like alan barry will be with abbey.

Looks like abbey will be missing a good few players next year

abbeyvale
05/07/2005, 10:55 PM
Looks like abbey will be missing a good few players next year

I agree.
They had only a panel of 15 "A" players last season and of that 15 i'm nearly certain the following will happen.

John Barry, Pa Barry & Thomas Butler (all to Star, as Pa Boland has taken over)

Daithi O'Donoghue (confirmed) Ger Collopy & Pa Moloney (all to the Boro).

Peter Clarke (to Hill Celtic).

Pa (Who) Moloney (to Caherconlish or Herbertstown).

That's a total of 8 from 15, and only leaves 7 players from last season's squad!!!!!!!!

balls
06/07/2005, 9:13 PM
is that young lad john clifford still with them.

3 Heroes
09/07/2005, 10:14 PM
Coonagh's manager from last season got the boot
new manager now in place

summervilleman
10/07/2005, 12:58 PM
Was talking to John clifford the other night and it looks like he is off to star as well as most of the other abbey players..Think graham carey is going back to star as well....Star could be strong contenders next year as well!!!

Night owls is on a friday and saturday night and sometimes a monday night to answer a question asked there recently!!

Gentle Ben
11/07/2005, 10:00 AM
Was talking to John clifford the other night and it looks like he is off to star as well as most of the other abbey players..Think graham carey is going back to star as well....Star could be strong contenders next year as well!!!

Night owls is on a friday and saturday night and sometimes a monday night to answer a question asked there recently!!

Did not take long for Abbey to fall apart, shame because they looked like they had the bones of a good team.

summervilleman
11/07/2005, 4:28 PM
I'm not dis agreeing with u there gentle ben but most of the players were treated very badly at abbey...well from the abbey players i was talking to anyway....Thats why most of them are leaving and to be honest i don't see them puttting a team in next year and if they do it will be mostly b-team players